IV. Hierarchy
V. Paths and Trials
VI. Regulations
VII. Recruitment
VIII. The Divise Factor
IX. Applying
X. Contact Information

I. Order Lore [IC]:

The following is spoken by Kaldorei of elder origin, whispers manifesting into the tales of the Shanari and the days long past.

In the ancient times, long before the War of the Ancients, there remained a settlement known as Athalien. The settlement was west of the Well of Eternity, and was governed by a Council of four Highborne and four Kaldorei that brought unity to the city.. On that council, representing the Kaldorei, Moon Priestess Sereneia Wintermoon oversaw the protection of her people and their communion to the Goddess. Beneath her command, the Moon Priestess formed a sacred order known as the Shanari, or “The Starsworn”.

The order was charged with ensuring the safety of Athalien and the eradication of all who sought to do it harm. Beneath the Moon Priestesses’ command, Sereneia appointed four individuals to serve as her Council. Each of the four was given a place on the “Council of the Stars” and gifted with a blade to reflect their leadership over their separate division. For quite some time, the Shanari brought peace and unity to the people of Athalien and were renown by many militia forces across Kalimdor for their dedication and expertise.

Yet, with the heralding of the Burning Legion during the War of the Ancients, the Shanari found its reinforcements decimated in a battle to protect Athalien, rendering the Moon Priestess as all who remained. Sealing away the four blades she had gifted her council in a warded tomb near the outskirts of Athalien, the Moon Priestess vowed to avenge those of the Shanari with her dying breath.

Now, the time has drawn near for the return of the Shanari. With the threats against Azeroth growing each waking moment, the Moon Priestess has vowed to avenge those she lost in the War of the Ancients by resurrecting the unit to safeguard the Kaldorei and all that they hold dear.

II. Background [OOC]:

The Shanari (known in the common tongue as “The Starsworn”) is an elite paramilitary force that serves the Kaldorei by protecting their people, preserving their culture, and ensuring the unity of their kin. Although the paramilitary force operates outside the jurisdiction of the Sentinel Army, the Shanari respects the boundaries of the governmental militia yet does not adhere to their chain of command.

Bred from the former order of the same name prior to the Sundering, the Shanari is a unit ingrained in a rich history of duty and combat. The basis of being from a time far into the past contributes to the immersion of the guild as a whole and leaves a plethora of possible storylines for members to take part in. It is not uncommon to hear whispers of certain clandestine tales of the Shanari, serving to instigate members to be included in the fantasy of the unit’s lore.

The unit is based in the ruins of the once grand settlement of Athalien. Although a non-canonical location, we utilize the Ruins of Isilden in Feralas as a proxy as we attempt to rebuild from the rubble of the lost lands to make Athalien a fortification for our unit’s activities. ICly, Athalien was torn away from the rest of Kalimdor during the Sundering and is located off the coast of Feralas. The settlement serves also as a location for members of the guild to interact in a more casual manner in a location that attributes to the overall concept of the unit.

III. Purpose:

Shanari serves the Kaldorei people primarily, safeguarding their land of Kalimdor and defeating those that wish harm upon them. Yet, the guild is not limited by to the area of Kalimdor as we are dispatched when necessary to aid in the overall defense against greater evils (Burning Legion, Void, etc.).

As an order seated in the times of old, the Shanari places a high value on the traditional nature of the Kaldorei and their culture. With this emphasis, we are seeking those that wish to enthrall themselves into the lore of the Kaldorei and contribute to the development of their characters within this fantasy. Although we adhere to the guidelines set forth by lore, at times we do fill in gaps and also craft new concepts from the foundation of established ones in order to increase immersion and promote creativity.
1 Like
IV. Hierarchy:

Quel’kalar-The High Star
Leader of the Shanari

The Council of Stars
Advisors of the Shanari

Sera’kalar-The Sacred Star
Leader of the Sacred Quarter

Shal’kalar-The Shadow Star
Leader of the Shadow Quarter

Falah’kalar-The Balance Star
Leader of the Balance Quarter

Sin’kalar-The Blood Star
Leader of the Blood Quarter

Sera’shana-Sacred Sworn
Member of the Sacred Quarter

Shal’shana-Shadow Sworn
Member of the Shadow Quarter

Falah’shana- Balance Sworn
Member of the Balance Quarter

Sin’shana- Blood Sworn
Member of the Blood Quarter

Shan’surfal-Honored One
Member Rank

Ishna'surfal-Fated One
Aspirant Rank

Quarters

The Blood Quarter

Hardened by the malice of war and honed by unrelenting determination, those of the Blood Quarter never falter in the wake of combat. With each cut, with each strike, with each hit; those sworn of Blood rise to fell any who oppose them. Frenzied within the confines of battle, those of Blood find their home.

