[A-RP] <The Eventide Contingency>

"The darkness will always surround, but it is us who decides how we allow such an existence."

"Those fools of the Light and Fel, will always seek to keep us at bay, until they themselves burn out. A sad existence."

"Ignorant mortals continue to scurry above, knowing they play into our hands: For even as they skim the surface, Our influence expands under their very feet with every passing day."

The whispers of the shadows became ever-difficult to distinguish from the twilight's own thoughts, however his logic remained steadfast, a method to his madness as he still could isolate his own thoughts, desires, and goals to be fulfilled within the storm that raged throughout his mind and body, seeking a control that would not be given.

In what should have been considered a blink of an eye for immortals, or perhaps a day for ancient kin, too much had occurred within the mere years of recent history. Lives were made, others ended, and yet still at least a single notable presence clung to the very world. A presence that, in part, provided the male with a significant amount of his identity. One that seemed to have become... forgotten.

------------------------------

Greetings, one and all! After an extensive break from WoW, I've returned! I know I've recently made a "I'm back" post, but this is to extend beyond such a thing. With this, I plan to bring back <The Eventide Contingency>, and all of its cult-y fun!

Who are you? (OOC)
The Eventide Contingency is a small-ish evil-aligned RP guild, focused as remnants of the Twilight’s Hammer that seeks even loftier goals than ever before. We aim to offer ourselves as villains for guild-to-guild conflict, general puntings of marmots, and frequent guild events to either progress the guild storyline or have fun bein’ bad!

Who are you? (IC)
The Eventide Contingency is Stax’s ‘last resort’ for the Twilight’s Hammer cult, or what's left of it. Once a source of immense internal conflict within, he seeks now to align the remnant of the cult's interest with his own, downplaying some of the extreme zealotry of mindless fanatics in favor of more level-headed and strategic encounters.

Seeking to use truly anything at his disposal, the 'council' has desperate need of new bodies and fresh minds: Regardless of if their sanity holds after gazing into the abyss, or they've lost everything and seek to become a harbinger of the end times.

What makes your guild different?
This guild, while evil-based, is to accommodate the wide spectrum of roleplaying styles, from the easily shallow 'saturday morning cartoon villain' role, to the deeper masterminded techniques that can create compelling and exciting roleplay.

'Nox' is thoroughly focused on trying to both repair and build his organization, as well as maintain it - Resulting in methods that, while undeniably pushing towards his own dark and evil ends, still should appeal to a slightly wider audience. Whether a veteran villain, or someone who would like to try to walk a mile in the shadows, our evil-rehabilitation centres are open!

So does this mean you allow good and neutral-aligned characters?
We’ll allow you to try out inserting your super-cheery-goody-goody priest, but if it turns out your character just won’t fit in… well… I can’t say I’m responsible for what happens to you(r character)!

How does my character learn about you guys? You’re lowkey a cult guild, so it’s not exactly common knowledge, right?
Ah, but the messages have been sent throughout the underworld, one messenger at a time! If your character is related to the Twilight’s Hammer in any way (such as being a part of it, or having a close connection in it), then it is entirely possible for your character to be aware of the old Eventide Contingency to be resurfacing, persistent in its inability to stay down for good, compared to other collectives.

Beyond the cult itself, various members have spread their influence and tendrils thin trying to coax interest through their activities and hobbies, rather than just trying to bring-in-the-baddies. Nox, for instance, is obsessed with recovering magical items and hoarding them, and has been known to pay exorbitant prices for them.

Do you guys have a raid team?
No, and I have no current plans to make one.

Do you guys have a PvP team?
No, and I have no current plans to make one.

So how do I get in?
Simply message one of the officers/leaders for an IC interview!

Can my friend(s) join?
Quite possibly so! We have a specified “OOC” rank designated for friends of the guild that don’t want their characters associated directly.

However, be warned that OOC characters will still go through their own brief [OOC] interview, and to become an IC member, still must go through the same IC interview as everyone else.

And your officers are…?
Stax, Lewin, Tiral, Kenade
2 Likes
<Posting potentially-needed reservation, 1/1>
A cultist? Me? Naaaah...good thing I can't sweat nervously though.
All hail the Old Gods! Wait! I didn't say that - all hail the Old TROGS! TROGS I SAY!
Look at you weirdos
Come do cultist things with us, friends. We will give you tentacles... For whatever.
no
never
cultist things involve being mean to puppies
And tentacles
11/12/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Darvile
no
never
cultist things involve being mean to puppies

only puppies who aren't cultists

we love lewin, hims a good boy

Had a few events so far. So far, I think our greatest accomplishment within the guild has been acquiring a fruit basket (and a seemingly arbitrary location for our own portal network). It only cost us around 6 civilians, but I can safely say at least 4 of those went out with a smile on their face!

So what are you shady folks waiting for?! Champions to bread vendors, there’s a spot for everyone!

2 Likes

A great smile on their faces!

All hail the tentacle!!

Join today for a FREE* tentacle (while supplies last)!

*not including the cost of your soul

Join in on the fun while we prepare to launch our first guild campaign after being revived!

Tentacles for everybody!!!

My priest Isäbêlla was in this guild before she turned undead. Good guild good people.

If you’ve ever been jealous of Azshara for having the privilege of hearing N’zoth’s glorious voice in person, this guild is the right place for you.

Can I do bad things to Lewin if I join on my shadow manipulator :thinking:

also good to see you guys are going again, I spoke with Stax on a rooftop a week or two ago, was a good chat, great guy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ho ho ho! Merry Cultmas! N’zoth’s best helpers with get extra tentacles if they are good disciples!!

Don’t miss out on your chance to get free tentacles!! And cookies~!

For the old gods!

1 Like

We are still alive and recruiting! Bow to the tentacle!!!

Praise the tentacle!!!

1 Like