[A-RP] <The Fifth Fleet> of Kul Tiras wants you!

Nullified.

1 Like

Bump for an epic guild!

2 Likes

LONG LIVE KUL TIRAS Screams

2 Likes

I’m interested in tidesage lore, but I know its kept rather vague ingame so lots of headcannon is needed to flesh things out.

According to the tidesages in , is there a heirarchy of clergy and a pope-like figure the way most real life religions have? And what are the characteristics of the “tidemother” and what does she generally expect her followers to do?

Hi there! Thanks for your question.

As one of the Tidesages in the guild, I can confirm that there are a variety of interpretations. As you said, there is a lot of headcanon which means that you have a bit of room to play your Tidesage how you’d like. However, what we can tell in lore is that Tidesages are a monastic order. It seems to follow a traditional European structure, which is generally Brother/Sister, Abbot, Bishop (etc.). There aren’t as many “ranks” in a monastery such as Vicar, Cardinal, etc. And Bishop is usually the Bishop of a region (like say, Bohemia or whatever), not of the monastery.

So to bring it into Tidesages, an abbot would probably just be a senior brother/sister who runs a monastery (like Sagehold, Stormsong Monastery etc), and the Bishop/Pope would be the ruling Tidesage Council and the Lord Stormsong.

Now from what I can tell there isn’t any examples of ‘ordination’ like in traditional clergy. So our Sages won’t ever become Mother/Father. Plus, Tidesages are actually pretty localised, probably assigned to either a ship or a town/city. So that is also something to consider (though plenty are also cloistered in a monastery).

As for the Tidemother I personally like to keep it vague. However, my character tends to take a more orthodox/darker interpetation in that the seas are a cruel, powerful thing. It’s not a relationship of equal return, but submission to the seas. In return for loyalty, the Tidemother treats her follows well by providing fish, rain, guidance etc. Those who do not do well in her eyes are swallowed by the sea (storms, drought etc).

On the other hand, some of my wonderful guild companions take a more benevolent approach so there’s lots of room to have differing interpretations, like you would see in any real-life religion.

I would be happy to show you my Codex of Rites in the future if you would like an idea on how I perform rites.

3 Likes

Wow, you’ve clearly put a lot of thought into this, thank you for the answer!

Sure, I’d like that! When is the next guild event?

3 Likes

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Lad ya cure that case of scurvy I heard aboot?

1 Like

Our next monthly barbecue’s coming up next Friday! Pretty excited to break the mold of training and deployments and have some nice RP fun with everyone. If anyone’s interested in joining us, don’t be afraid to reach out! We open the barbecue up to the general public.* :grinning:

*Unless you’re a pirate of course :wink:

2 Likes

:motor_boat: BY THA’ TITANS I SAY TA’ THA’ TOP WITH THIS THREAD! :motor_boat:

No pirates allowed.

1 Like

Mmmm……do I smell tauren burgers…

1 Like

Nullified.

2 Likes

Join the Kul Tiran Fifth Fleet! We stay crunchy! Even in Seawater!

Crunchy munchy lunchy

Hello! I have a rogue who I play as a sailor from Kul Tiras and I’m wondering where you normally host the barbecue? I’d love to have her swing by!

Nullified.

We sail the ocean blue,

and our Saucy ship’s a beauty.

We are sober men and true,

and attentive to our duty.

Nullified.

1 Like

Sending requests now for more info!