The Sacred Quarter

Devout in their instruction and studious in the expansion of their abilities, those of the Sacred Quarter utilize aspects incomprehensible to most to aid their kin. Whether it be by the Goddesses’ will or by the esoteric mysticism of the Arcane, those sworn of Sacred defy all boundaries of battle. From afar, those of Sacred repel their enemies with a magical offensive or by mending their allies through prayer.

The Shadow Quarter

Unseen through trained motions and lethal by their command of stealth, those of the Shadow Quarter bend the shadows to their will. By any means necessary, the covert actions of those sworn of Shadow draw down enemies within the blink of one’s eye. With methods of concealment and clandestine techniques, those of Shadow slay their opposition in the comfort of the dark.

The Balance Quarter

Dedicated to their connection to the wilds and candor of their communion with the natural world, those of the Balance Quarter call upon the primordial forces of the balance to aid them. Contemplative in every action, those sworn of Balance guard the realm of the lands without hesitance. Through an accord with the powers surrounding them, those of the Balance quell any that seek to harm the harmony of their homes.

V. Paths and Trials:

One of the pinnacle factors in the Shanari’s structure and hierarchy is the intricate nature of our paths and trials. The paths and trials demonstrate that the member is enthusiastic and driven to flourish within our order.

For example, some of the following are paths and trials that the Shanari requires of its members:

Shan’dora [The Honored Truth]- Composed of five trials, Shan’dora is the path in which an aspirant member must take to become a confirmed Shan’surfal.

Dor’dieb [The Eternal Bond]-A single ritual, Dor’dieb is the process in which one confirmed Shan’surfal becomes partnered with another Shan’surfal. This partnership is to increase camaraderie, engage new members further, and to provide deeper bonds between members.

Dath’dormil [The Path Above]-Composed of four trials, Dath’dormil is the path a Shan’surfal must make if they desire to join a specific Quarter. At the end of Dath’dormil, a Shan’surfal will take on the position of being a sworn member of their desired Quarter.

Shana’dormil [The Sworn Path]-Composed of three monthly requirements, Shana’dormil is the path that sworn members of their Quarters must make in order to retain their sworn member status. This path ensures that members are dedicated to retain their rank and to increase immersion through adjoining benefits and specialized activities only for those in Quarters.
VI. Regulations:

The Shanari serves as an inclusive environment or “home” for any and all that wish to join us. Maturity is one of the focal points of our order and we ask that members retain a certain level of it during their time with us. Although there is always a time for shenanigans, we ask to keep in mind that Shanari is a PG-13 guild and that you as a member should adhere to that guideline. The Shanari seeks to be a haven for a wide variety of individuals, one where ideas and thoughts can be shared freely without derision.

As with most guilds, we have a specific set of rules that OOCly we ask our members to adhere to:

1. Ensure that IC and OOC are entirely separate entities
2. Any personal issues should be sent to the officers of the Shanari to be discussed accordingly.
3. As a guild, we ask that members represent themselves in an appropriate fashion symbolic of our order.

VII. Recruitment:

Shanari is looking for active and interested members that wish to contribute to the guild. As a heavy roleplaying guild, we do not ask that you are online for every waking moment (if you are though, kudos to you). Yet, we do ask that you make a priority to attend the events that you can and participate as much as circumstances permit. If you are not able to contribute the amount of time required of a heavy roleplaying guild, we encourage you to perhaps seek a guild with less stringent requirements.

Shanari is Night Elf specific guild, and as such, we are only accepting Night Elf roleplayers. However, we do not accept Demon Hunters and Death Knights.

We are looking for members with a decent grasp of Kaldorei lore, however, it is not necessary. Those that have the enthusiasm and drive to learn more about the lore while engaging with other members are equally welcomed within our ranks.

Lastly, the Shanari is ICly a structured paramilitary force and those wishing to join should be aware that ICly we follow a strict chain of command to mirror a realistic militia unit. Those that are willing to follow the hierarchy of the guild and earn their position in the order through participation are encouraged to apply.

VIII. The Divisive Factor:

What sets Shanari apart from all the other Kaldorei guilds?

Glad you asked! Shanari ultimately wants to bring the Kaldorei empire back and ensure that the Kaldorei as a society are superior in every way, shape, for-. Oh. I’ll save that bit for another time I suppose.

