[A-RP] <The Wolf Cult> moved!

Seems like a cool guild, just not sure I can stand to do the starter area again (at least not right now). :open_mouth:

1 Like

The Gilneas Starter Zone is a brilliant refresher for people who havenā€™t done it in a while, especially knowing - from Curse of the Worgen - the worgen outbreak was no accident, but planned and orchestrated by the Wolf Cult.

Even so, Iā€™ve done it so many times by now, itā€™s worth it to use the lvl1 Gilneas escape trick. You can find it on Google, and while it is a hassle to get right, it does work.

1 Like

Redmane and the pack celebrate three years tonight at midnight! Happy Hallowā€™s End Wyrmrest!

Lycan what you see? Worgen on a character? Packed with wolf puns? Join the Wolf Cult!

4 Likes

The puns are such a deal-breaker

(I kid)

1 Like

Just a little teaser at what our d20 events look like. Tonightā€™s got pretty intense!

A bright orange waxing crescent lit the dark forest from above, its glow peeking through the branches, which had slowly adopted hues of orange, reds, and browns themselves. The damp decaying scent of fallen leaves filled the forest, accompanied by the crunch of footsteps upon them or rustling of critters beneath. To a human, it would seem the forest was losing life as the season wained. But to a worgen, with such senses, it was clear the dark woods was live and wild as ever, even now.

The true concern came when the scent of fallen leaves and decaying foliage accompanied the sounds of an animal. Even from this distance, those of keen senses (10+ perc) could tell there was something out there. Those of even keener senses (18+ perc) noted the certain lack of animal scent, the scent of vegital decay in its place. The lack of the sounds of sniffing or breathing, replaced instead by the whisper of rustling leaves or the clatter of twigs.

Wynestria visibly hunkers down, seeming to look to get smaller. She sniffs the air, finding nothing, then scans the area with her glowing eyes.ā€œWelp, somethinā€™ ainā€™t right.ā€

Lindalyn does not notice anything out of the ordinary, too focused on enjoying the quiet evening. But she does notice when her companions get antsy. ā€œWhat is it?ā€ she asks quietly.

Redmane could be found at the entrance to the den, already standing guard when the entities were sensed approaching. His ears perked in alarm and eyes narrowed in concentration, not as he identified them as threats, but rather failed to identify them at all. Eyes widened as he finally did. ā€œWicker.ā€ he whispered.

Wynestria skulks up beside Raedolf, nodding. She sharpens her blades against eachother, each one making the soft, grinding sound of metal against metal as she does so. ā€œGot some fire oil here, made just in case. Want I should use it?ā€

The alpha glanced to the side to see and identify the rogue, then gave a nod. ā€œAye. Moight need it.ā€ he agreed, flexing his claws as he readied himself, and inhaled the chill fall air before howling out into the night, both in challenge and warning to their enemies, and to raise the alarm.

Wynestria expertly grapples her way to the top of the cliff to take advantage of the choke point and identify enemies as they approach.

Sure enough, ghostly howls came in reply, accepting the alphaā€™s challenge and charging the entrance to the den. Two became visible, in the shape of great worgs but formed from branches yet to lose their rotting leaves.

