[A-RP] <Vigilants of Tyr> - Recruiting!

Hello there!

Welcome to the Vigilants of Tyr! We’re a new guild here on Moon Guard, and we’re all very excited to meet you!

Here’s the TLDR:

The Vigilants of Tyr are a successor to the Tyr’s Guard - the guardians of Tyr’s Tomb. We seek to protect what Tyr left behind, and make sure that Tyr’s efforts are continued in the ever-changing world of Azeroth!

Now here’s the long version:

The Vigilants of Tyr were formed to honor the memory of Tyr, pure and simple. Tyr was a great hero, and his actions have inspired the denizens of Azeroth to achieve great things - and he has been used as a rallying symbol for Paladins and the Light everywhere! However, the Tyr’s Guard who protected his tomb and his memory were slain during the Legion invasion. While Tyr’s Tomb was collapsed, several tons of dirt are hardly an obstacle for anyone who might wish to desecrate or loot the tomb.

And so, the Vigilants have arisen to protect not only Tyr’s Tomb, but artifacts and relics related to Tyr across Azeroth - so if you see any, let us know! We’d be very interested in taking them off your hands, or at the very least keeping them safe.

However, protecting a stuffy old tomb while ignoring the world around us would be to dishonor Tyr’s memory. The Vigilants are encouraged and driven to enter the world and do as Tyr did - venture forth, protect Azeroth, and smite evil wherever we might find it.

Now, to break it down into OOC terms that are a bit easier to parse:

1. The Vigilants look to protect Tyr’s Tomb (up in western Tirisfal), as well as any other Tyr related relics and locations (and other Titanic relics, to a lesser extent).

2. The Vigilants are meant to go out into the world and adventure. Going out, helping the innocent, smiting the wicked, healing the wounded, and so on.

3. The Vigilants honor Tyr as a fallen hero - not necessarily as a religious figure. I’m not saying that no one does that, but we don’t organize prayer circles. Tyr was a great hero, and we should strive to act as he did!

OOC Information:
We aim to run /roll events for our guild (using a personalized system running on the addon “Dicemaster”), as well as run some casual PvE content (we’re not world first raiders, but many of us enjoy M+ and normal raids from time to time!).

While the Vigilants are an Alliance guild, we are inherently inclined towards some neutrality in that the Vigilants work closely with the Argent Crusade, Cenarion Circle, etc. While any Alliance race might be accepted as a member, non-Alliance races are likely to undergo some scrutiny.

And while Tyr is commonly associated with the Light and Paladins, this is not a Paladin guild! Characters of any class are welcome and encouraged to apply - if you haven’t picked up on it yet, we are generally a “good” aligned group.

I hope this has made some amount of sense, and I encourage you to DM me in-game or in discord with your questions! I can be found at Snowsteel#2289 on discord.

If you want to join our guild, send me a DM at Snowsteel#2289 OR join our discord here!

And hey, if you have questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, please let me know!

12 Likes

Oh wow this is super creative I love it. Good luck with your guild!

4 Likes

Ruf is an amazing dm and storyteller! Highly recommend, 10/10

3 Likes

Thank you, Rainweaver!

We’re getting our feet under us, and we’re getting ready to start our first guild story arc! Going to start this off in the next two weeks, so if you’re interested in joining us, contact me in discord or in-game!

(We’ll still be recruiting once this campaign starts, we’ll just get you caught up if you join in mid-story!)

1 Like

I have the urge to purge, can’t wait to get this guild arc going.

1 Like

Hey there.

Returning player here. New to MG but have been playing on and off since the back half of WotLK.

This looks really cool and it would be something new to expand my limited RP horizons with.

Will definitely keep an eye out.

Cheers!

For the Alliance!

3 Likes

Hope to see you in-game, Thadderly! We’d love to have you.

In other news, we’re starting our guild campaign this Monday! If you’ve been looking at the guild and want to hop in, now’s the time!

And, y’know, if you wanna check us out after this starts too, that’s cool too.

2 Likes

This guild gets a 12/10 from me!

2 Likes

Hey folks, we’re still here! Our first two events have gone swimmingly, and we’re off to a great start!

Now that we’ve secured Tyr’s Fall (not to be confused with Tirisfal), we’re moving on to fortifying the region! While we’ve hired some masons, skilled labor would be more than welcome in the Vigilants - as well as anyone else who would seek to uphold the legacy of Tyr!

2 Likes

We’re starting our first campaign arc this week, and we’d love to have some extra hands!

And hey, if these forum posts aren’t enough to grab your interest, check out our recruitment flier made by the wonderful Raynelle Stilwell at https://tinyurl.com/VigilantsofTyr!

2 Likes

We’re nearing the conclusion of our first campaign arc (just one or two events left, unless things go particularly poorly). Come check us out, and help us build up Tyr’s Fall!

1 Like

Ever wonder if you could kill a gargoyle with apples? Turns out that you can!

We’re starting to get established in Tyr’s Fall, and are working with the Argents to investigate some shady happenings in Lordaeron. If you’re interested in good deeds with a dash of shenanigans, you might be in the right place. We’d love to have more like-minded folks!

1 Like

We’re about to finish up our current campaign arc! After investigation all across the northern regions of the Eastern Kingdom, we’ve tracked down this “Herald” to Scholomance…

If you ever wanted to come check us out, send me a message! We’re about to start up a new arc once this is finished, and it’d be a great time to introduce a new character.

We’re starting up our newest campaign arc here on Thursday night!

Have you ever wanted to see what Tyr’s Tomb looks like? It may have been collapsed, but a little bit of dirt isn’t going to stop us! We’re preparing to start our excavation and restoration of the tomb! Certainly nothing bad will ever come of this…

Ever want to dig up a Titanic tomb? That’s literally what we’re doing right now in our guild campaign - you should come check us out!

I wish you all the best!

A great group of folks, if I say so myself!

2 Likes

We may have found something big, scary, and void-related inside the Tomb as we started excavating it. If you know any C’thrax hunters, point them in our direction! We’re going to need some help!

Have you ever wanted to go make fun of Odyn?

Some of our friends do, and they’re dumb enough to try it. We’ll be in Stormheim for our next event series, getting into all sorts of trouble - and trying to keep these friends of ours out of it.

2 Likes

Seen aboot ten o’ these lads aroond vrykul country, looked like fine folk 'avin fine times, were I alive tae partake in such.

MACBEN!