⚓ [A-RP/PvE] <The Kul Tiran Commonwealth> recruiting for heroic raiding

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

O' children of the sea, have you forgotten our past? When we first heard the whispers of the Mother. With her guidance we came to these destined shores from where we would command the Great Sea.

O' children of the sea, have you forgotten our Gods? The old ones who guided our people to prosperity. Do you remember the Great Wolf who stood beside us in the dark times; The White Stag that watched over us from the heart of the forest; The Tidemother who guided our people then and now.

O' children of the sea, have you forgotten the waves? idle feet upon the land when you were made for the sway of the waves. Woe to the foolish knaves who'd meet you out upon the Great Sea.

O' children of the sea, have you forgotten your people? Here we stand defiantly against our aggressors, fire and brimstone shan't move us from our berth. And if we should draw our last breathe, let it be on our beloved Isle.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Background
The Kul Tiran Commonwealth formerly known as the Kul Tiran Admiralty was formed during mid legion expansion. Though most of us have been playing since Wrath of the Lich King on Wyrmrest Accord. What started as a military branch of Kul Tiras has since expanded to being a kingdom/nation guild. We've also found success in PvE content and maintain a heroic raid group.

Contacts:
  • (PvE) Jëssïë - Discord: Spaceman Spiff#0001
  • (PvE) Baihuai - Discord: SleekHare#8774
  • Tautstring
  • Bethanny

Overview:
  • RP: We host a variety of different RP events from roll to freeform. Expect mature/dark themes occasionally. We consider ourselves a Kingdom/Hub style RP guild
  • PvE: Active in M+ and Heroic Raiding (building for Mythic Raiding) our raid times are:
    • Tuesday 6:00PM - 9:00PM Pacific (California or WrA Server Time)
    • Wednesday 6:00PM - 9:00PM Pacific (California or WrA Server Time)
  • PvP: Little bit of everything Wpvp etc
  • Social: Building a community is important to our guild. Our discord actively has activities like movie/variety nights.
  • Race: We accept all races required they tie in to Kul Tiras
  • OOC Membership: We accept OOC members for people seeking other types of content.

How to reach us:
  • Reach someone on the contact list above
  • Make a post in this thread, we check it daily.
  • Join our Discord and post in #new-arrivals
  • discord.gg/2VS4WEW

I. PVE/RAIDING INFORMATION

Patch 8.1: 9/9H 2/2H
Patch 8.2:

Currently our guild only pushes Heroic level content but we're making active efforts to get into mythic raiding. We want to keep our raid environment friendly and welcoming even if we push more difficult content. What we'd like out of people is to:
  • Be proactive about improving.
  • Be friendly & constructive
  • Be consistent
  • Be attentive

Schedule:
    Tuesday 6:00 to 9:00PM Pacific (GMT-8, WrA Server Time)
    Wednesday 6:00 to 9:00PM Pacific (GMT-8, WrA Server Time)

We need:
(DPS):
    ++++ Ele Shamans
    ++++ Boomkins
    +++ Shadow Priest
    ++ Windwaker Monk
    Retribution Paladin

(HEALS):
    +++ Mistweaver Monk
    ++ Resto Shaman
    Holy Paladin

NOTE: Skilled individuals will always be taken into consideration. Ability to flex to different roles is always a plus

II. RP/LORE INFORMATION

The Kul Tiran Commonwealth encompasses all of Kul Tiras and her overseas territories (Theramore, Kalimdor outposts & partially Tol Barad) and all the citizens living within them. We are a nation of the lawful and lawless from dock workers; The elusive cult of Thornspeakers hidden deep in the forests of Drustvar; The venerable Tidesages of Stormsong who guide our people; to the aristocracy of Upton Borough. Our aim is to foster a variety of RP across Kul Tiras whilst making progression through PvE content.

Characters which would be good fits:
  • Kul Tiran Citizens
  • A nation is its people, Traders, Merchants, Farmers, Shipbuilders and more.
  • Awoken Tidesages/guards
  • Servants of the tide whom have resisted the voice of the k'thir and the Stormsong insurgents. Their faction in game is referred to as Storm's Wake with Brother Pike as their current leader (Presumably).
  • Thornspeakers
  • The Thornspeakers were pivotal in the defense of early colonial Kul Tiras and continue to be active deep within the forests of drustvar.
  • Order of Embers
  • the revived organization that once safeguarded Drustvar from the demons who dwell deep in her forests.
  • Kul Tiran Military
  • from the Kul Tiran Marines down to the City Guards. They are the stalwart defenders of our shores.
  • Nonhumans
  • Gnomes and dwarves have integrated well into Kul Tiran society owning both land and businesses. Gilneas and Kul Tiras share strong cultural ties with one another the latter being a Gilnean Maritime Colony for nearly half its recorded history.

8 Likes

III. Uniforms

On-duty military personnel are expected to wear a full set of Kul Tiran themed gear. You'll most likely have gotten a decent set from just leveling to max or if you've done dungeons. We're open to interpretation as long as your uniform clearly is tied to the Admiralty, generally overly glowy xmogs are discouraged.

