[A-RP] <The Wolf Cult> moved!

OMG! I had no idea that using # created headers! You just made my life so much easier, thank you. I was using HTML for them and the formats sometimes don’t mix well.

Ah yes, it has been quite a journey for me, too! I am among the many early pioneers (still) trying to traverse this strange new website. I have done a lot of asking around, or else questions go unanswered. I think we all kind of build off of each other and our discoveries, I love it though. :slight_smile: Thanks again!

1 Like

If you guys ever find yourselves in Darkshire, The Crow’s Crook serves all kinds ;D

You guys sound like our kind of people!

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear it! Are you referring to the Worgen lore Q&A I’ve got going in the story forum? Or something even further back?
🥓 Worgen Lore - Ask me questions!

By the way, I’m struggling to remember if you’re the Gnome I think you are. Did you use to sell sausages at the blackmarket event?

You’re welcome! I’m still figuring a lot of stuff out myself, in trial and error, and a whole ****ton of editing. I think I’m up to like 58 edits on the main post there.

The #s to make header sizes, though, I got that from the syntax guide, which I’m sure you’ve seen.
New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

Curious, though, that I keep finding different features never discussed in the thread. I believe I read somewhere that the forums is now using a different host company, so I’m beginning to wonder if I might be able to look them up, and find some formatting guides.

4 Likes

That sounds familiar! I believe I saw yall open a stall in the “Azeroth business district” discord, but I don’t remember where I might’ve seen much else on it. Or have yall been on the Royal Courier?

2 Likes

Your Worgen lore thread is enjoyable. I also like what you’ve posted up about this Wolf Cult guild. It’s fun stuff. Makes me want to join up.

No, that must have been a different Gnome. I don’t think we’ve ever met IC, but at one time or another we have talked about your guild. I remember a short span when I floated the idea of joining back when you were first organizing The Wolf Cult, but I had too much on my plate at the time.

I am at 180 edits on my thread, ROFL, so I know how you feel. Some of that is due to event updates though. That isn’t even counting the edits done on my story threads on another toon. :roll_eyes:

I totally missed the # headers on New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features! Yes, it doesn’t cover it all, but I discovered syntax too which I posted there. A lot of features remain hidden/undiscovered. Threads transferred over from the old forums unsuccessfully converted to the new formatting, but the syntax inside the posts changed when you’d look to edit — they would just save as a garbled mess. That’s how I learned about some features.

As for the hosting site, I have no idea what it was before, but now it is Discourse.org. A lot of guides on Discourse format came up; most of it is rehashed stuff we already know (and some we know that I didn’t even see on there), and some that might not work, but there might be some gems that prove useful and in a little more detail. :slight_smile:

I didn’t know about small text before which is 6 ######s. I might also have to mess around with image width/height and see if that works.

So sorry to derail your thread with my prattle, I get excited!

1 Like

Okay, yes! I had you on btag for a time, I believe. I pray things are going well for you these days. If you still don’t have the time to join the guild itself, I do have a community discord in the works as well.

“Worgen by Night” is still in its beginning stages, but it’s where I’ll be discussing and organizing my worgen server events. I’ve got the “Purity of Essence” lore-night planned once or twice month, and a few others in planning.

Thanks Jac, I’ll checck these out! And you’re totally fine, we’re still technically talking about the forum post, right?

Plus the forum bumps are doing me good! We have five new peeps in the discord server joining. Which is exciting. :smiley:

5 Likes

:diamonds: Wolf Cult: Homecoming :diamonds:
Episode 8 - Wellbeing

Some screenshots from tonight’s roleplay.

For context, the pack is currently on the run from agents of the Heartsbane Coven, who somehow has followed them even through a portal to Duskwood. Having finally lost them, the pack is now holed up in a cave in east Duskwood. When dark energies are sensed in the cave, the three awake at the time are inspired to cleanse themselves of any residual heartsbane energy, leading them to the Moonwell, a powerful font of purifying Elunic power. Yet thanks to the calming aura of the well, a panicked precaution turns to much needed relaxation.

As a side note, we quite enjoyed this “spa day”, and we’re considering making this a monthly occurrence. The exposure to Elunic water seems quite healthy for worgen mental stability, the occasion inspired some rather relaxed casual roleplay, and the event has the potential to be held in different moonwells and fonts of elunic energy across the globe, such as Hyjal, Moonglade, Tal’doren, and other moonwells.

2 Likes

:diamonds: Wolf Cult: Homecoming :diamonds:
Episode 12 - Fireside Reunion

Tyffani comes running back to the cave after having been in Stormwind and Boralus for a few days, shaking her self off as she gets the edge and under the lip of the cave. A faint sizzling sound can be heard and steam comes off of Tyff’s clothing as she dries herself the fire mage way.

“Did you bring more wood…?” Kits shivers next to the dwindling fire.

