(A) Returning player. Delving in! LF Connections

Hello and well met!

I am avid gamer and roleplayer who loves immersing into the worlds that I play in. (As well as having a deep passion for crafting.) Due many of the positive changes, I decided to jump into the game once more.

However, I am completely unmoored. No connections, community, or guild. So, I am in seeking connections to enjoy this world with.

Also, I am trying to figure out the best way to add rp mods (largely unfamiliar with modding for WoW) so I can connect with folks of like minds. Being out of the loop, I am having to research the best way to do that. If anyone has quick tips for that, please let me know.

Enjoy your adventures out there travelers.

4 Likes

Welcome to Wyrmrest!

If you’re looking for events and people to get involved with, you’ve already come to one of the best places for that. These forums see various server events and guilds advertised regularly. Feel free to reach out to those guilds whose ads interest you and attend the events you think your character would fit and enjoy. You will quickly get a feel for the various types of roleplayers on this server and come to know many of the most regular faces. There are also a few Discord communities you may want to join as well. You should be able to find their respective forum posts even if you have to scroll down the main page a bit.

On the subject of addons (what mods are called in WoW), the easiest way to find, manage, and install them is to use Curseforge.

Addons - World of Warcraft - CurseForge

Here you can download the client software which will help you to find and keep your addons up-to-date. You can install one version that runs on the Overwolf framework, but another version can be run as a standalone program. Here is the link to those alternative standalone versions.

CurseForge Mods and Addons | Overwolf.com

Check out these addons in particular to make your integration into the roleplay community as smooth as possible.

Total RP3 ( Total RP 3 - Addons - World of Warcraft - CurseForge)

This addon will allow you to create a roleplay profile that others can see. It will also allow you to see RP profiles that others create.

Total RP3 Extended ( Total RP 3: Extended - Addons - World of Warcraft - CurseForge)

This addon will allow you to do a few extra things with TRP like creating custom items. Not everyone uses it, and it’s not entirely necessary most of the time. I’m listing it here anyway just in case since there are those in the community who enjoy it.

Emote Splitter ( Emote Splitter - Addons - World of Warcraft - CurseForge)

This addon allows you to bypass the character limit imposed by Blizzard when posting chat messages in game. It’s handy when it comes to typing longer posts or emotes.

Listener ( Listener - Addons - World of Warcraft - CurseForge)

This addon is a must when attempting to interact in a big crowd. It can be set up to isolate the posts of specific players and ping you with an audible alert when someone mentions your name. It’ll go a long way to helping you avoid getting lost in a sea of chat.

Cross RP ( Cross RP - Addons - World of Warcraft - CurseForge)

This addon will allow you to see the RP profiles of the opposite faction and even sometimes of those phased over from different servers. Likewise, it will also enable those same people to see your RP profile.

And that’s it! I hope this has been helpful; and most importantly, I hope you enjoy your time immersing in the Warcraft universe here on Wyrmrest Accord!

2 Likes

I can confirm that those would be all the mods people usually have for RP here! The CurseForge app to install them is the easiest way to do it and keep them updated, rather than doing so manually.

If you’re looking for Alliance side RP and contacts, you’ll probably want to find the thread for the Wyrmrest Community Project which is primarily about building up WrA Allianceside community and RP events.

One thing to know is that if you somehow make Horde friends also, you can now do instanced content (dungeons and raids) with mixed-faction parties. You cannot however use the random queue tools with these mixed-faction groups, so you would need to make 4 friends/friends-of-friends and walk to the instances.

There’s also a fair amount of RP these days which acknowledges diplomats and/or the truce between Horde and Alliance. Make sure to keep some Elixir of Tongues potions on you at RP events, so you can read everyone’s /say and /emote!

Welcome back to Azeroth! Draenei is an excellent choice!!

2 Likes

A link to the referenced project for ease of access. A note: this Discord community has come a long way beyond simply encouraging Alliance RP. It’s very much an everything RP community server that has become quite massive.

Wyrmrest Community Project - Wyrmrest Accord - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Ah I see, good to know! Bit beyond the scope here then, but maybe still useful.

1 Like

Thank you both for the heads up on all this, and the parsing of resources. It is all very much appreciated. All these tips will be a big help.

I would not be surprised if I find horde friends as well as I enjoy find comradery wherever it appears. I am definite Alliance focused, but will more than like peek into Horde things. Didn’t know about the Elixir of Tongues. So, good to keep in mind!

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for potential guilds of interest, and see where I might discover more to browse.

All in all, thank you for the warm welcome.

3 Likes

Alliance side community is wide and well! I can point you to any guilds that may be of interest and also talk with you about my own if you’re interested!

1 Like

Hello there! Welcome to Wyrmrest!

Pretty much this. Different events are advertised including guild fairs and my guild’s server events. Story Circle, which will return Jan. 8th is open to Alliance/Horde/Neutral.

Here is a link:

[H/A/N-Rp Event] Story Circle

I must also recommend the Wyrmrest Community Project. Alliance side has changed a bit the last couple of years and despite having more Alliance friends, I am not as well versed with how things go over there. I think the best way to make friends and connections would be to chat up the discord and go to events that interest you. As someone with anxiety, I find it is easier to find other people to attend events with.

By all means. I would happily take some assistance in figuring out guilds of interests. Wouldn’t mind hearing about your own as well. Currently, as I am getting back into the game, I haven’t pinpointed quite what I’m looking for yet.

Just a casual observation, when I played some years back, it was easy for me to see casual walk-up style rp about in places for the Alliance side. Has that diminished to an extent on this server? I’m noticing it may be a bit more horde leaning than it once was.

Are there any current common hangouts to meet folks?

Alot of the cool kids hang out in Duskwood and visit the local ghost in the late night hours.

1 Like

Yeah as far as I’m aware, Org and SW are still sharded from the launch of Dragonflight. Hopefully that gets resolved soon but in the meantime, you can find me and my pals in Duskwood in the evenings! I usually start my rp at 7pm server, and other friends are there either a little earlier or trickle in a little later!