A second account for a friend

I’m giving an old laptop to a friend and wow is already installed. If I buy a second copy of battle for Azeroth. Will sh be good to go? any game time included with the purchase? Can these 2 accounts be linked? I’ll be paying her subscription with my card on file.

Does your friend have her own wow account?

No she’s a brand new player

She can only play on an account in her name.

All she needs to do is create an account, in her name, and add time to it. BFA is an expansion and does not come with gametime. If she chooses to purchase it. or you

3 Likes

again, does she have her own account? She cannot use one of yours, as account sharing is not allowed.

1 Like

You are only allowed to share accounts with one minor dependent.

There is no current RAF offer, so no linking accounts

1 Like

I’m not going to share. This will be her account. I’ll just be paying the bill. Will she be able to advance from level 1-120 with purchase of battle for Azeroth?

Character boost is included, but it’s 110.

The base game is free. You just need game time

1 Like

She needs to be the one to make the account. If you want to gift her game time or BFA, that’s totally fine too.

On a new account with game time, she can level all the way up to 110. If you gift her BfA, she’ll get the free boost and access to all of BfA including leveling up to 120.

But you cannot have any access to her account and it cannot be an old account of yours that you’re “giving” her.

2 Likes

First thing?

Have her create a new and unique email address for her Blizzard account and ONLY use it for Bnet. Nothing else.

Then help her set up an account.

I recommend putting the mobile authenticator AND SMS on it.

Then honestly gifting her Bnet balance is the easiest way for both of you. Let her buy game time and BFA if she wants. And keeps your info out of her account

2 Likes

You can’t ‘give away’ an account either.

The account holder is the person that shows on the account at creation. The only exceptions to that are in the area of minor and dependent children.

3 Likes

I’m not giving away my account. I want us to play together, just need to know what I need to buy to get her going on her own account. The game is already installed and fully updated on a laptop I have her thanks

I covered that

Ok so she just needs to make her own account and I add game time to the account she makes.no purchase needed, she gets a full version of the game for free . All we need to do is pay $15 a month for game time. Sweet! Thanks

Correct. Up to level 110.

After than she’ll need BFA.

1 Like

And here’s where you can go to gift her the game time:

Just be sure to choose the Gift option :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help. Getting to level 110 will keep her busy a while! We can add BFA later!

6 Likes

Show her how to make gold, and she’ll be self sufficient using tokens.

4 Likes

Enjoy and tell her welcome to Azeroth from us!

4 Likes

And be sure tk use the refer a friend option as well.