[A-RP] The Dwarven Vanguard

The Dwarven Vanguard is a Heavy Roleplaying guild seeking all able-bodied Dwarves for the defense of Khaz Modan!

For ten years the Dwarven Vanguard has striven to bring quality RP to the Dwarven community on Moon Guard as the successor guild to the historic Mountain Guard. Shield siblings of the Vanguard have fought, bled, and died in nearly every server-wide campaign since the guild’s founding back in the Cataclysm.

In-game guild name: The Dwarven Vanguard
GM: Bromas
Officers: Odron, Thaugrim, Thorlund, Kolgan, Honibelle, Valkorunn, Steinheim, Foghas

"Stone and foe beneath our heel!
We of Khaz with hearts of steel!
Cold of heart we core the fray!
By name of beard and blood we’ll slay!
For each you take you’ll dearly pay!
Each must die-- and you today!"
- Dwaldin Stormbeard, Fifth Thane of the Dwarven Vanguard

What is the Dwarven Vanguard?
The Dwarven Vanguard is an elite military order of Khaz Modan and serves the Council of Three Hammers directly and without question. We not only defend Ironforge, Shadowforge and the Aerie, but all of the dwarven realms of Khaz Modan. We are the dwarves who lead the charge and bring the might of the Alliance to bear on any who defy us.

What kind of events do you hold?
The Vanguard holds a variety of events, most commonly D20, Simple RP Events, and Discord based Vehicle Battles. These also include training, summits and other campaign RP events or Side-Story RP events. Many events are created by fellow guildmates and not just officers! We use a modified version of the Conquest D20 Simplified Rules at this time for better integration into server projects.

D20 Events:
Like your traditional tabletop RPGs, D20 events use a roll-based system for combat and other actions that players and NPCs use alike to interact with one another. This is one of the most common types of events we hold.

Simple RP Events:
These are anything from bar nights, summits, meetings, weekly training, holiday gatherings, recruitment drives & workshops – you get the idea.

Vehicle Battle Events:
These are Discord based combat events based off the Vehicle Combat System developed for Warcraft Conquest which we often play a large part in and help run!

Guild Uniforms:
As a military order, we expect all members to be in the provided uniforms for official guild RP events. You are free to wear whatever you wish while off duty, but while representing the Vanguard at events we ask that you proudly wear the red and gold!

Ranks:
Recruit
Dragoon
Warbrand
Ironguard
Bael Guard
Mountain Guard
Lieutenant
Captain
General
Thane

Guild Structure
Our members are split into divisions based on either class/spec choices or RP decisions. The divisions exist to provide flavor and possibly benefits in d20 events! Every division is overseen by a Captain and a Lieutenant.

Infantry:
Dwarves are renowned for their sturdiness and surprising strength. A well trained Dwarven warrior is easily a match for a creature several times its size. Combining equipment of unparalleled quality with stiff discipline and unmatched skill, the Infantry of the Dwarven Vanguard are as unshakeable as the stone halls they hail from.

Medical:
Amongst the Vanguard are some of Khaz Modan’s finest paladins, priests, monks and shamans. With years of experience in healing and tending to those on the battlefield, there is simply no substitute for these vigorously trained and seasoned medics.

Mountaineers:
The sturdy trappers, riflemen, hill shaman, scouts, and other frontiersmen of Ironforge have long made up the ranks of the famed Mountaineers. Now the Vanguard calls upon them, as well as the fierce warriors of the Wildhammer Clans and the spies of the Dark Iron Empire to make up the ranks of its own Mountaineer division.

Sorcerers:
The enigmatic Dwarven sorcerers have long studied in their sanctums deep beneath the earth. As powerful as they are secretive, the sorcerers of Ironforge and Shadowforge have lent their potent magic to the Vanguard and stand ready to unleash flame, frost, and shadow upon the enemies of Dwarf-Kind.

Advancement:
Initially members rank up by attending events, rising through the ranks over time. In order to keep up the long history of roleplaying excellence, the way by which members of the guild move up through the ranks beyond Warbrand will be via a heavy storytelling element, with the member progressing through a series of seven trials, each specific to their Division. These are the Trials of Progression.

The Trials are a multi-tiered, heavy RP system for guild promotions. The Trials will be a 1 on 1 with an active officer. It will most likely be your Captain, their Lieutenant, an appropriate Mountain Guard, a General or even the Thane. We will make appropriate accommodations for officers who are sometimes not as active. The Trial will consist of you being taken to a location and having to perform a task. The task may be a test of your character’s personality, a D20 event, or merely a test of your RPing ability.

How to join:
Whisper any member in game, or message in Discord, to be directed to an officer to ask about joining, then complete an IC interview with an officer!

For Thane and Mountain.
For Hearth and Home.
Flint and Bone.
Cinder and Stone.
For Khaz Modan!
-Thorrson Sternshot, former General of the Vanguard.

21 Likes

For Thane and Mountain!

My discord is Thaugrim#2135. Recruits, feel free to add me to your friends list!

7 Likes

Thaugrim and Bromas, and the whole guild in general! Amazing group of stout men and woman! I have enjoyed EVERY single interaction I have had with them and this guild!

I look forward to seeing you all again in the future!

Edit: Totally thinking about a dwarf character now to…won’t lie…

Dabs \o\

5 Likes

“Fer Thane an’ Mountain!”

(Mountaineer Division is the best Division…)

6 Likes

“Fer Thane an’ Mountain!”

(I concur that the Mountaineers are the best division)

6 Likes

“WILDHAMMER!”

(None can rival the great Mountaineer Dwarves)

5 Likes

For Thane and Mountain! Ten years strong!
(Mountaineers represent!)

2 Likes

For Thane and Mountain!
(We do have people in the other divisions, mountaineers are just good at scouting ahead)

2 Likes

“Fer Thane and Mountain!”

(We have our own marching song and everything)

2 Likes

Great group of roleplayers! They can be seen all over Azeroth!

:smiley:

Excellent dwarves and great friends! Can’t wait to clash and roleplay more!

Some fantastic lads and lasses in this guild, 10/10 would get my DK somehow sh*tfaced with them again.

2 Likes

For Thane and Mountain! Infantry Division is where it’s at!

Bumping with a bit of dwarf lore, for any interested mountainfolk: Madoran Bronzebeard, father of the brothers Bronzebeard (Magni, Muradin, and Brann), was quite the schemer! After the death of Modimus Anvilmar and the outbreak of civil war, he usurped control of Ironforge and forced both the dark irons and wildhammers from the city. He reconciled with the Wildhammers, however - his bond with Thane Khardros Wildhammer is immortalized in the Valley of Kings!

2 Likes

A great guild full o’ great people.

3 Likes

They turned me into a crispy crater in Northrend. 10/10 would do again.

4 Likes

“For Thane and Mountain!”

I’ve been with the Vanguard for nearly 10 years now and we just celebrated our 11th guild anniversary. So proud to have had the chance to roleplay with so many amazing people in the guild and via interactions through the guild.

Here is to 10 more years!

5 Likes

“For Thane and Moountain!”

4 Likes

From one Vanguard to another, these Dwarves are a thrill to RP with.

1 Like

How do you feel about alts in your guild? I main Horde, but love me some dwarves, and always wanted to get down with that sort of RP and have folks to talk to while leveling my stumpie alts.

We’re very alt friendly and have several active members who’s Dwarves happen to be their alts.

3 Likes