On-duty personnel are to use Horse mounts, any will do. They should ideally not be too glowy or be appear blatantly tied to any faction other than Kul Tiras (Blue/Gold alliance mounts don't count). Off-duty members are free to wear and ride whatever they please!

Here are some uniform few examples:
[Plate]
Guard Outfit (Comes in 3 color variants)
https://www.wowhead.com/outfit=114603/kultiran-guardsman

Dungeon Gear (Comes in 3 color variants)
https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=2837/kul-tiras-dungeon-plate-normal-recolor

[Mail]

[Leather]
Darkwater Set (Comes in 3 color variants)
https://www.wowhead.com/outfit=128017/kul-tiran

[Cloth]
Tidesage Set (Comes in 3 color variants)
https://www.wowhead.com/outfit=118358/ocean-mage
1 Like
╭╮
╰‿◠'~⚓ VI. Reserved ⚓~'◠‿╯
1 Like
(RESERVED)
(RESERVED)
Interesting guild, been wondering when we will be getting a Kul Tiras theme guild.
08/22/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Hovenden
Interesting guild, been wondering when we will be getting a Kul Tiras theme guild.

There's usually one or two taverns open each night, here's an INV to the Server RP Community for Boralus. We wanted to be more of a Hub-nation style guild but it's basically turned into a City guard guild.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/invite/lAWmPYXu7VP?region=US&faction=Alliance
Far as the mounts go: Seabraid Stallion is recommended if you have it (that's the collector's edition mount so it's most certainly NOT required). However, any non-glow alliance horse will do (the armored ones are preferred but not required). Also, this mount restriction ONLY applies to on-duty guards; civilians and off-duty guards are exempt.
And the uniform for guards is basically the new Kul Tiran plate set. There are a few different variations of this set so get with me or anyone on the contact list for more info. If you are too low level to access the items for this transmog, or are not a plate wearer then don't worry, we will work with you. Such uniforms again are required only for on-duty guards.
Civilian ranks have been removed and replaced with something which is more cohesive with the guild. Also because we didn't know nearly enough about Kul Tiran lore and the past few days we've been really sinking our teeth into it.
I still have my fingers crossed for Kul Tiran paladins even though it's a slim chance.
Best of luck with the Kul Tiras themed guild! I was wondering when one would pop up on WRA. I know there's one on MG along with a couple of newer ones on there... and my guild is on ED (formerly Maelstrom) is probably the oldest Kul Tiras themed guild in WoW (goes back to pre-vanilla Beta).

08/28/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Krisea
I still have my fingers crossed for Kul Tiran paladins even though it's a slim chance.

I think it's a 50/50 at this point. There seems to be quite a few instances of the Light being mentioned throughout Drustvar and several Paladins were part of Lord Admiral Daelin Proudmoore's elite guard when he was killed in Theramore, so I'm hopeful as i really want to race change this guy to Kul Tiran :)
1 Like
08/29/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Nearo
Best of luck with the Kul Tiras themed guild! I was wondering when one would pop up on WRA. I know there's one on MG along with a couple of newer ones on there...

When we hit max level first thing we did was ask in the RP community about joining a Kul Tiran themed guild and we were very surprised there was none basically. We thought one would've popped up way before the expansion hit since we knew well ahead of time we'd be going to Kul Tiras. What we have on WrA are lots of rogue/criminal guilds though, could definetly use more marines over here.
Seems like a cool guild!
08/29/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Häuserman
What we have on WrA are lots of rogue/criminal guilds though, could definetly use more marines over here.

Sounds like delicious story collaboration just waiting to happen.
Bunch of marines eh? Do y’all like crayons?

Jokes aside, I run a Pirate crew hordeside, currently residing in Freehold after attacking Vigil Hill and Bridgeport, losing our ship in the process. Perhaps we can collaborate together for future RP and RPPvP
1 Like
08/30/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Gobbwrench
Bunch of marines eh? Do y’all like crayons?

Jokes aside, I run a Pirate crew hordeside, currently residing in Freehold after attacking Vigil Hill and Bridgeport, losing our ship in the process. Perhaps we can collaborate together for future RP and RPPvP

That sounds like fun, i need to pick up that cross-faction RP tool but haven't gotten around to it yet. We just recruited a Kul Tiran Privateer Captain as it turns out too.
08/30/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Häuserman

That sounds like fun, i need to pick up that cross-faction RP tool but haven't gotten around to it yet. We just recruited a Kul Tiran Privateer Captain as it turns out too.

We've experimented with it (we have an Alliance and a Horde charter) and it's kinda hit & miss. Have not seen an update for it in some time, but I think some of the bugs have to do with it's compatibility (or lack thereof) with TRP3.
08/31/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Nearo
08/30/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Häuserman

We've experimented with it (we have an Alliance and a Horde charter) and it's kinda hit & miss. Have not seen an update for it in some time, but I think some of the bugs have to do with it's compatibility (or lack thereof) with TRP3.

Hopefully they work the kinks out on it, reliable cross-faction RP in game can open a ton of doors for interesting plots.
Gotta say, this looks pretty darn interesting.

Best of luck to all you Kul'Tirans, and welcome to the Alliance! (As much as you neutral boys can be welcome~.)