Shanari provides a concept with roots in the lore of the past, allowing the ability for storyline arcs, character development, and the overall direction of the unit to unfold into a rich and intricate history that each member will be involved in.

The guild itself has detailed paths, trials, and traditions that are fleshed out akin to an actual militaristic order which provides members to become immersed into the specific activities of the Shanari.

Lastly, our guild’s concept attempts to bring back the ferocity and tenacity of the Kaldorei which many attribute to WCIII. The image which we seek to represent is the elite and disciplined nature of the Kaldorei people. With the upcoming information regarding the new expansion, Shanari seeks to rekindle the flame of the Kaldorei and their primal nature.

IX. Applying:

To apply to the guild, you must complete an application on our website, receive an IC interview to the guild, and pass an IC examination on the Shanari’s lore.

Our application serves to record a member’s entry into the guild and to solidify any issues that may present themselves.

The IC interview may be a direct consultation between an officer and the aspiring recruit or it may be the inclusion of an aspiring recruit to one of the order’s events.

The IC examination is conducted between an officer and an aspiring member. The examination is based upon the Shanari’s lore located on our website. The passing of the examination demonstrates that an individual is dedicated to joining our ranks.

X. Contact Information:

IG Contact: Sereneia
Btag: Sereneia#1761

XI. Notes:

Currently, our website is still heavily under development!

Also, the guild will remain OOC until the end of the week while we work on recruitment and getting everything else off the ground!
Reserved
11/06/2017 04:51 PMPosted by Sereneia
However, we do not accept Demon Hunters and Death Knights.

http://tinyurl.com/y7kdafw6
New Night Elf guild! Woo! Excited to see these guys grow. :)
We'll be IC by Friday!

Still recruiting purple eared friends to join the fold!
I'm very interested! Hope to see you guys around!
I've spoken briefly with Sereneia online, and I'm really looking forward to interacting with all of you. Great concept. I love Kaldorei RP!
The world could always use more badass Kaldorei!

It'll be fun to see where this is going :D
Interesting concepts for a guild. I'm not sure I'd be active enough on my noof to be a member, but I wish you all the best.
Very much looking forward to the progression of things
This looks like a fantastic concept – I’ll definitely be popping in an application over the next few days!

I know that Kaldorei guilds frequently tend to fill up with Priestesses of Elune. In the interests of not stepping on any toes, are there any existing Priestesses of Elune in the guild who might be interested in mentoring a Novice Priestess of the Moon as an apprentice ICly?
11/10/2017 07:06 AMPosted by Lunthistle
This looks like a fantastic concept – I’ll definitely be popping in an application over the next few days!

I know that Kaldorei guilds frequently tend to fill up with Priestesses of Elune. In the interests of not stepping on any toes, are there any existing Priestesses of Elune in the guild who might be interested in mentoring a Novice Priestess of the Moon as an apprentice ICly?

Hello and I'll certainly look forward to receiving your app!

As for existing Priestesses of Elune, we have a few within our ranks. Our dynamic heavily involves individual character progression and with your character being a novice, we would definitely have those willing to take your character as an apprentice to foster that interaction.
This reminds me a lot of <Order of Malorne> from Cata/MOP days — which is a good thing.
11/10/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Sereneia
11/10/2017 07:06 AMPosted by Lunthistle

Hello and I'll certainly look forward to receiving your app!

As for existing Priestesses of Elune, we have a few within our ranks. Our dynamic heavily involves individual character progression and with your character being a novice, we would definitely have those willing to take your character as an apprentice to foster that interaction.

Or a Priest of Elune, just for something different. :)
11/10/2017 12:13 PMPosted by Arikh
This reminds me a lot of <Order of Malorne> from Cata/MOP days — which is a good thing.

Do you remember a Rivenfael from OoM? It’s possible I didn’t bring her over to Moon Guard and that guild, but I did play a male Kaldorei named Selcar around the time that guild was active! OoM was awesome!
We've been conducting IC interview this past weekend and will be having our first event/opening ceremony of the Shanari next Saturday!

We've also set our base temporarily at the IC location of Glaivespyre Outpost which is OOCly Feathermoon Stronghold in Feralas. So if you're in the area, come say hello!
If I weren't busy running my own guild I'd def throw my night elf in with you guys ;_;

But perhaps we can spark into a collab! :D
11/12/2017 03:13 PMPosted by Nadeen
If I weren't busy running my own guild I'd def throw my night elf in with you guys ;_;

But perhaps we can spark into a collab! :D

Possibly! Message me in-game or through discord and we can discuss something!