[A-RP] <The Wolf Cult> moved!

The Wolf Cult has moved! Find us as < Cult of the Wolf > on Moon Guard. For more details, click here. For the new forum thread, see below.

:wolf: The Wolf Cult :wolf:

THE SCYTHE IS OUR SALVATION

The Wolf Cult

The Wolf cult is a werewolf style worgen RP guild, based on the cult from worgen lore. Themes include living and hunting as a pack, shapeshifting to navigate the city, and sharing the curse via bite with willing aspirants. We are a heavy roleplay guild on Wyrmrest Accord, running wild and free in Duskwood since October 30th 2016.

Lore

The Wolf Cult is a secret organization comprised of the Bloodfang and Nightbane packs of worgen. It is seen first in the Gilneas starter zone, and explained in detail in the five part Blizzard comic Curse of the Worgen, and the prequel Dark Riders. While the foolish believe the worgen gift to be a curse, this order believes it is a blessing, and embrace its strengths and the wild. Lead by Alpha Prime - the first worgen - they orchestrated the attack on Gilneas, and make up the sentient worgen you see attacking the city, biting as many as possible. After Primeā€™s death, much of the Wolf Cult has gone into hiding in the woods as the Bloodfang and Nightbane, and our humble group is part of the latter in Duskwood. We embrace the ā€œPurityā€, share with those ready to receive, and shapeshift to reach more of the lost and confused. The goal; to one day take our place as the apex predators of this world.

Structure

Members are required to have Discord and TRP3, be over 18, and be a worgen or want to become one. Rules include act mature and respect players, do not ERP with minors or in the open, and respect and follow lore to the best of your ability. Events are held throughout the week at 7-10pm PST and include a mix of hunts, campaign events, and casual RP.

The fiend of which I write is the Worgen. Old, rural folklore may hearken to these creatures. For what farmerā€™s child has not heard tales of beastly wolf-men stalking the fields and marshes outside his village? And truth may hide in such talesā€“perhaps they are warnings against the Worgen, veiled as myths to frighten us. But before such tales are dismissed, let me now assure the reader: Worgen are real. They may not be from our world, but avenues exist between their home and ours and powerful magic can pull them here. Such chants are best left unuttered. For where ever the Worgen tread, they bring terror and bloodshed with them.
-Book of Ur, World of Warcraft

Information

:scroll: Lore Foundation

The Wolf Cult is based on the order of the same name from worgen lore, described in detail in source material such as Curse of the Worgen, Dark Riders, and ingame quests. The Cult believes the curse is a blessing, calling it ā€œThe Purityā€. Under their leader, Alpha Prime, the cult orchestrated the ā€œoutbreakā€ in Gilneas, and thrives to this day in Duskwood. To learn more about The Wolf Cult and how it can be used in roleplay, and thus as a guild, click here.

:wolf: Canon Worgen

Coming Soon

:house: Structure

The Wolf Cult is a heavy roleplay guild valuing quality over quantity. We adapt canon lore on the Wolf Cult into our guild ranks, rules, and more. Requirements and Rules are in place to ensure quality, and we remain worgen only (with exceptions, see below) to perserve the pack atmosphere.

:calendar: Events

Events are held throughout the week at 7:30-10pm PST and include a variety of hunts, campaign events, and casual RP. For more details on events, click here.

:small_orange_diamond: Hierarchy

Hierarchy is a common theme in both pack cultures and cult organizations. Being both, it is no surprise that The Wolf Cult of World of Warcraft lore involves aspects of initiation, rank progression, and leadership. We see this ingame with various NPCs labeled Initiates or Packleaders, and again throughout the comics, which even depict the Wolf Cultā€™s rites of initiation. With such details available, we have adapted this lore into the structure of the guild. New members will start at the bottom as an Aspirant wishing to join, and will climb rank through various challenges including both guild events and character growth.

:game_die: Style

Our goal is to provide the best worgen pack expirience possible, using the themes and canon lore above to form a tell an engaging story. Most if not all scheduled guild events will be for casual or d20 roleplay, TRP3 is a must, and we love to help brainstorm character ideas.

ā€œThe curse more than heightened our senses. We see things that no normal human can. Some call you Loā€™Gosh, though that they use a Taur-ahe title for you I find ironic. Still, it is but another name for Goldrinn, as we have come to know our patron spirit since our transformation. I saw the aura of that spirit around you the first moment you arrived at the banquet, and even though you gave every indication of crushing our hopes then, I still held out for our chances because I could see his touch upon you as if it were your own skin. . . .ā€
Genn Greymane, Wolfheart

FAQ

Did you used to be on ED?

We were indeed! We began on Emerald Dream, once part of a worgen guild there in 2015. As we learned more about lore, we wished to roleplay canon worgen, not the stereotypical cursed human. Aspiring for something more, myself and five others founded ā€œThe Whitefang Packā€ on October 30th 2016, and moved to greener pastures to Wyrmrest Accord that winter. Once a simple pack under the command of the Cenarion Circle, the pack has endured many hardships and adventures on its way to joining the Wolf Cult in Duskwood a year later.

