[A-RP] Shadow of the Forest (Reimagined - Coming Soom ™)

🌲 Shadow of the Forest 🌲

A heavy roleplay guild on Alliance, Wyrmrest Accord

The time for action has come. No longer can the wounds of war be left open. Together, we can and will reclaim our lands and holdings lost in war, but we need your help. The Shadow of the Forest calls upon Sentinels willing to be recommissioned, kaldorei who seek new purpose and Alliance soldiers, marksmen, magi, scholars, healers, historians, tradesmen and others with skills and talent useful to our cause. Join us and reclaim what is rightfully ours- our homesteads, our land, our people.

Check back later for an update in late 2020.

*Subject to change

About Shadow of the Forest

This is a small, heavy roleplaying guild focused on reclamation and rebuilding of Alliance lands, holdings and outposts. The group is a heavily detached regiment of the Sentinel Army, with Gwy’neth Shadowbreaker commanding it. They acted as a silent strike team in the past, running through the forests of Kalimdor to ambush Horde outposts and encroaching settlements, sabotaging supply caravans and other military targets in the past.

Nowadays, they act as a kaldorei and Sentinel outreach group, helping the Alliance to reclaim positions lost to them over the years. Old habits die hard however, even as the treaty casts a shadow over their activities…

The Shadow of the Forest has dwindled over the years and is now almost nearly defunct. However, Gwy’neth and Tharion have decided it’s time to get help where they can get it, and with most Sentinels preoccupied with one thing or another, they are opening the group to others outside of the kaldorei or worgen race.

Outside of RPing we plan to dabble in Mythic+, arenas, PvP, PvE, transmog and achievement runs of old/current content as well as build relationships with each other to foster a home for friends to play together. We’ll have a Discord server to plan, chat, gather and supplement our endeavors.

Structure

The guild is a group of friends who wish to partake in immersive storylines that allow for character development in an environment free of judgement and inclusive of all. Each members’ wants, needs, and input are considered and each member is encouraged to participate as much as they want. We strive to engage not only in RP, but in PvE and PvP as well.

Storylines, plots and arcs are crafted and implemented with all this in mind, as well as lore-friendly headcanon, character motivations and interests, and a mind for cohesive, manageable storytelling without OOC dramatic theatrics. Events range from single one-shots, social gatherings, meetings, roll combat or adventure outings to arcs that take place over several days or weeks. Most arcs and events take place in the open world, allowing for a more diverse RP setting.

Ranks

The Shadow of the Forest is structured as an arm of the Sentinel Army and the way it is operated and the ranks it holds is reflective of that. Most characters in the Shadow are soldiers, military, healers, strategists, or fighters of some kind, though civilians with skills useful to the group may be present as well.

The Shadow consists of player characters and a handful of inconsequential Sentinel NPCs that we use at our disposal for storytelling purposes. Nightblade, Starseekers, Shadowleaves: Seasoned members are the penultimate rank before the officers. After the Sentinel rank, members can choose to specialize in a branch of the Shadow and put their character’s skills to greater use. These specialized members work closely with a dedicated Captain, who leads the branch.

Ranks

• Commander: Gwy’neth holds this rank, commanding a small regiment under the Sentinel Army, though it is largely detached and less-often acknowledged. OOC: Guild Master, largely responsible for the direction of the guild and facilitating roleplay that is meaningful and fulfilling; Encourages camaraderie and upkeeps morale; Diffuses tension and moderates the group, intervening when conflict arises.

• Captain: Tharion holds this rank, leading the Shadowleaves. OOC: Officer, responsible for storytelling and plot-driving and facilitating roleplay that is meaningful and fulfilling; Plans and executed plots and story arcs; Moderates the group, intervening when conflict arises.

• Finel’ethala: “The Last Wardens”, an elite group of soldiers within the Shadow, the finel’ethala serve as the groups finest and brightest. OOC: As senior members of the guild, they’re encouraged to help ensure story arcs flow smoothly and potentially create their own.

• Nightblades: The first to emerge from the Shadows, the battle-hardened Nightblades are composed of skillful fighters and tacticians that are no strangers to war.

• Starseekers: Whether it be Arcane, Void, Light, or Fel, the Starseekers seek to understand and manipulate the cosmic forces of the universe to bolster the Shadow.

• Shadowleaves: Preferring subtlety over strength, the Shadowleaves use cunning and secrecy to their advantage.

• Sentinels: Soldiers, the Shadow’s Sentinels make up the bulk of its membership. They execute everyday tasks and missions that have been assigned to them.

• Aide: Civilians or non-fighters pledged to aide the Shadow through skills and knowledge that are deemed worthy, useful or necessary.