Tyff looks up to see Kits more awake than normal, and and smiles somewhat regretfully as she answers, “It’s pouring here… so any wood not in the cave… isn’t going to be dry enough…”

Kits frowns and pulls his robes tighter around himself. “So long as the wind doesn’t pick up again…” He sniffs at the air. “Did you bring food…?”

Raedolf lingers outside the cave, keeping watch. He seems in good shape, though stares into the dark with focus and a serious gaze. A couple of marks have begun to scab on his face, one mark horizontal just under his right eye, the other scabbing through his eyebrow fur. An ear flicks as he hears voices within the cave, and he looks over his shoulder to Kinma.

Kinma glanced up at the sky as the rain splattered against her face and armor before glancing at Rae nodding her head “Hello Rae.”

A large black bird lands on a nearby rock near the mouth of the cave and cocks her head at the familiar faces. Seeing the worgen below, it makes a curious chirping noise.

Raedolf grunts, and offers a nod in greeting to the shapeshifter. “Gooddusk, Kinma.” he grumbles, “Sleep well?” She smiled and nodded “I did thank you. It was not as cold last night for sleeping”

He offers a chuckle. “Tha’s why we sleep at day.” he shrugs. “Though, with gettin’ up earlier in the evenin’ and goin’ t’ sleep later in the mornin’… I’ve had t’ get used to a few night-naps t’ make up for it.”

Kinmara chuckled and shrugged. “Well hopefully the Nightbane come back soon…the wait is killing me…” she sighs, just as the large bird hops to a different rock. It blinks at Raedolf and makes a series of bird calls.

Raedolf stares at the giant black bird perched upon the cave rocks above, and narrows his eyes. “What?” he grunts in question, as if he hadn’t heard right.

The bird makes the same series of bird calls, and shakes, fluffing out her feathers. “Friend. No food. Big.” it caws, in bird. “Nice. Friend” It continues, and makes more bird calls, imitating the worgen below. She turns her floofy attention to Kinma and makes the same series of birdcalls. “Friend. No Food. Big. Nice. Friend.”

Kinma tilted her head, and raised an eyebrow to the other worgen. “What is it Rae?..”
“Remember how tha’ bear, wasn’t a bear?”
“Yeah?..”
“Yeah, this n’s not a bird either. Or… at least… if it is, it’s a real friendly bird.”

Kin turned, and followed Raedolf’s gaze up to the bird, humming then in thought. Raedolf too hums in thought, a discontent low rumbling sound. “Eithah a real smart bird, or a real dumb druid.” Kinmara crossed her arms sighing “Im putting my money on the druid…” She glanced at the bird “How about you come out of bird form?..”

The great avian creature caws once more, and pecks the rock upon which it perched. As feathers shrank and form grew, clothes returned to the shifting form of the druid, fur and fangs growing in soon thereafter. “He’s rude.” the form now replied in Common, standing before them as a worgeness, before promptly shifting, once more, to the familiar form of Astrid, the human woman they knew.

Raedolf snorts in retort, inspiring a hearty chuckle from Kinmara beside him as well. “You got told off by a bird Rae.” he chides, looking between the two.

Raedolf could do naught but sigh, and shake his head, albeit with a smirk of his own. “Tha’s what I get” he sighed, “for bein’… cocky.”

< The Wolf Cult > is recruiting! Worgen pack roleplay, chaotic good/neutral.
Contact me on discord with RedmaneRaedolf#1794, or join the guild discord in the post above.

3 Likes

There are things of this world that shouldn’t be discovered.

1 Like

Raedolf had always said worgen were intended to be creatures of the night. Having been awake by day to speak with the villagers, and now up and waiting at night, drowsiness had begun to set in. An ear flicked as it began, and glowing golden eyes shot open in the darkness as he heard the distant sound. A sound he’d heard many times before, in pack life. Yet, try as he might, he could not seem to discern the howl’s true meaning, as one might with a wolf, or especially a worgen. He felt his head raise, instinct and habit already kicking in and directing him to howl in return. Yet he choked on it, keeping it down, mindful of the triggerhappy village behind him. Instead, he abandoned his hiding spot in the bushes, in favor of pursuing this distant cry. If it was a worgen, perhaps best spoken with away from the town. If it was something else entirely… best to fight it without being seen. He howled not, but ran carefully into the woods to the northeast.

The howl didn’t repeat, and from it silence fell around him. Yet, as he pursued it, he’d instead hear a struggle off in the distant, the crashing of wood, and snapping of bone, before a gutteral roar. And it seemed he was headed in the right direction.

In pursuit of the unnatural howl, Raedolf found himself leaping from the ledge to the metal roof of an outlying cabin, taking this moment to get a good view of the forest, if he could. His eyes pierced the darkness, while his ears kept on alert for any possible sounds within the house. Again, he had been prepared to howl. Yet at the sound of voices beneath his feet, he quickly decided otherwise. He swore, inwardly, at the sheer lack of space on his island, before leaping off the roof, landing on two legs - and bracing himself with an arm - in the forest across the road.