More

22:53:23 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: ā€œGonna go check it out.ā€
22:53:27 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: (oops darn it
22:53:33 [Linetabe-WyrmrestAccord]: *She stood on the cliff, keeping watch and leaping up the thing with a swift bunching of leg muscles. The scent was dangerous and her job was to keep this safe.
22:54:07 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria lowers herself to all fours, creeping through the grass as silently as she can, nose raised slightly to try to track the scent.
22:54:38 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria rolls 17 (D20+9)
22:54:53 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Linda hisses to Wynestria ā€œby yourself? Are you sure thatā€™s wise?ā€
22:55:22 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Redmane could be found at the entrance to the den, already standing guard when the entities were sensed approaching. His ears perked in alarm and eyes narrowed in concentration, not as he itentified them as threats, but rather
22:55:22 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: failed to identify them at all. Eyes widened as he finally did. ā€œWicker.ā€ he whispered.
22:55:29 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: ā€œThis ainā€™t my first rodeo, sweetheart. The more of us go clumped together, the more likely we are to be found.ā€
22:56:23 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria skulks up beside Raedolf, nodding. She sharpens her blades against eachother, each one making the soft, grinding sound of metal against metal as she does so.
22:56:52 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: ā€œGot some fire oil here, made just in case. Want I should use it?ā€
22:57:52 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Linda heard Wynestriaā€™s comment and huffs, heading straight for a group of her packmates anyway. ā€œWhatā€™s wrong? What is it?ā€ She asks quietly once sheā€™s near the others, unnerved.
22:59:49 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: The alpha glanced to the side to see and identify the rogue, then gave a nod. ā€œAye. Moight need it.ā€ he agreed, flexing his claws as he readied himself, and inhaled the chill fall air before howling out into the night, both in challenge and
22:59:49 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: warning to their enemies, and to raise the alarm.
23:00:42 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria expertly grapples her way to the top of the cliff to take advantage of the choke point and identify enemies as they approach.
23:02:32 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Sure enough, ghostly howls came in reply, accepting the alphaā€™s challenge and charging the entrance to the den. Two became visible, in the shape of great worgs but formed from branches yet to lose their rotting leaves. (Stirbaā€™s
23:02:32 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: turn first.)
23:03:28 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: ( bear with me, feeling slow tonight >:l
23:04:16 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Looks like maybe we all are xD )
23:04:24 [Linetabe-WyrmrestAccord]: (Just waiting for my turn.)
23:04:38 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: [Iā€™m not! >:( Iā€™ve got a new mechanical keyboard and I"m ready to test it out!]
23:05:45 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Yup! I use the beginning perception rolls to determine turn order, and i put it in my trp3 currently with all the hp and npc stats. Itā€™ll be Stirba, Rae, Wyn, Line, Linid, then the Wickerwolves.)
23:06:39 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: (( attacking skull
23:06:50 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: Hatespeaker rolls 11 (D20+4)
23:10:03 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: The first of the wickerwolves charges up the path at the den with sharpened twigs for fangs, snarling with a ghostly voice. Its run falters and it tumbles forward and to the side as Stirbaā€™s spellwork takes effect.
23:10:03 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Success, {Skull} to 1/2hp. Raeā€™s turn.)
23:11:30 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Gonna continue to emote in raid for now, keeps it all in the same window and Linetabeā€™s not in range yet)
23:13:27 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Raedolf snarls as his glowing golden predatorā€™s eyes quickly calculate the situation, instinct then driving him to run forward. Yet where instinct may have had him raise his claws in the air, some other force of habit sent the scythe from his
23:13:27 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: back into his hand, sent even further forward in a sweep to reap the vegital wolf of anything it may. (attacking skull)
23:13:32 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Raedolf rolls 13 (D20+3)
23:15:54 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Before the first of the wickerwolves can recover from the withering sorcery, the beastial constructā€™s head is rent from its wooden spine, sending the whole of it tumbling into a lifeless pile of foliage. (Wynnā€™s turn.)
23:16:33 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria skulks along the top of the canyon, muscles tense and eyes glinting. She keeps her eyes keen for any approaching enemies. [[Holding turn.]]
23:19:36 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Seeing its packmate deconstructed before it did manage to sway the second of the wickerwolves, growing hesitant as its deathly eyes came to see the three that protected the den, but it would not yet turn tail.
23:19:36 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Linetabeā€™s turn. )
23:20:34 [Linetabe-WyrmrestAccord]: *approached softly, the faint clank and grind of steel on steel muffled by fur, padding and meat only betrayed her presence as she looked down at the combat. Holding both of her weapons, sheā€™d leap down to try and deal a devastating blow!
23:21:01 [Linetabe-WyrmrestAccord]: (Soll roll 20 and use the skill?)
23:22:16 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (You donā€™t have Dicemaster set up at the moment, so you can just /roll 20 for now, til we get you set up )
23:23:18 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Well then. Thatā€™s a critical hit, dealing 2 damage and killing the wickerwolf in one blow.)