• Outrunner: The newly recruited members that have yet to truly prove themselves to the Shadow. After being recruited by their chosen means, Outrunners participate in the guild’s current storyline to earn trust.

Management and Rules

Open Door Policy. As GM I have an Open Door policy. You can come to me for any reason and express concerns or give feedback without fear of rejection or indifference.

Rules
We have some rules you must follow. When joining, you are agreeing to follow these rules.

The Rules

1. Be respectful of others.
  2. No derogatory or bigoted language including but not limited to: racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, ableist. If someone calls you out, apologize and don’t do it again. 1 warning on minor offenses that are teachable moments. No warnings on major offenses that are widely seen as violent or purposeful.
  3. Do not argue with the GM or officers. Do as they say, within reason, when it comes to these rules.
  4. Be inclusive. This means of characters, of players and of desires and needs, and boundaries.
  5. Have fun. We’re here to have fun. If you’re not having fun, you can talk to an officer or GM about it.
What's Happening Now?

We continuing with Guild Building and almost ready to open recruitment to the server. We have an active storyline the few of us are participating in, with the end goal of opening the Shadow ICly to other characters at the beginning of the new year.

We are currently recruiting for two (2) Captain (Officer) positions to lead the Starseekers and Nightblades and to fulfill officer duties. If interested, find us using the “Contact Us” section of this thread.

Recruitment

Instead of applications or a standard recruitment process, the Shadow recruits characters through in-character development; integrating them into the group organically. This can be done through storyline, plot, casual RP over time, or any other creative way.

The way you introduce and insert your character into the Shadow is the true test of your interest. OOCly, this gives you and us time to ensure you’re a good fit for our group.

For more information on our recruitment process, please reach out to a member of the guild.

The Shadow of the Forest is looking for players interested in immersive roleplay, events and stories focusing on individual characters and the group as a team. Players who want to be apart of a group of people dedicated to quality and self-led RP should come and join.

Contact Information

If you have questions, comments, concerns or are interested in being a part of our guild, please reach out to either Gwyneth or Tharion.

Gwyneth can reached in game as the character “Gwyneth”, on Discord (clair#8305) or Battle Tag (clair#1709).

Tharion can be reached in game as the character “Tharion”, Discord (Taws#4321) or Battle Tag (#Taws#11991)

20 Likes

Very excited for this! This will be a great opportunity to hop into some consistent world RP in zones that we don’t normally get to be in.

1 Like

I’d help out if I weren’t super busy! Good luck with all this!

3 Likes

Muhaha, you can try to invade our land, you can try.

2 Likes

Have fun storming the castle!

2 Likes

Hello Gwyn! I’m very interested in this project! When you’re able, can you tell me more about what pieces of the canon lore you plan to acknowledge for the story? Will you focus on the timeline before the conclusion of the 4th war? Will you be acknowledging and referencing the tiny morsels of lore from the BFA war table?

1 Like

We will be playing in current time. It’s more of a ragtag group of disenfranchised folks who wanna get some sort of work in against the Horde outside of the banner of the Alliance.

3 Likes

We’re still brainstorming and planning stuff, but while we are looking at places to go, I discovered all of this wild mission table lore.

Alterac City, Strahnbrad, and even Durnholde Keep being rebuilt by the Horde. Shadowfang Keep turned into a bioweapon facility. Not to mention all the fighting going on in Darkshore/Ashenvale/Barrens, apparently. Could be fun to explore!

2 Likes

Now is the time to get in from the ground up. We are getting going on planning and hope to have a start date in September. If anything,

Watch this space.

X,

G

Bumping this back to the top as more information has been added in the OP!

2 Likes

I can help now.

This wildhammer is def. interested!

What times are you planning to host events?

Events will be varied in scope, date and time. Once we have our first campaign planned out we will update this thread on what they will look like.

Hope to see you soon!

Is your discord open yet?

To those that wish to assist in some capacity, yes.

I’m definitely willing to assist in some capacity, whether its just spontaneous RP or a smaller scale event. I enjoy RP and the interactions between people. (Especially when I’m not in charge of the whole show.)

If that’s cool with you and your’s, then I’d ask you for an invite.

2 Likes

Add me on discord and we can chit chat!

1 Like

I sent my request! Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Sorry to necro an old thread, but I’m interested in this also!

Gwyneth, I sent you a battletag request and would love to chat. Or if you prefer Discord, my ID is Digits#3034.

Yo I quit the game so this ain’t happening.

Edit:

Me: I quit until SL drops
Blizzard: SL drops next month
Me: :anger: