[A - RP Community] Church of the Holy Light

me: “I’m gonna post more in the church thread”

also me: doesn’t

Anyway, Church of the Holy Light has had a busy month! Many of us participated in the fantastic Visions of the Vale campaign run by Warcraft Conquest, which put a little bit of a pause on things.

In the background, we’ve had a simmering investigation plot of some leftover events from the Silver Hand’s recent crusade, as well as tonight’s rather cool Inquisition plotline involving a search for dangerous relics filled with dark and twisted magic.

Coming up in just two days (Sunday the 24th, at 8pm) is our biweekly seminary event, set up in the peaceful gazebo behind the Cathedral. Come swing by and express your character’s beliefs about the Light, and experience healthy discussion with your peers! It’s a lot more fun than being talked at and not moving for for like an hour, and provides a cool chance to flesh out your character some more.

2 Likes

Oh, hey guys, didn’t see you there. I’m Julien, the current Inquisitorial Prefect! I lead the Geralt wannabees in having competitions to see who can brood the best.

We have A LOT of content coming up for July, so I’m going to post about that now.

Cycles of Guilt: July 12th, 8PM Server Time - The Holy Inquisition continues their battle against the Alteraci Syndicate and their heretical ways. This time around, the intent is to locate and eliminate the Syndicate’s seer, Erasmus the Elegiac.

Silver Hand Meeting: July 13th, 8PM Server Time - The High Council calls all Chapter Masters and their Seconds to the most sacred halls of Northshire Abbey to discuss matters of logistics, roles within the church, and the future of the Order going forwards.

Coronet of Thorns: July 17th, 8PM Server Time - The War against the Lich King may be in the history, but relics of the past still litter the fields of combat. Help restore such vaunted items to a place of Respect. Holy Works Wardens have identified the rough location of the Coronet of Thorns. A team is being assembled.

Seminary: July 19th, 8PM Server Time - The Church of the Holy Light hosts a seminary in Stormwind. Swing by the Cathedral, sit back, and enjoy some theological discussion.

A Dance with Drust: July 20th to July 24th, 8PM Server Time - The Inquisition’s investigation into stolen Drust relics continues across Kul Tiras, while the Silver Hand’s knights seek the treasures of a saint. Powerful forces conspire to bring them together for a twisted and vile purpose.

Monthly Bonfire: July 26th, 8PM Server Time, 8PM Server Time. The Citrine Eagle hosts their monthly bonfire and has extended and invitation to the Church of the Holy Light. Come socialize, play some games, make some friends, and maybe even win a few prizes!

Caravan to the Tournament of Ages: July 31st and August 1st, 8PM Server Time. The Church invites the Lay Faithful to join them on a venture up north to the Argent Tournament Grounds for the Tournament of Ages.

On top of this, both the Holy Works and the Silver Hand will be tossing up their events as well and I’ll be updating this list accordingly.

Want to keep up with the CotHL without having to check just this forum post? You can check out our handy dandy carrd! It has all the useful information one would expect from a forum post but is wrapped up in a simple, easy to use website. Whoever made this for these Church guys must be handsome and also very cool. Since Blizzard is icky about posting links, just use the link below but without the spaces and you’ll be golden!

holylight. carrd .co/

So, uh, Prefect out!

1 Like

Another little bump for our lovely thread here. Coming up on Sunday we have our biweekly Seminary! Hosted inside the Cathedral this week, too. As ever, Seminary is open for anybody to come to, so come stop by if you’re interested in having your character share their views on the Light.

After that, we’ll be embarking on our weeklong A Dance With Drust series of events aimed at our paladin and inquisitor groups. These events are open to anybody in the project, and are d20 investigations into some strange happenings in Kul Tiras.

2 Likes

Jumping in here because I assumed similar (that it was a fanon thing) until I noticed something in Shattrath a few days ago.

Quite a few Draenei NPCs end the ‘sermons’ they’re giving to the Shattered Sun troops with “By the Naaru, may it be so.”.

So it seems it is a canon thing after all, if a Draenei one.

1 Like

I learned the same thing right about the time I’d posted that! They poked fun at me in the Discord for not knowing it, but I’d never stuck around long enough in Shattrath to even see that sermon.

It was a pure chance thing in my case. Teleported to Shattrath from Stormwind because I was getting cooking recipes and the end of the sermon popped up in the chatbox as I loaded in.

Hey hey people, with ToA coming to a close, we’re getting back to our regularly schedule programming here in the Church. That means we have some events coming up, including a super secret very important inquisitorial meeting where we discuss the value of an inquisitorial agent’s hat.

Bilgewater Blues: August 11th, 8PM Server Time. The inquisition has received a very strange letter requesting aid in what appears to be a trivial matter. With a token force, the forces of the Church of the Holy Light make their way to the township of Foxdale.

Return to Greyburg: August 15th, 8PM Server Time. An old threat needs to be contained once and for all. A relic has been retrieved and is being sent in to neutralize the Greyburg Mine completely and utterly, though there is one thing that stands out: the substantial risk to those delivering said relic into the mine. Will this collection of convicts and low-ranking supervisors be able to survive the return to Greyburg?

