[A-RP] <Briarheart Coven>

Thydrias walks alone down a dark forest path. Birds are chirping, the sun is glimpsed through the dense canopy of the trees, and the singing of insects can be heard. Suddenly, the sky darkens, and a strange mist rolls in. The birds fall silent, and the insects seem to have scattered, no longer within earshot. A strange disquiet settles in the pit of the druid’s stomach. He hears the rustling of leaves behind him, and the unmistakable sound of footsteps that aren’t his own. Thydrias turns quickly, but there is nothing there. No strange phantom of the pines, no animal or person to be spotted. The elf tries to slow the pounding of his heart, “Just the wind,” he tells himself as he attempts to steady his quivering hands. He turns to continue his walk, but ahead of him on the path, a lone figure is standing motionlessly, silently, staring at him with a blank expression. The druid freezes as the icy feeling of fear settles around his heart. The figure then raises his hand and beckons Thydrias forward. When he speaks his voice is cold, deep, and haunting, but still plainly heard, “The Briarheart Coven could use someone of your caliber. Will you aid us in our cause?”

Who are you? What do you do?

OOC - The Briarheart Coven is a new heavy-RP guild looking to create a small and tight-knit community of people who enjoy writing together and foster rich, in-depth character development. We draw inspiration from old pagan practices and integrate some of their most prominent aspects to provide our members with a semi-realistic, immersive experience that adheres to established lore as best as we are able.

IC - Formed by a kaldorei mystic and necromancer after unearthing the ancient ruins of a bygone vrykul tribe, the Briarhart tribe, the coven seeks out like-minded individuals willing to dedicate their lives to maintaining the balance between the primordial forces of life and death. Whereas other organizations focus strictly on life and growth, the Briarheart coven acknowledges not only the importance but the necessity of death in the natural cycle. As a lawful neutral order in both its moral and political alignments, members are expected to abide by a set of laws and rules established by the coven itself while allowing them the freedom to affiliate themselves with any other parties so long as they do not do so on behalf of the coven.

How do I join?

You do not seek out the coven; the coven finds you. In order to maintain a small and tight-knit community, we will prioritize quality over quantity. The first step of our recruitment process after contacting one of the officers/recruiters listed below is going to be an OOC interview. During the OOC interview, we will try to know more about your personal attitudes to determine whether you as a player might fit in the friendly, nigh-familial environment we strive to create. If you are given the green light, you will move on to the second step of our recruitment process: an IC interview. During the IC interview, your character will be contacted by a full-fledged member of the coven whose main goal is to determine whether your characters’ views and beliefs align with those of the coven, among other things.

Who to Contact

Skyweaver (GM) (Lazaeris#0323 on Discord, LazAvis#1313 on Bnet)

Thydrias (Officer) (TreyDay#5538 on Discord, PapiChulo#11731 on Bnet)

5 Likes

I already spoke to you on Discord but wanted to give a support bump! I look forward to talking more soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you conducted any interviews lately for the guild? I am coming back after a several month break and started to look for some RP to join! This looks fantastic!

2 Likes

I have! About 6 or so other people are interested in joining, and 2-4 guilds want to be involved with us.

1 Like

Added how to contact each one of us outside of the game, which I initially forgot to. Recruitment is still open!

1 Like

The coven met over the weekend for the very first time. We introduced ourselves to one another, then discussed the history behind the origin of the coven, and finalized the meeting after discussing the laws of the coven.

We’re still recruiting!