23:24:39 [Linetabe-WyrmrestAccord]: (Do you want me to describe the kill?
23:25:28 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Yeah go head, make it brutal!)
23:27:19 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Lindalyn was preparing to attack the wickerwolves, her palms already glowing with lunar magic, but she stepped back as both were killed before she could act, one of them quite viciously by a stranger. ā€œā€¦Goodness,ā€ she says instead, letting her magic Ā»
23:27:19 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Ā» fade. ā€œWas that the last of them?ā€
23:27:36 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: ā€œDoubt it. Where thereā€™s wicker, thereā€™s a witch.ā€
23:29:09 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Linda sighs, calling her magic back again. ā€œWell, at least weā€™re already prepared to attackā€¦ā€
23:29:24 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: While the second wicker wolf had grown only hesitant and the firstā€™s fate, the third stopped dead in its tracks as it watched the second butchered just before its eyes, sending bits of bone, branch, leather and rope flying across the gully.
23:29:24 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Lindaā€™s turn.)
23:29:51 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (oh thereā€™s a third one, magic time)
23:31:08 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Taking the opportunity to attack, Linda stepped forward, casting a curious look at the newcomer before focusing on the wolf. She wrinkles her nose in disgust before calling lunar fire down to try and burn it.
23:31:26 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Lindalyn rolls 16 (D20+4)
23:34:48 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Already stopped in its tracks, the wickerwolf ignited in bright blue flame, flames licking at the wood and eating at the ropes - physical and otherwise - that bound its body together. This time, its howls were not of the forest of which it was
23:34:48 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: made, or the beast it imitated, but the woeful cries of a man. The blue flaming wolf turned tail, and began to run westward. (Stirbaā€™s turn.)
23:35:53 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: (( if i want to pursue it, do i need to roll anything or just emote?
23:35:53 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Raedolf howls as he sees the covenā€™s minion turn to flee, and jabs a clawed finger down the hill towards it. ā€œTHES ENDS TOā€™NOIGHT! FOLLOW THAā€™ FEIND!ā€
23:37:11 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Hmmā€¦ roll Athletics to pursue. 10+ to keep up, 17+ to catch up.)
23:37:17 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria rolls 17 (D20)
23:37:26 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: [[Whoops wrong button]]
23:37:30 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: [[Iā€™ll take it tho]]
23:37:42 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: Hatespeaker rolls 11 (D20+3)
23:37:48 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Lindalyn rolls 11 (D20+2)
23:38:58 [Linetabe-WyrmrestAccord]: (So everyone rolls athletics?
23:39:00 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Ah what the heck, everyone go ahead and roll Athletics )
23:39:13 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Raedolf rolls 18 (D20+8)
23:39:37 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria rolls 23 (D20+5)
23:39:53 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: (( guess I shouldve had my wheaties today :stuck_out_tongue:
23:42:33 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: The wickerwolf howls through the night as it flees. Those unprepared to follow might still keep up (10+), while they quick on their feet managed to catch up and keep pace with it (17+).
23:42:51 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Hmmm, chase scenes are always interesting to try and dm. )
23:43:27 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (run ahead and do landmarks maybe?)
23:43:58 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Yeah that should work well, Iā€™ll be right back)
23:44:17 [Linetabe-WyrmrestAccord]: (Talk about an entrance. RNG blessed me.)
23:44:47 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (a good first impression! Linā€™s like ā€˜whoa who is this personā€™)
23:44:59 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (nice to meet ya btw!)
23:45:08 [Linetabe-WyrmrestAccord]: (Yep! Same to you.)
23:46:22 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Wow I didnā€™t realize how far away this was xD)
23:48:34 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Welcome to the chase round! Athletics rolls will determine how well your worgen keeps up. )
23:51:03 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Letā€™s go ahead and have everyone roll Athletics again. 10+ to move up one, 18+ to move up two.)
23:51:14 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Lindalyn rolls 19 (D20+2)
23:51:15 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Raedolf rolls 15 (D20+8)
23:51:17 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: Hatespeaker rolls 23! (D20+3)
23:51:24 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria rolls 14 (D20+5)
23:51:24 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: ((woooo
23:53:31 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: The flaming wickerwolf barrels through the forest, screaming as if a man set aflame, making it quite easy to follow. Lindalyn and Stirba manage to chase just a hair behind it ({Circle}) while the rest of the pack follows close
23:53:31 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: behind (at {Diamond}).
23:54:42 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Roll for Athletics)
23:54:48 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: Hatespeaker rolls 7 (D20+3)
23:54:48 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Raedolf rolls 12 (D20+8)
23:54:52 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Lindalyn rolls 18 (D20+2)
23:55:01 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria rolls 25! (D20+5)
23:55:11 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: (( woot !
23:55:40 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Lindalyn has no idea how she managed to get past most of her fellow packmates, her old joints are definitely going to be feeling it later.
23:58:20 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: Stirba yelps loudly, trodding on a thorny branch that had fallen from her fleeing quarry. She loses momentum briefly.
23:58:23 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: With a pack of worgen hot on its heels, the wickerwolf leaps down the hillside, even losing pieces of itself as it flees onward to {Star}. (Rolls below 10 stay put, rolls 10+ move up one, rolls 17+ may move up two.)
23:58:42 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: Hatespeaker rolls 14 (D20+3)
23:59:09 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (same rolls we did a sec ago?)
23:59:18 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (That wasnā€™t saying to roll, that was interpriting the rolls we just did)
23:59:27 [Linetabe-WyrmrestAccord]: (AH!)
23:59:45 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (oh fun, I think Iā€™m all alone up here :'D)
00:00:03 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Raedolf rolls 18 (D20)
00:00:07 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (missclick)
00:00:27 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Wow what marker are you at Linda? I wish I could see them on my zone map xD )
00:00:55 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (moon, it was the next one after yellow star and I got to go 2)
00:01:04 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Sweet)
00:03:04 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: The wickerwolf cries out as it nearly runs into Lindalyn, but makes a hard turn and continues running, drawn northwest in a straight line, now reaching {Moon}. (Everyone roll Athletics again. Under 10 stay put, 10+ move up one, 17+ move up
00:03:04 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: two.)
00:03:09 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Raedolf rolls 25 (D20+8)
00:03:19 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Lindalyn rolls 16 (D20+2)
00:03:22 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: Hatespeaker rolls 13 (D20+3)
00:03:34 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria rolls 23 (D20+5)
00:04:04 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (hey rae whereā€™s the one after moon :'D)
00:04:12 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Next one is Square, itā€™s down the road a bit)
00:04:21 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (blue one over here!)
00:04:30 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (ty)
00:06:01 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (This chase is interestingly different. Ordinarily Iā€™d have those that managed to catch up deal damage, like if weā€™re on a pack hunt chasing a deer. But this oneā€™s interesting in that weā€™re following it)
00:06:51 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: [[I mean Wyn wants to kill it, not follow it.]]
00:07:56 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Oh okay then, roll melee? 10+ and itā€™s a hit )
00:08:04 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (For Wynn not everyone)
00:08:16 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria rolls 8! (D20+7)
00:08:29 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: [[Big oof.]]
00:08:48 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynn somehow hurts herself instead. 2/3hp.
00:09:40 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: The wickerwolf sends bits of gravel falling down the hillside as it scrambles up, breaking out of the forest onto the road, wooden claws driving it forward, even as Lindalyn and Wyn keep pace with it, the latter trying and failing to swipe at
00:09:40 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: it.
00:10:06 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria leaps forward to slash at the creature, but her hand gets doused in flames almost approaching contact. She yelps, reeling back from the assault.
00:10:48 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Wickerwolf moves to {Square}. Everyone roll athletics again. Under 10 stays, 10+ moves up one marker, 17+ moves up two markers.)
00:10:54 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Raedolf rolls 20 (D20+8)
00:10:54 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria rolls 14 (D20+5)
00:11:04 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Lindalyn rolls 19 (D20+2)
00:11:09 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: Hatespeaker rolls 19 (D20+3)
00:11:55 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria, slightly hobbled, keeps sprinting forward, growling in pain with every step.
00:12:31 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (rae how many more of these did you set up? also can Lin hold back at this one to try to heal wyn instead of going one more?)
00:13:52 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Only one more. And yes, just roll Healing instead of Athletics)
00:14:16 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Lindalyn rolls 24 (D20+8)

