Guild merged

Guild merging!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to get this up and running; it’s going to be a fun time. :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Everyone go join this guild <3 The GM is great and she put an immense of time and effort into this guild.

How did you format your post all pretty and stuff?

1 Like

So glad you asked! I followed this guide, as well as used HTML syntax.

I grabbed emojis online, stuff like rosarie and rose and I have an old tumblr page I bookmarked for the not-colorful emojis.
https://jaffagazanian.tumblr.com/post/5528389956/cool-characters-symbols

Centering/Left/Right alignment (the left tag is usually used if you are wrapping something and to reduce redundancy of a center or right align tag, you slap that bad boy in there)
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="left"></div>
<div align="right"></div>

And I triple quoted and used the header h1/h2/3 tags
> >> >>> (each > represents a quote so you can keep quoting something)
<h1></h1> (and you do this for 2 and 3)
# also represents text size, so you can do # for h1 ## for h2 and ### for h3

A very fascinating concept and extremely well written post. I’ll be certainly looking into this on one of my characters.

1 Like

I’m considering server transfers and this post intrigued me - but (as a clueless n00b) what exactly is the “bad Scarlet RP” and “that kind of Scarlet RPer” and “other Scarlet guilds” people refer to?

On non-RP, PVP-focused servers, I often see Scarlet Crusaders in BGs but the interaction is just friendly camaraderie to purge the Horde. (And Sylvannas’ actions in Teldrassil certainly give some “I told you so” cred).

I never thought of Bob Ross & Mr. Rogers with the Scarlet Crusade. :sweat_smile:

By High Elves, I suspect Void Elves (downplaying/hiding the Void stuff - or playing-up the Shadow-spec stuff the Scarlet Onslaught npcs featured)?

So Scarlet RP, over the years, has had the misfortune of OOC racism and bigotry bleed into the IC. When I say “bad Scarlet RP” I don’t necessarily mean the RP is bad of itself, but the atmosphere it inspires and the toxic personalities that flourish under the guise of “that’s just my character.” So when I add in “that kind of Scarlet RPer” it’s to let everyone know I am aware this type of RP attracts a certain kind of person. That certain kind of person that often bleeds OOC into IC and uses the Scarlet’s recent history- the animosity toward anyone that is not human- as a means to be this way IC, because a lot of times they are that way OOC. They tend to project themselves into their characters. While this is not entirely common, it was prevalent in the leadership for a few years and left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth.

If it is just a PvP server, they often are not RPers and so they are just being friendly human beings with their transmogs.

Bob Ross and Mr. Rogers are the seemingly most morally good people I could think of at the time.

And no, I definitely mean high elves. High elves are still in the Alliance, although their numbers are few. I do not think a void elf would come anywhere near a holy order given their circumstance. Nor can the void be purged from them easily. If you are wondering how that is possible to RP a high elf in-game, people use the Orb of the Sin’dorei and have human characters, or they make void elves and wear hoods/do the same with the Orb of the Sin’dorei and find the most neutral of skin/hair combos because you already have the blue eyes.

The possibilities of RP are endless in this game :slight_smile:

I didn’t literally mean Void Elves - but you deduced my idea (ie, using a Void Elf model that passes for High Elf… and then playing dress-up + Orb so it looks like a High Elf model).

• A random tangent I’ll admit since I usually Scarlet as a Human. :sweat_smile: Was just curious how you RP high elves tho.

Good to know about Scarlet RP. I’ve seen gallows-humor and friendly animosity/competition, but wasn’t aware folks mixed IC and OOC in that way. Thanks a bunch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem! And yeah, myself included on the high elf train when I had one. I ended up just playing my blood elves after a time lol