In The Shadow of the Dire: August 17th to August 21st. Members of the Silver Hand begin the arduous task of hunting down the long-lost relics of Saint Gavinrad the Dire.

Hey all you cool cats and kittens, fat faced prefect Julien here. The month’s about half way done, so we’re rounding off August with some exciting stuff!

In The Shadow of the Dire: August 17th to August 21st. Members of the Silver Hand begin the arduous task of hunting down the long-lost relics of Saint Gavinrad the Dire.

Meeting of the Twin Orders: August 24th, 8PM Server Time - A call for a meeting between the heads of the Temple Guard and the Silver Hand Chapter Masters by one Alexander Hughes to discuss the future of the twin orders. The meeting’ll discuss the future planning of the orders as well as ideas being given to be digested over the next few weeks moving forward. For Example, A religious recruitment of bodies within the Old Town quarter of Stormwind."

We Will Rise Again: August 26th, 8PM Server Time - The inquisition heads north in Thalassian lands to aid in the elimination of one of the more nefarious weapons of the Cult of the Damned: the Lightslayers. Stay hidden, stay safe, and destroy the Light’s enemies.

Monthly Bonfire: August 30th, 8PM Server Time - The Citrine Eagle hosts their monthly bonfire and has extended and invitation to the Church of the Holy Light. Come socialize, play some games, make some friends, and maybe even win a few prizes!

It’s been a bit, but I’m back! We’ve got some events coming up, including our coordination with the upcoming Warcraft Conquest event series, “In Death’s Shadow”! I look forward to seeing you all there!

Build a Castle: September 14th, 8PM Server Time - The lich, Erasmus Vanderbeck, has been spotted once more. This time, he has made a move towards the fallen city of Stratholme. Eliminate him and his allies before their wicked plans can be enacted.

In Death’s Shadow - Warcraft Conquest: September 20th through September 30th - The eternal veil screams, torn asunder above the frozen wastes of Icecrown. Even as the shattered sky presents terrifying new threats, an old enemy has been released from the shackles that bound them. Guided by a sinister hand from beyond, undead swarm across Azeroth to take advantage of a world weakened by strife. The Alliance and Horde must sail north with all haste to aid the Argent Crusade in confronting the Scourge’s most dangerous leaders. If they fail, Azeroth will forever be condemned to torment in death’s shadow.

1 Like

Oh wow, that fat-faced inquizzi prefect is back again, what a shock! With Conquest finally over, we’re back to our regularly scheduled programming. On top of our usual weekly events, here’s a couple more events for everyone to look forward to.

Counterclockwise: October 10th, 8PM Server Time - The recent defeat of reawakened Scourge forces in Icecrown has drawn out a sigh of relief from those who fought valiantly to stall the wanton destruction that stalks the path of the undead; still, recent reports of shared false memories and brief periods of collective amnesia that have spread over the Argent forces who oversee the cleansing of the Citadel have ushered in a renewed worry that the final battle seen by the bulk of the Alliance forces was not as clean-cut a victory as initially thought. The Crusade has requested the help of the Inquisition to investigate the mysterious of activity that seems to be haunting the halls of Icecrown Citadel and find its source.

The Champions of Uther: October 17th, October 18th, 8PM Server - In celebration of our brave heroes returning from Northrend, the Church of the Holy Light will be hosting a tournament on the 17th and 18th of October in Elwynn Forest! Send forth your strongest men and women to prove their worth against the champions of the Grand Alliance and the Holy Light! Food, drinks, and festivities for all who wish to congratulate the courage of our soldiers!

A Bump in the Night: October 24th, 8PMServer Time - In the spirit of the season, we’ll be delving into Silverpine Forest to pursue some reports of unusual encounters.

1 Like

word around the office is you have a nice church

The Champions of Uther came to a close yesterday, with Dame Berace ‘the Merciful’ winning the grand melee and Sir Julien ‘the True’ winning the joust! Competition was fierce and the event was wonderful! I hope everyone had a great time at it, and I look forward to helping host further tournaments in the future.

If you want to see some of the screenshots of the event, I’ve compiled some together! imgur. com/a/SeJQL9h

We’re also rounding out the month with a few more events, so be sure to check them out.

Placeholder: October 20th, 8PM Server Time - Members of the Night Watch find themselves cut off from Darkshire and request aid from the forces of the Church of the Holy Light. Will aid make it in time, or will the undead continue with their seemingly controlled rampage across the land?

A Bump in the Night: October 24th, 8PM Server Time - In the spirit of the season, we’ll be delving into Silverpine Forest to pursue some reports of unusual encounters.

Monthly Bonfire: October 25th, 8PM Server Time - The Citrine Eagle hosts their monthly bonfire and has extended and invitation to the Church of the Holy Light. Come socialize, play some games, make some friends, and maybe even win a few prizes!

Be sure to check out our carrd, too.
holylight.carrd .co/