Logging started on 11/02/2019 at 00:16:06.
00:17:28 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria rolls 23 (D20+5)
00:17:44 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (back)
00:17:48 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (DCed there for a min)
00:18:12 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Last thing I saw was the heal roll, looked successful. Wyn healed to 3/3hp. )
00:18:51 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Linda uses her turn to heal Wyn to 3/3hp. Everyone else roll Athletics to follow the wickerwolf to its last milestone.)
00:18:58 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: Hatespeaker rolls 22 (D20+3)
00:19:03 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Raedolf rolls 14 (D20+8)
00:19:21 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Linda feels bad because it was technically her flames that hurt Wyn, so she holds back brieftly to send some healing magic at the other worgen. Amazingly it worked, but sheā€™s worn out from it, holding back.
00:20:23 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (I started running out of markers around here :expressionless: )
00:20:53 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: As Wynestria lopes through the forest, she feels her pain subside. Ribbons of healing magic wrap around her injured paw, the puckered skin replaced with new, fresh flesh and fur. She barks back at Lindalyn thankfully before bounding off at full speed.
00:23:34 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: As the pack drew near, their worgen senses grew alert with the sheer scent, distant noise, and ghastly aura, a deathly feeling that choked the air like humidity. An aura some may know intimately. ā€œWitchcraftā€¦ā€ Redmane snarled as
00:23:34 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: he pushed himself to run on two legs, readying his scythe as the pack followed the wickerwolf around the hillside.
00:24:23 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria breaks apart from the pack, running off to the side of them to find a different approach.
00:24:45 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Everyone roll for perception. Wyn +5 for rogue reasons, Linda -5 for distance.)
00:24:58 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: Hatespeaker rolls 21 (D20+5)
00:25:02 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Lindalyn rolls 13 (D20)
00:25:14 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Yeesh, I always forget how far away this place is. This part of duskwood is bigger than i think it is)
00:25:15 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: (my percep bonus is +5 so -5 is normal)
00:25:30 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria rolls 17 (D20+10)
00:25:38 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Yall can come up to where Iā€™m at )
00:26:22 [Lindalyn-WyrmrestAccord]: Linda creeps through the woods, following her nose to try to catch up.
00:26:38 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Raedolf rolls 20 (D20+9)
00:26:54 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria skids and ducks behind a tree, careful to keep herself covered and peer out only when her worgen senses tell her itā€™s safe.
00:30:44 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Roll order updated.) As the pack finally drew near, the source of the deathly aura stretched out before them. Phantoms of all kinds had been collected, and could be sensed and seen bound and tethered in groups, near to where wickerwolves and
00:30:44 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: wickermen stood lifeless. At the fieldā€™s center stood the woman, the hag herself responsible. (Wynā€™s turn first. Witch {Skull} and Wickerwolf {Triangle}.)
00:31:32 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Up to you what you want to do here.)
00:31:59 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria takes careful aim with a glass flask full of bright, glowing red liquid. She winds up and throws it as hard as she can toward the witch and the wicker creature. On contact, it will catch fire.
00:32:19 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: Wynestria rolls 28 (D20+14)
00:32:30 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: [[-10]]
00:32:36 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: [[I forgot to change dicemaster.]]
00:33:57 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Looks like a good crit hit. Do you want to deal one damage to each of them, or two damage to one?)
00:34:09 [Wynestria-WyrmrestAccord]: [[Two damage to the witch.]]
00:34:16 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Gotcha)
00:37:00 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: The hag and her minion never saw it coming. Just as the hunched grotesque woman - body misshapen from witchcraft - notices the wolf, it is too late. Having turned to face the wolf, the thrown vial of liquid fire broke on her back, covering her whole back
00:37:00 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: in flames. She screamed, the whole field screaming with her. (Witch to 3/5hp. Stirbaā€™s turn.)
00:37:50 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: (( can i get closer and attack in the same turn does it have to be only one action?
00:39:08 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Yeah Iā€™ll say weā€™re close enough, and we havenā€™t been spotted, so youā€™re good. You can roll to attack, or you can roll to stealth closer for a possible bonus.)
00:39:48 [Hatespeaker-WyrmrestAccord]: (( im pretty loud, i will just roll and emote to attack hag :wink:

4 Likes

These guys are cool. You should come hang out with them.

1 Like

Iā€™m intrigued, but I donā€™t know much about the lore and Iā€™m unsure of how a priest could fit here.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fine! Each character fits in the pack in their own way. Being a small guild, we get to explore character growth and characters get to talk with eachother, and find what they can do in the pack. From warrior to healer, savage to scholar, Shadow Weaver to Hound of God, thereā€™s tons of possibilities and room for creativity.

Worgen lore, worgen roleplay, and my guild are my favorite things to talk about. Feel free to message me and toss around some ideas. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As a worgen guild and members of the Wolf Cult, we get to roleplay in Nightbane Territory in Duskwood, where most of our events take place.

Tonight however, we enjoyed the change of scenery in running through Elwynn, and taking to human form in Stormwind to toss back some mead. A good night of drunken laughter and potato jokes. Because why not?

Curious or interested? We are recruiting! Join our discord below or message me on Discord with Redmane#1794.

3 Likes

New Campaign - The Wolf Cult: Newblood

Packleader Marus and the Packlords have met and discussed progress, including expansion of territory and population. Packlord Redmane and his followers have turned their attention to Westfallā€™s desperate.

Upcoming Events

:diamonds: Casual Roleplay - Sunday Nov 17th, 7pm pst, Duskwood
Leadership will be available at this time to meet new recruits, help members make up for requirements, or just casual roleplay.
Border Patrol, Den Cleanup, City Walking, etc.

:diamonds: Moonwell Monday - Monday Nov 18th, 7pm pst, Loc TBD
The pack gathers at one of many moonwells across Azeroth for a time of relaxation. Bask in the healing waters, and let Elune wash away any traces of evil that may yet cling to you. Also good against fleas.

:diamonds: The Wolf Cult: Newblood - Tuesday Nov 19th, 7pm pst, Westfall
The Wolf Cult - Cult Classics - Ep 1. Packleader Marus and the Packlords have met and discussed progress, including expansion of territory and population. Packlord Redmane and his followers have turned their attention to Westfallā€™s desperate.

:diamonds: Raedolfā€™s Reagents - Thursday Nov 21st, 7pm pst, Stormwind
Meet Raedolf in his human guise as he sets up his monster-ingredients shop in Stormwind. Stop by for all your alchemical, magical, hunting, and crafting needs. Or take this opportunity to introduce a new character for Raedolf to meet and recruit.

:diamonds: Den Meeting - Friday Nov 22nd, 7pm pst, Duskwood
The pack gathers at the den to recap on recent events, plot their next moves, and plan for the future. Aspirants that have done their Righteous Kill may be initiated. Initiates that have been on a pack hunt may be promoted. Wear your cultiest attire.

< The Wolf Cult > recruitment is OPEN! :white_check_mark:

Hungry for worgen roleplay you can sink your teeth into? Join the discord below or message me directly to learn more.

Redmane#1794

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, making campaign logos is slightly addicting.

3 Likes

Clegayne spoke in a confident, yet easy-going tone that was in stark contrast to his dark actions. "So, how does one become a member of your pack anyhow?" the blood thirsty death knight inquired.