More crashes and the sound of struggle met his enhanced hearing, leaves being kicked around in whatever scuffle that was happening. The scent of coven witchcraft may even begin make itself known, but also the same lupine scent he had encountered at the farm, albeit much less diluted and mixed with swine. On his way, he may even catch sight of paw prints. Large, and bulky, it pressed deeply into the soft earth; only helping to affirm is quarry.

Confident the racket did not seem to be coming his way, he crouched low, pressing onwards under the cover of bushes and low hanging branches. Hairs on the back of his neck stood on end, as the signature Drust chill ran down his spine, his sixth sense alerting him to the unsettling aura permitting from something in the forest. He paused, and thought perhaps to ready a silver bolt instead, when he picked up the distinct lupine scent once more. Golden eyes zeroed in on bits of shed fur caught on bark of a tree, and he looked down, only to step out of a paw print far larger than his own. Eyebrows raised, and he lowered himself further, pressing on unseen. He didn’t have the full picture yet, but, as he stepped through the forest, he would soon enough.

Read more here.

2 Likes

The Wolf Cult is recruiting!

The Wolf Cult is a worgen roleplaying guild on Wyrmrest Accord, based on the secret order of the same name from worgen lore. As Wolf Cultists, we embrace the worgen curse with a passion, and eagerly share this “gift” with others. We run and hunt as a pack as we embrace our feral form, and use human form to walk unseen in the human world. Have what it takes? Join today!

3 Likes

Happy Friday the 13th / Harvest Full Moon Wyrmrest!

https://yubanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/WeatherStory1-3-1.jpg

1 Like

Winds howling, winter is coming. The season of the wolf draws near, and the hunt begins anew.

5 Likes

Super interested!! This sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Got you friended in game and am watching for ya!

1 Like

We’ll be on tonight actually! We have a wild hunt guild event planned for tonight at 7pm pst to celebrate the new models.

Speaking of which, your worgen looks great! I’ve been out at class and work all day, and I can’t wait to get home and see my new Raedolf.

2 Likes

2 Likes

:large_blue_diamond: Witchwood pt 1: Trouble Brews Tuesday Oct 15th, 7pm pst, Duskwood

We will be taking a momentary break from the “Monkshood” campaign to have a mini-arc for Halloween. “Witchwood” parts 1 through 4 will be more heavily horror themed, with themes of undeath, witchcraft, hauntings, and more.

Last night, the pack gathered in Brightwood Grove and spoke of recent events, namely those that proved themselves through blood. Wishing to prepare for a formal promotion ceremony, the pack returns to the long-abandoned den once used by Raedolf’s last pack, only to find the den occupied by an old enemy; the very same Heartsbane abomination that followed Raedolf and his monsterhunters to Duskwood from Drustvar. If haunting memories of the past weren’t enough, Raedolf is seriously injured with his right leg broken by the powerful aberration, with Kinma and Lindalin sustaining minor injuries as well. The construct was inevitably deconstructed piece by piece by the pack while it stood, its remains set to flame as the wounded came to be helped.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630871640439521290/634025016069193779/WoWScrnShot_101519_231101.jpg

Upcoming Events

:large_blue_diamond: Rites of Passage - Wednesday Oct 16th, 7pm pst, Duskwood
Many newbloods have been invited to join the Wolf Cult’s ranks, and the time to make their memberhip official draws near. Aspirants must perform the Righteous Kill. Initiates go on a pack hunt.

:large_blue_diamond: Rites of Passage - Thursday Oct 17th, 7pm pst, Duskwood
Many newbloods have been invited to join the Wolf Cult’s ranks, and the time to make their memberhip official draws near. Aspirants must perform the Righteous Kill. Initiates go on a pack hunt.

:large_blue_diamond: Cult Promotions -Friday Oct 18th, 7pm pst, Duskwood
Join your brothers and sisters at the pack den in the deep territory for a ceremony of new beginnings. The pack honors Goldrinn and Elune in sacrifices of prey or fiend, and the worthy are recognized and rewarded. See the #ranks tab for promotion info.

:large_blue_diamond: Witchwood pt2: Ghost Town -Tuesday Oct 22nd, 7pm pst, Darkshire
In the wake of the Coven’s return, Duskwood appears to have had a rude awakening, the forests now alive with the dead. The ghosttown of Darkshire too stirs, its slain citizens hunting worgen once more.

2 Likes

Congrats to everyone who earned a promotion on Friday!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507628676649582625/634937237670199304/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507628676649582625/634955652686544896/unknown.png

1 Like

The Wolf Cult celebrates two years of werewolf style canon worgen RP this Hallow’s End! Founded on the dark moon of Oct 30th 2017, the pack still thrives and strives to be the best worgen RP expirience on Wyrmest Accord.

Hungry for worgen roleplay you can sink your teeth into? Join the discord below or message me directly to learn more.

Redmane#1794

1 Like