Do you accept alts?

Alts are accepted! In addition to our member ranks, we have ā€œ(Cultist Alt)ā€ and ā€œ(Council Alt)ā€ for member and officer alts respectively. Once a member has joined, and reaches Initiate rank, they may have as many alts in the guild as they wish. While the main toon must be a worgen, alts may be any race and class.

What level do I have to be to join?

Level one! Our joining ranks are Interested Player, Applicant, and Aspirant. These have no level requirement, and will give access to the guild calendar, events, roster, and discord server.

Have a question? Ask in the comments below!

ā€œAnd you shall know, Halford Ramsey. All will be revealed to you. The truth of the worgen. What they are and where their journeys have taken them. Truth, I say. Not myth or superstition. Only in the wake of these revelations will I ask you to form your own judgements.ā€
-Alpha Prime, Curse of the Worgen Issue 1

Join

Looking for the perfect worgen-only pack environment for your wild soul?

Hunting for a worgen heavyRP guild that sates your hunger?

Lycan what you see?

You are in luck, The Wolf Cult is recruiting! Must have TRP3, an appetite for roleplay, and over 18 to join. If interested, join the discord, message me ingame, or reach me through any of the contact info listed below.

Hungry for worgen roleplay you can sink your teeth into? Click here to join!

The Wolf Cult is recruiting! Add Redmane on discord, or join the guild discord to learn more.

Redmane#1794
https://discord.gg/wk34ZsB

Related Projects

ā€” Related Projects ā€”

Wyrmrest Accord

Worldā€™s End Tavern

Story Forum

• Worgen timeline (Coming soon)
Contact Info

Ingame: Raedolf
Btag: Gryoko#1133
Discord: RedmaneRaedolf#1794

ā€œThe Wolf Cultā€ Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/wk34ZsB
ā€œWolf Cult Eventsā€ Community Discord: https://discord.gg/EuF4BY6

29 Likes

Bump

We will give you something to howl aboutā€¦

1 Like

Super secret leaked Darkwood Pack theme song:

8 Likes

The Wolf Cult is recruiting! :wolf:

<The Wolf Cult> celebrates three years of canon worgen roleplay! Based on the worgen cult from lore, hunt with the pack, live wild and free in Duskwood, and shapeshift to keep your masquerade. (Worgen, TRP3, 18+, PM for more)

What is the Wolf Cult?

<The Wolf cult> is a werewolf style worgen RP guild, based on the order from lore. Themes include living and hunting as a pack, shapeshifting to navigate the city, and sharing the curse via bite with willing aspirants.

Members are required to have Discord and TRP3, be over 18, and be a worgen or want to become one. Rules include act mature and respect players, and respect and follow lore to the best of your ability. Events are held throughout the week at 7-10pm PST and include a mix of hunts, campaign events, and casual RP.

How do I join?

Come join our discord server! Here you will find all the information available about the cult, as well as a peek at our discord channels. We invite you to take a look around and, when you are ready to join, message me and say hi. I like it when people say hi.

Wolf Cult Guild: https://discord.gg/wk34ZsB
Wolf Cult Events: https://discord.gg/EuF4BY6

4 Likes

Raedolf, did you ever run another Worgen themed guild? Your name sounds familiar.

Anyway, Iā€™m looking to get back in the game week after next and will be in need of a fun guild. I play almost exclusively worgen, so I may be able to find one to fit this guild.

Hope things are going well with the guild!

1 Like

Thanks for taking interest Varna! Maybe this forum postā€™s useful after all.

I have indeed. I started RPing Raedolf perhapsā€¦ four years ago? Started in a large worgen guild on ED, then made Whitefang Pack over there. Moved over here to WrA a couple years ago, and Iā€™ve done Wolfheart Pack, Wolfheart Coven, and the Wolf Cult project since then. Took a break in June, and came back around September to try out this werewolf-monsterhunters idea.

Not a lot of info on the post here, or the website (omg. much WIP, such website), but please do ask questions here, or feel free to join the discord while you get things sorted out. Questions here would be most appreciated, actually. Gives me a chance to answer questions others might have too.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I would actually like to ask about this embracing of the worgen curse. One of my favorite characters I ever RPā€™d was a Worgen druid who preached that the Worgen curse was a gift to the Alliance. She was pretty intense. I wonder how a character like that would fit into your guild?

1 Like

Pretty well actually! Raedolf feels the same way, and thereā€™s definitely a lot to say about the perspective. Itā€™s this that would set a pack guild apart from a Gilnean regiment or a druid group, and a style of worgen RP that truly is best done as a pack.

tl;dr: *Raedolf whispers: Awoo*

When I was on ED, Raedolf was the ā€œAfflicted Gilneanā€ type. Yā€™know, worgen formā€™s a trump card kinda deal. Then, I found worgen lore, and Raedolf found Goldrinn, and he/we started embracing that wild side more and more. I started a pack, and was able to take them on d20 hunts on all fours through the wild, like Gennā€™s pack sinking their teeth into boar in the book. Some IC prejudice from other characters in Stormwind - typically worgen and humans - inspired us to keep this in the shadows, and use human form if/when we need to go in the city.

Fast forward to halfway through the Wolfheart Pack story, where the pack ICly joins the Nightbane, an in-game pack who does the same. According to the canon lore, the Nightbane and Bloodfang Pack are part of The Wolf Cult. They are pro-curse, hunt in packs, and (suprisingly) use human form to infiltrate the cities, and to look for new willing aspirants to test, initiate, and ā€œblessā€. That guild story was especially fun, since we were now able to explore Duskwood in an entire different light. As citizens of a thriving community.

Now begins the Darkwood Pack story, inspired by The Witcher and The Witchwood hearthstone xpack. In concept, a pack dedicated to the hunt. The strengths, hightened senses, supernatural resistances, and especially ability to sense auras (Wolfheart pg 267) make the worgen well suited for the job of monsterhunter. A role which brings in the dough, gives the pack a functional disguise as a monsterhunter business, provides conflict and adventure, and makes the worgen curse vital for survival and success. Hard not to appreciate, when itā€™s the reason youā€™re alive.

So, yes, an intense pro-worgen character would definitely fit in well with the pack I have in mind, and Iā€™d love to meet them! The guild storyā€™s not quite there yet, currently just a blossoming monsterhunter group in Kul Tiras, but weā€™re getting there, and we could definately use more passionate worgen characters to drive that story home. A more casual worgen - or even human - can work as well, if theyā€™re up for some character progression over time.

4 Likes

Just updated (more or less re-wrote) the recruitment thread!

On a completely unrelated note, I thought the character limit was 5000. I wonder how far it goes nowā€¦

1 Like

Man, I canā€™t wait to see how awesome we all look running around with the the worgen models :smiley: Itā€™s gonna be epic.

4 Likes

- The Wolf Cult -

Building the Ultimate, Canon, Pack Experience

Shameless bump! The Wolf Cult is actively recruiting, and looking for more interested in the pack style of worgen RP. As of late, we run wild by night, and pose as human monsterhunters in Kul Tiras by day.

Interested, or curious how your worgen might fit? Comment below, or message me on discord at RedmaneRaedolf#1794.

4 Likes

Edited the main post to include our new name, a few updates, and an update on our current roleplay.

3 Likes

If the day every arises when you begin to accept Non-Worgens, please let me know. As a Bounty Hunter/Monster Hunter/Mercenary, knowing this guild exists excites me.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll keep ya in mind. But honestly, the werewolf pack theme comes as the priority. The monsterhunter theme comes secondary, and serves well as a front organization so far.

If ever youā€™re interested in worgen, or earning the bite to become one, weā€™ll be here. :smiley:

1 Like

Great post for the pack, Raedolf! :slight_smile: What is the syntax for getting the Blizzard built-in emojis to be aligned right next to the header text you used in ā€œWorgenā€, ā€œBecome a Worgen,ā€ etc.? I have been messing around with my own post today and the emoji itself would not post when I tried it.

1 Like

Thanks Jac! Still a major work in progress, and just recently refurbished.

Funny you should ask about formatting. I think it was on one of your posts in General that I finally figured out how to center text. Iā€™d been stuck on that one for ages.

:left_speech_bubble: Example

Pretty sure this is how I did it. Gotta do the ###, then the emoji, then the header text.

### :left_speech_bubble: Example

Iā€™ve had to learn how to do both styles of formatting, for all this. Using the asterisk as you would in Discord, and the ###s and asterisk for header sizes. Then of course having to alternate to the html if I want to center something.

5 Likes

This is all looking really good! Keep up the good work. I enjoy the things you post, especially on this guild.

2 Likes

OMG! I had no idea that using # created headers! You just made my life so much easier, thank you. I was using HTML for them and the formats sometimes donā€™t mix well.

Ah yes, it has been quite a journey for me, too! I am among the many early pioneers (still) trying to traverse this strange new website. I have done a lot of asking around, or else questions go unanswered. I think we all kind of build off of each other and our discoveries, I love it though. :slight_smile: Thanks again!

1 Like

If you guys ever find yourselves in Darkshire, The Crowā€™s Crook serves all kinds ;D

You guys sound like our kind of people!

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad to hear it! Are you referring to the Worgen lore Q&A Iā€™ve got going in the story forum? Or something even further back?
šŸ„“ Worgen Lore - Ask me questions!

By the way, Iā€™m struggling to remember if youā€™re the Gnome I think you are. Did you use to sell sausages at the blackmarket event?

Youā€™re welcome! Iā€™m still figuring a lot of stuff out myself, in trial and error, and a whole ****ton of editing. I think Iā€™m up to like 58 edits on the main post there.

The #s to make header sizes, though, I got that from the syntax guide, which Iā€™m sure youā€™ve seen.
New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

Curious, though, that I keep finding different features never discussed in the thread. I believe I read somewhere that the forums is now using a different host company, so Iā€™m beginning to wonder if I might be able to look them up, and find some formatting guides.

4 Likes