Linetabe shrugged and looked between the two of them. ā€œIā€™ve been meditating on such, that one question eludes me.ā€

Raedolf blinked, then raised his head and cleared his throat. ā€œLetā€™s go for a walk, shall we? Iā€™ll talk on the way.ā€

[Linetabe] A walk sounds good, yes.

Clegayne looked around at the various wildlife that scittered around the forest. The thoughts that went through his mind as his gaze shifted between woodland creatures, the world will never know.

How much do you know about the worgen, really. Either of you?

Clegayne looked at Linetabe with an inquisitive eye brow raised.

[Clegayne] Many of our people are trapped in the emerald dream, are they not?

[Linetabe] A gift from the wilderness, controlled fury incarnate like the gathering storms. A gift from Goldrinn the great wolf and Hunter of Hunters.

Good, good. And also true, Clegayne. Their freedom is one of our many goals. Do you know how the worgen ā€˜curseā€™ came to be?

[Linetabe] If Goldrinn is one of the ancients revered by the elves, then the ā€˜curseā€™ must have originated from elven experimentation in the druidic arts.

Clegayne nodded as Linetabe spoke, recalling more and more from his previous experience with Arugalā€™s pack before his death at the hands of the Scourge.

Iā€™ll start at the beginningā€¦ it will help it all make sense.

More

Over ten thousand years ago, Kaldorei civilization grew so great they paved the earth, and turned from nature. Their greed and sorcery brought the attention of the Burning Legion.

Goldrinn was among the great gods to help fight off the demonic invasion, and died to save Azeroth. Seven hundred years later, Malfurion Stormrage came to lead the kaldorei as a druidic culture. Yet demons rose up once again, and began losing to these satyr.

Linetabe listened intently, walking at ease amongst the others.

Inspired by the memory of the wolf god, many druids turned to Goldrinn, who gifted them his four legged form. Yet as powerful and efficient as it was, Malfurion Stormrage grew scared and jealous of the form, and banned it.

[Linetabe] Typical elves, banning what they fear even if its natural.

To better control the wolf form, their leader - Ralaar Fangfire - set up a meeting. He had his followers bring the fang of Goldrinn, and the priestess a staff. The priestess prayed, and Elune herself forged the two into one, as a Scythe.

The Elves call it the Scythe of Elune. We call it the Fang of the Father.

Their prior form had been that of wolves, drawing purely from Goldrinn alone. Yet when they focused on the Scythe, they took not the form of wolves, or elves, but something in between. The perfect balance.

And so it was. They loved their new form, a literal gift from the goddess, and a blessing for use against the demons. In a single battle, they turned the tide against the Satyr.

Yet Malfurion did not thank them. He instead called them freaks, abominations, and war broke out between the two.

Malfurion took the Scythe, and used it to banish the worgen to the Emerald Dream.

[Clegayne] Mustā€™ve failed, eh?

[Linetabe] A druid of Malfurionā€™s strength would not have failed.

Well, their ā€˜eternalā€™ banishment didnā€™t last forever, if thatā€™s what you mean.

Nine thousand three hundred years passed, and the Scythe of Elune resurfaced in Ashenvale. Elune bestowed the scythe of a sentinel there, so the worgen may cull the demons of felwood.

At the same time, Gilneasā€™ wall was being attacked by the scourge, and Genn Greymane ordered his royal mage to summon the worgen with the spell heā€™d found.

This mage - Arugal - summoned the worgen, including Ralaar Fangfire, known then as Alpha Prime. Now finding himself in Gilneas, Alpha Prime would not be enslaved by the Gilneans, and took Shadowfang Keep as his own.

The sentinel heard of the Gilnean mage, and attempted to visit him to compare notes about the worgen. Yet she only made it this far, to Duskwood. When the Scythe was discovered here by the humans, they unknowingly unleashed more of the trapped worgen unto Duskwood, beginning the Nightbane Pack.

Linetabe had never really been beyond Elwynn and Stormwind so the native worgeness knew not of Gilneas or Arugal. These are names she didnā€™t know the significance of but thatā€¦ that was interesting.

[Clegayne] Can worgen switch between packs? Seems uncommon.

Aye. And they did. Alpha Primeā€™s ā€œBloodfang Packā€ and the Nightbane Pack here were quick to make contact, and both worked to grow in number by initiating humans, hoping to find the Scythe and free the rest of their brothers.

In fact, Alpha Primeā€™s pack grew so large, he lead them to attack Gilneas, aiming to bite as many as possible. To go slowly and initiate the willing is better, but the Forsaken grew stronger by the day, and Kaldorei had arrived in Gilneas to kill him.

His plan, bite as many as possible, get the Scythe and free his kin, and march on Darnassus to kill Malfurion Stormrage.

