⚓ [A-RP/PvE] <The Kul Tiran Commonwealth> recruiting for heroic raiding

Hey, I know these guys! They aren't half bad, even if they don't like us Mainlanders!
10/23/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Verdy
Hey, I know these guys! They aren't half bad, even if they don't like us Mainlanders!

Our favorite dirt mage gets to be an exception.

(Sometimes)
One day I'll be an honorary Kul Tiran!

I just have to be almost killed by y'all five more times, right?
10/28/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Verdy
One day I'll be an honorary Kul Tiran!

I just have to be almost killed by y'all five more times, right?

To be clear to any wandering eyes, we don't go randomly hunting down Mainlanders. Apparently K'thir, Coven & all manner of beasties have a thing for Dirt mages.
A question for @Hauserman, because I'm thinking of racechanging my LF Paladin to a human.
Do you play yourself as a paladin ICly, or do you completely disregard the class?
I'm not exactly the most well-versed with Kul Tiran lore (yet) so I don't even know whether or not they have paladins.
Might level a death knight like you suggested and make a tideknight.
10/29/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Dakama
A question for @Hauserman, because I'm thinking of racechanging my LF Paladin to a human.
Do you play yourself as a paladin ICly, or do you completely disregard the class?
I'm not exactly the most well-versed with Kul Tiran lore (yet) so I don't even know whether or not they have paladins.
Might level a death knight like you suggested and make a tideknight.

Hauserman is a former Tideknight/Tideguard which is how i explain his ability to heal and do other such things. I basically completely disregard my class title (Many of our members do the same). Most of our mages & priests refer to themselves as Tidesages, though we do have one actual mage in the guild.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning it can go either way though. There are light worshippers in Kul Tiras, there's evidence of that everywhere. It's just eclipsed by the presence of Tideworship
10/29/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Hauserman

EDIT: It's worth mentioning it can go either way though. There are light worshippers in Kul Tiras, there's evidence of that everywhere. It's just eclipsed by the presence of Tideworship

I thought it was interesting that there's very little mention of the Tidesages in Drustvar, and that there's more mention of the Light in that zone. If you look closely at the Tome of Silver and Ash which is where the Inquisitors get their knowledge on how to combat Witchcraft, the symbology is similar to what is normally associated with the Order of the Silver Hand.

There were also more than a few Paladins fighting alongside Daelin Proudmoore in Theramore when he died. He was classed as a "Hydromancer" in Warcraft 3 and had many spells and abilities that are analogous to what we see Tidesages do now in BFA, so there's some evidence of Light worshipers fighting alongside practitioners of Tidesage magic.

I'm thinking that Kul Tiras, while leaning more heavily towards the religion of the Tidesages, still has a decent sized minority of light worshipers.
10/31/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Nearo
10/29/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Hauserman

I thought it was interesting that there's very little mention of the Tidesages in Drustvar, and that there's more mention of the Light in that zone. If you look closely at the Tome of Silver and Ash which is where the Inquisitors get their knowledge on how to combat Witchcraft, the symbology is similar to what is normally associated with the Order of the Silver Hand.

There were also more than a few Paladins fighting alongside Daelin Proudmoore in Theramore when he died. He was classed as a "Hydromancer" in Warcraft 3 and had many spells and abilities that are analogous to what we see Tidesages do now in BFA, so there's some evidence of Light worshipers fighting alongside practitioners of Tidesage magic.

I'm thinking that Kul Tiras, while leaning more heavily towards the religion of the Tidesages, still has a decent sized minority of light worshipers.

Yeah more or less, we've been more lenient on people RPing Kul Tiran Paladins and the like as a result etc. Speaking of which how're things going over on your server fellow Kul Tiran friends?
The Drust'll be crying Kul Tirs once we're through with them.

Take a stand, join the campaign!
Witch Hunting, Drust Slaying and more, honestly have not been apart of a Guild that had such Immersive story telling and rp events then these guys. Still looking forward to smashing a couple witches in Drustvar!
There are a heck of a lot of talented and creative RPers in this guild. I'm impressed every time I engage, and I haven't even seen the bulk of it.
The time is now to declare yourself for Kul Tiras! The Tidemother wills it.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288365/kul-tiran-allied-race-available-classes-and-racial-abilities

Brush It Off: Increase Versatility and regenerate a portion of damage taken.
Child of the Sea: Hold your breath longer and swim faster.
Haymaker: Haul off and punch an enemy, stunning and knocking them back.
Jack of All Trades: Increases skill in every tradeskill.
Rime of the Ancient Mariner: Reduces Frost and Nature damage taken.

Confirmed Classes:
Druid
Hunter
Monk
Priest
Rogue
Shaman
Warrior
11/02/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Hauserman

Confirmed Classes:
Druid
Hunter
Monk
Priest
Rogue
Shaman
Warrior

Blizzard, add mages. Please and thank you.
They got shamans which was the class i wanted but having no mages makes very little sense considering Jaina, Tidesages and the fact there's a literal glyph that changes the mage water elemental to a tide elemental.
In terms of PvE, we're doing very well.

We collectively ran more than 20 Mythic dungeons in the last two days, helping our DPS and some new tank friends get geared.

Our Uldir raids are not hard-core progression raids, but they are fun and productive. Just between you and me, there may be an attempt at a particularly mechanical Mythic Uldir boss this week - just to do a bit of gaging. Not bad for a mainly RP guild filled with a bunch of literal Salty Bois and Grills with a tendency to turn up their noses at outsiders.

I, personally, would really love to see more healers in the guild. Healers that are willing to be flex-y, gearing up more than one spec, would make my big, elvish heart pitter and pat. ❤️
Hauserman, I think I ran into you the other night! Our brief interaction put a smile on my face.

Is it alright to him your discord to poke around before I decide to apply? I've got a Kul Tiran monk (might one day become a shaman) that might fit!
11/06/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Fairwen
Hauserman, I think I ran into you the other night! Our brief interaction put a smile on my face.

Is it alright to him your discord to poke around before I decide to apply? I've got a Kul Tiran monk (might one day become a shaman) that might fit!

Sure that sounds good! you can reach us through any of the channels we have up on the first post. I think our discord is on there too.

https://discord.gg/2VS4WEW
For an RP guild at the Core these guys are the best Casual Raiders I have been apart of. Very helpful and understanding and they make Raiding fun and enjoyable. We started Heroic Uldir a couple weeks back and it's been an amazing feat for me. They have helped me gear and understand my spec and class a bit more. Role-play, Raiding, Dungeons they do it all!
your favorite forest troll is back

you lads still accepting/looking for tidesages, trying to decide whether or not to racechange my lightforged priest
11/06/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Dakama
your favorite forest troll is back

you lads still accepting/looking for tidesages, trying to decide whether or not to racechange my lightforged priest

Yep we still are! you can park your lightforged in our guild until Kul Tiran humans unlock if you want (or you can just use the default human) either or.