A recent lawsuit accuses the WoW team of being part of a "frat boy culture" - does that impact the story?

It depends where in Africa. Africa is a continent, with 54 different countries. But the most well know African country, South Africa, legalizes abortion, I don’t have the time to check the other 53.

Abortion in the Philippines is illegal. But the Philippines is also a third world country and they just barely have a healthcare system.

1 Like

I agreed with you in terms of the public. Yes the public overall seems to go more in such a direction. Certainly some more progressive laws were mad, no doubt. However, overall those are small and (at least in the U.S.) policies did shift a lot to the right.

When even a politician like Biden can be called “far leftist” you know something isn’t quite right.

I said developed nations. But overall it progresses even in places you perhaps wouldn’t expect.

Indeed. More seem to at least allow it to save the mothers life and for other health reasons.

Do you see it every time as an attack on your intelligence if your statements are called wrong?

Calling you uninformed is not calling you stupid. You used the wrong name for a bill. Yes I also used a word wrong. It’s not my native language. It happens. Gee. Take a drink.

Legalized, yes, but most don’t do abortions on demand. There’s restrictions on when an abortion can be performed, for example in Ghana (where my father was from).

Also, banning abortions is not a mark of being less civilized.

1 Like

If you said you thought I was wrong, that is fine.

But you called me uninformed… and you spelled it wrong while you did it… lol!

I have civil disagreements with people on the forums, and people who don’t speak English primarily. But if people want to throw terms like “uninformed” at me while displaying their own ignorance, I will point it out.

You were wrong. The Senate has passed one of the bills. You are uninformed.

You are right. But abortions will happen regardless. The point comes down to if they are done safely. Making abortions illegal doesn’t stop abortions from happening it increases the rate of late term abortions. Offering early term abortions prevents late term abortions, it also reduces infanticide.

5 Likes

Glad if it’s the case. That didn’t seem to be the case at all though.

Like I said I used a wrong word. What I meant with that statement is that neither bill was fully ratified (voted on etc.). It also shows even more that the “far left” is willing to vote for both (as they said).
Your rant against a “far left” and going as far as pointing at those politicians for losing judges (even though Obama could have appointed one) is simply wrong.

You really didn’t do yourself any favors with this whole take, defending 2 extremists. I don’t doubt you are smart. However I think you missed a lot in those recent events.

Ou… Mda …

Yes, sad but true, people will always try to do abortions. But that is something we are on opposite sides on. I suspect there will be people who will try to use or cite this against me, but I must stand true to my principles.

While I sympathize with women who had pregnancies forced on them, killing babies still in the womb is no different than killing them out of the womb. Life begins at conception. A horrible conundrum - the woman did not want to get pregnant, and neither did the child/children choose to be conceived under such horrible circumstances… but that’s where orphanages, foundling laws and foster care can help.

And for those who say - not accusing you - that getting an abortion is an option because a baby “might” get a deformity… that option sounds like eugenics talk.

Contraceptives and abstinence are better choices to prevent pregnancies.

1 Like

It’s not sad. There are many reasons why it may be better for the mother.
Consider those things:
No woman does this for fun. It’s always a hard decision.
After a certain time abortion numbers are always going down/ staying low if it’s legalized.
There have to be reasonable laws. Is the life of the mother endangered? Allow it etc.
It’s really a last measure for almost everyone.

Should abortions continue if there is a basic income?

So should a mother sacrifice the life of her child/lives of her children to save herself?

Is there a medical condition that requires termination of pregnancy? Although … Chemotherapy for cancer and something like that?

Rhesus factors?

Yes. Of course. She is a living human and in most cases the child can’t even survive at such a point and is literally killing the mother (for example poisoning her).

4 Likes

That’s disgusting. The child/children are living humans too.

A lot of abortions are done because the mother thinks she can’t support the child or birth control failed or she was careless or she has issues (raised in an abusive household)… THAT IS WHAT ORPHANAGES AND FOSTER HOMES ARE FOR!

Give people two, three or five hundred years, maybe artificial wombs will appear.

2 Likes

I would love for artificial wombs to exist now. That would hopefully end abortions.

Possible? Honestly I’m not sure.

But after all, formally, this is also an abortion, only without murder. Uh … faulty logic.
Orphanage? How do you feel about orphanages?

That’s the thing though. Complications happen. Death births are a thing. Nature is cruel. It’s not something any mother want’s. At that point it’s simply saving the life you can. It’s sad and very traumatic for any mother.

1 Like

The reason abortion is opposed is because it is legalized, industrialized baby-killing.

With an artificial womb, abortion is not a death sentence for the baby/babies.

That’s the logic.

Orphanages are case-by-case, but I feel better about them than abortion, because at least they’re getting a chance at life.