[Clegayne] Easier said than done.

This never came to pass. The Kaldorei arrived in Gilneas, and Alpha Prime fell in battle. Yet his teachings live on among his people, here in Duskwood and in the north. We realize the purity of the worgen form, all its gifts and benefits over human living.

[Clegayne] Arthas wouldā€™ve loved to have such a primal and powerful knight in his service. Instead, the bastard was stuck with the likes of me.

Linetabe snarled at the sound of that name. Even here she knew of his betrayal, the bells rang for a long time.

Well, youā€™re right. Tales of the worgen spread so far, that even the Lich King heard of their strength, and the Wolf Cultā€™s potential. He sent his death princes to Silverpine forest to retrieve Archmage Arugalā€™s body - whoā€™d been killed by the forsaken - and those of several worgen.

[Clegayne] You donā€™t say?

Clegayne rolled his eyes.

But as for the Nightbane and Bloodfangā€¦ we live on in the wild. Not because weā€™re mindless, but because itā€™s better. Better than civilizationā€™s pollution, disease, and poverty. Healthier for us, and for nature. It would be healthier for the world itself if all humans and elves were worgen. That is how strongly we believe, and why we share the curseā€¦ the Purityā€¦ with the worthy.

[Linetabe] There is a balance to it all, just as the humans build their cities on what remains of the wilderness, so too must it fight back through us.

This is true. It would not be the first time the wild has called on us for aid, to deliver justice upon those that pollute its waters or plow its trees.

[Linetabe] Though that would be a sight to see, all humans and Kaldorei bearing the Purity.

Aye. That is the end goal. Free the dreamers, share the gift, and purity the land. That is what we stand for.

Is that something you can get behind, Clegayne?

[Clegayne] Will the blood of those who oppose our creed flow like a never-ending river?

There is no mercy for any who threaten my people.

[Clegayne] My blade is yours to command, master.

Ooookay donā€™t make it weird.

[Linetabe] You have my blades, Alpha.

[Clegayne] Get your own phrases, pup.

Raedolf looked to Linetabe to ask the same, but had his answer before he spoke the question.

[Linetabe] Plural, deathless one.

[Clegayne] How shall we prove our undying loyalty to the pack?

Two rules I will say right nowā€¦ no killing our own people, and no biting the unworthy and unwilling.

[Linetabe] Iā€™ll be sure to use the flat of my blade then and thoroughly vet potential recruits.

Our rite of passage - we call the Righteous Kill - demands you prove your loyalty by killing a human enemy. Of which we have plenty, with the realm of Stormwind right next door.

[Linetabe] Any requirements as to this kill?

I name the target. And if you use your bare hands, Iā€™ll give you a high five.

Clegayne waited patiently for his orders.

Linetabe nodded with a small grunt. No using her weapons, overly large and effective they may be.

I will consult Packleader Marus, see whoā€™s next on his list that needs dead. I will get back to you two with your targets another night.

[Clegayne] Perhaps, in the mean time, we should pay a visit to that gathering in the woods.

Linetabe nodded, popping her neck a bit. "Assuming they are still around.

Clegayne perked his ears up as he stared at Raedolf, awaiting permission to move on the gathered group in the woods.

Raedolf hums in thought. "Are you going with him, Stormclaw?" he ask, looking to the warder.

[Linetabe] A large gathering in armor and weapons near our borders would need to be checked out.

Raedolf frowned, seeming unsettled, but relented and gave a nod. "Fine, but only approach as a pair, and do not start a fight you cannot win."

Linetabe nodded, ā€œDonā€™t worry, Alpha. We got it.ā€

Linetabe went to all fours, digging her claws into the ground and bolting off. She knew exactly where they wereā€¦

2 Likes

Cleaning out my TRP3, but Iā€™d hate to just delete this. So hereā€™s some worgen lore bits.

Read all this and more in Curse of the Worgen.

2 Likes

Upcoming

:diamonds: The Wolf Cult: Newblood, Episode 3 - Tuesday, Dec 3rd, 7pm pst, Westfall
While the pack was distracted by invaders inside the territory, it would seem Moonbrook has found a new master. (d20. Get the Dicemaster addon to use stats.)

:diamonds: Righteous Kill - Thursday, Dec 5th, 7pm pst, Duskwood
Aspirants meet with leadership to learn about the Wolf Cult, and prove their worth with the Righteous Kill. Once complete, they will be found worthy of initiation, and promoted at the next den meeting.

:diamonds: Den Meeting - Friday, Dec 6th, 7pm pst, Duskwood
The pack gathers at the den to recap on recent events, plot their next moves, and plan for the future. Aspirants that have done their Righteous Kill may be initiated. Initiates that have been on a pack hunt may be promoted. Wear your cultiest attire.

