A simple void elf request

Definitely, have a great night.

5 Likes

People are actually getting along in this thread, I’m amazed but also glad to see it. :blush: :blush: :blush:

6 Likes

I just wanted to add that Rhonin was the leader of the Kirin Tor when Vereesa, his wife, wanted to form the Silver Covenant.

3 Likes

Refreshing isn’t it?

I maintain that all of us can disagree without being jerks to one another.

Yeah one could make an argument that might have something to do with a paramilitary group being allowed to be made to “watch” other Dalaran citizens.

4 Likes

1 Like

Didnt Jaina go ape over the belves in Dal because they were planning to manabomb (or had) Theramore? And rightfully so since they DID?

I cant remember, but i do remember that the bomb originated with one of the factions in dal.

No. She got mad because a single Sunreaver helped the Horde steal the bell from Pandaria from Darnassus where the Alliance was trying to keep it from Garrosh.

2 Likes

Was that after Theramore? Maybe it was a last straw situation. I dont remember 100%.

It was after Theramore

Her last straw moment was Theramore… I don’t know why anyone let her become a leader in Dalaran after what transpired…

1 Like

Plot armor. Ally say Sylvie is a mary sue, Horde say its Jaina…

Its both.

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth…

Can we toss Tyrande on there too?

And Anduin bless his heart.

1 Like

Anyone in game whos model is bigger than normal players models. Especially in raids.

1 Like

Now now.

Tirion eventually died…

Edited for correct spelling :stuck_out_tongue:

Ida preferred Tyrion to be a gnome. At least it would have been consistent with his name sake. :stuck_out_tongue:

The cool Tyrion wasn’t as well known when blizzard made Fordring.

Honestly Tyrion Lannister would have been amusing to see leading an order of zealots…

1 Like

Of course lore wise. This was a discussion about Dalaran’s lore.

From a gameplay perspective it’s a sanctuary just like Shattrath before it.

1 Like

I hate to be that gal but…

Tirion Fordring, Tyrion Lannister. WoW i, GoT y.

2 Likes

It’s about time someone besides me was that person.

2 Likes

Don’t apologize. These things matter damnit!

Lol

3 Likes

See, I don’t think Sylvanas can possibly qualify as a Mary Sue for a single reason, she needs to be redeemed. Mary Sues don’t need to be redeemed because they never do anything wrong.

Also and this is a big one, Mary Sues traditionally have to be self inserts. Jaina is a massive self insert for Christie Golden in a way Sylvanas never has been for anyone. I mean Christ, she even gets that cool and edgy streak of white hair that Christie has always thought about doing but her girlfriends have told her would look really bad.

Sylvanas is OP as hell because she’s a villain and to a certain extent you need your villain to stymie your heroes for them to be a legitimate threat.

Another common sue trait is that everyone openly talks about how great they are. At no point between now and like, Legion, has anyone been like WOWEE SYLVANAS YOU SO COOL, but tonnes of characters talk about how great and powerful Jaina is. Even Dation Migraine, a death knight, cannot help but gush about the sheer power of the Lord Admiral in Shadowlands.

Back when Metzen was da boss, I’d have pointed to Thrall as the resident Horde Sue (largely due to his ridiculous level of competence engendered by the Golden book Lord of the Clans), but at the time part of the reason for that was that a good orc was an entirely new concept and also post-Cata he’s basically just a big, sad guy with two kids and a hidden axe. On a farm.

5 Likes