[A-RP] The Cooperative of Knowledge

Upon first glance it would seem a call to action, the well-written pamphlet stamped with the likeness of an owl holding parchment in its talons, pinned on the Hero’s Call Boards in every major Alliance city.

“Calling all thinkers, problem solvers, and great minds! The newly formed ‘Cooperative of Knowledge’ is now taking members, both old and young, aspiring or experienced! We are truth-seekers, scholars, soldiers, and healers from all walks of life looking for answers and understanding of the world. Please see Artificer Khaal in the Vault of Lights in the halls of the Exodar for inquiries!”

Who We Are

The Cooperative of Knowledge is a heavy roleplaying guild dedicated to the sciences of World of Warcraft. We are passionate lore-abiding roleplayers who seek to uncover the mysteries of Azeroth on an in-character level. Those with knowledge who are willing to share it and who wish to push the boundaries are very welcome in our guild.

Would My Character Fit?

Many might believe our guild is strictly for engineering-esque characters, however, the sciences are a very wide spectrum of professions and abilities. It is even wider due to the existence of magic in the Warcraft universe. A druid could easily be qualified as a botanist; hunters might find interest in zoology; a warlock may be one study of the darkest reaches of the nether. Whatever the idea, whatever the science, there is a character seeking to fill it.

What Should I Expect From Events?

One of the ideas that we believe makes our guild a bit unique is that the world -is- our oyster. The guild is meant to be in the open world, not cooped up in a city or tower of scholars, and with 103 lore-friendly zones to explore, there are plenty of stories to be told and fun to be had.

What you can expect from an event is what I will refer to as expeditions. Expeditions will be planned in character with in character goals in mind. This is an event that can include a variety of situations including but not limited to problem solving, investigations, combat, socialization, and slice-of-life. There is always something to do on an expedition.

When the time for a new expedition comes, two people will provide an argument on a location, and will then be voted on as a group on what comes first. After the winning location’s expedition is complete, the losing location’s expedition follows. This gives each player an opportunity to tell a story given a location and ensures that no one feels left out. Everyone will have the chance to make their case and write their story.

An example of an expedition would be as follows: Artificer Khaal is curious about the long lasting effects of the irradiated crystals on Bloodmyst Isle. He makes an argument on why the cooperative should be interested and names some general ideas. Life science would study the flora and fauna, and if adaptations were made. An archaeologist might investigate the ruins of the Sunhawk crash landing. Those who study engineering would be interested in finding crystal samples to test their volatility and active/dormant nature. Is there something to found? A problem to be solved should we find one?

The inspiration behind the events comes from many different ideas, Indiana Jones, Alien, and Avatar to name a few.

How Can I Join, and OOC Information

You can send a whisper to me! Akhaalid in game, or if I am not on, send a letter to me with Discord information and I will get back to you.

What you can expect on an OOC level is a very friendly and chill environment. Jobs, schooling, family, friends, and other events outside the game will always have priority and you will never be punished for them. We function on a zero-drama policy; this is a game and we are here to have fun with like-minded individuals, period. Racism, sexism, LGBTQ+ intolerance, and hatred in general is simply not welcomed.

1 Like

Yeah buddy.

Love this idea! Sign me up. :slight_smile:

Feel free to catch me in game or send your discord name to me through in game mail! We would love to have you!