2 Likes

The Wolf Cult: Newblood

Episode 3 - Moonbrook and the Rising Tide

Matters have taken an interesting turn. While my pack and I became distracted by invaders inside the territory, it would seem Moonbrook has found a new master.

Two weeks ago, the pack eliminated the Alliance Adventurers occupying the town, intending to take their place as heroes. One week ago, we became distracted with another matter, and another Wolf Cultist was instructed to speak to Moonbrook about the cult and help prepare the willing for initiation. Now with three villagers ready, that Cultist has mysteriously vanished, and my pack has been instructed to return and initiate these aspirants.

I should have known something was amiss upon our arrival. Yet these poor humans of Westfall are known to be a cautious and fearful people, and we are fierce and appearance ourselves. Knowing three aspirants awaited us within, it was decided I, Stirba, and Flameheart would initiate one each, granting them the bite and, thus, the Purity. Those of us with wolf masks dawned them and took to humanā€™s form, including myself, in hopes of appearing friendly yet keeping our human identities unknown. Flameheart and Stirba proudly kept to their true forms to exemplify the power and primal beauty our people possess. And as such we howled as a pack to announce our arrival, entered the town, and found our way to the dilapidated building where the ceremony was to occur.

Within, we found a nervous matron who lead us to the three aspirants; an older woman and two young men. One appeared nervous, yet when I told him to step aside if he was not ready, he assured us he was indeed. I shed the wolfā€™s mask and humanā€™s guise alike as I joined my sisters in true form, and invited the first aspirant to step forward. As she did, I saw that the rest of my pack had joined us in the building, as well as several human villagers. Yet for all I did see, it was Flameheart that first saw the enemies in our midst.

Flameheartā€™s magics and the packā€™s blades and claws were upon them. Humans fled and aspirants cowered, and only then did I make our the three men that remained, if they can be called men. They too shed their human guise, their skin wet and of cold hues as creatures of the sea, cold fingers tipped with claws, and faces that bore masses of tentacles. They appeared almost insultingly calm as they confronted us, proud even, and spoke in a tongue that confused the ears. Yet while my mind could not make sense of the words in the chaos, a sinking feeling and that of my mane standing on end assured me it was better not knowing. While the fiends appeared warded to the magics against them, blades must have broken through. I notice now that not one of my people were harmedā€¦ yet when given a moment, these aqua-men all seemed to focus on Flameheart, who fell to growling as if distracted until the rest of the pack finished off the fiends.

Once the battle settled, we were left to inspect the creatures in the now empty building. Half the pack made for the forest as well, finding it wise to search the surrounding territory and to calm from their enraged states. Others seemed less enraged, and more frightened and conflicted before they too made off to the wilds. While one suggested we burn the building to the ground, I told them otherwise; Moonbrook has already seen us attack three of their own, from what they saw, and arson would only ensure our appearance as terrorists, rather than saviors.

We too fled the town for the comfort of dark forestā€™s embrace, resolving to return another night. And return we shall. For if these ā€œKā€™thirā€, as they are called, have indeed come to walk among the people of Moonbrook, we cannot allow such an infestation to take root.

ā€“ Packlord Redmane

4 Likes

I love that this guild seems very active and passionate about exploring a very unique part of the lore of azeroth!

Reading through, I see that is generally antagonistic towards Malfurion (for good reason!), but Iā€™m curious: what do your members think of Genn Greymane?

What about the alliance in general?

Or what about the Wrynn dynasty of high kings that lead it?

1 Like

Tyffani ā€œFlameheartā€ Ravencraft would regard the question with some thought, ā€œIā€™d say Genn Greymane is a good face for the fellow worgen of Azeroth. He seems to understand the importance of the hunt as well as the importance of keeping up the human facade that makes our allies more comfortable. I however abhor hisā€¦ reluctance to work with the forsaken who would work with the alliance. Working with the Kirin Tor for many years has taught me that all the races of azeroth have the ability and merit to do goodā€¦ and bad, regardless of background. But getting back to Greymane, his ferocity in battle isā€¦ something to seeā€¦ inspiring to say the least.ā€ She nods, crossing her arms in a relaxed way, smiling.

2 Likes

ā€œGreymane is a disgrace to the gift. He bows to the boy-King in Stormwind, allowing the lesser races to rule over his people. When the boy says to jump, Greymane commands his people to obey. The Alliance treats him like the obedient mutt he is. While he may wander off the leash from time to time, his continual submission to the authority of the boy-King disgraces all who lay claim to Gilneas.ā€ - Clegayne Grimhowl, probably

3 Likes

I would really like to join your guild but I need to create a character on wyrmrest accord. Is there a level requirement for joining? I joined the discord but all the chat is read only.

2 Likes

Curious what weā€™re up to? Find us at the guild faire at the Stormwind docks tonight at 7pm!

2 Likes