"A real night elf"

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Omegalul at who this post is about. Anyone who wants some nelf RP, you can always ping myself in game, no need to join our guild to do so. I can send calendar invites for open RP events. It saddens me to see I am not the only one attacked by this individual.

4 Likes

Dont waste time join their Ashenvale Harem. Nelf RP isnā€™t plentiful but you have some good places to look, even if not joining the guild itself, like Ru Shallora Enudoril.

As for the ā€œnight elf cardā€ not many people play them how theyā€™re traditionally portrayed, because blizzard itself stripped them away from it. It matters for a argument of how to improve lore, but itā€™s WoW RP. It doesnt matter what you want to roleplay, especially not when blizzard itself isnt even faithful to the ā€˜realā€™ NE fantasy from wc3.

9 Likes

I know which guild this is and I hate that theyā€™re still around because their GL gloated about how heā€™s destroyed nelf guilds that have stepped foot in Ashenvale, and then proceeded to gaslight my intentions to RP in Ashenvale and how heā€™s ā€œheard it all beforeā€ when I said weā€™re not here ICly, just using the spot.

Imagine, RPing in a spot 100 yards away and getting upset and threatening to poach your guild and find your events to troll them just because you said you werenā€™t there ICly and think no one owns spots in a game with all 10 active members of his 500+ member guild.

Better off putting him on ignore. Heā€™s a huge meme on this server.

5 Likes

You need to come RP with us more, Raelor! Get out. Live a little. Spread the gospel of shirtless male nelves.

2 Likes

I donā€™t wanna play devilā€™s advocate here, and I certainly want everyone to enjoy their RP however they like it, but I am of the opinion that most people should really just role humans. This is because, regardless of race, I see most people RPing the same characters. They are the bubbly, goofy girl who just wants to pet their floofy-woofy doggie or w/e, or they want to be different due to x, y or z reason thatā€™s not terribly interesting and has nothing to do with them being kalā€™dorei. Theyā€™re essentially playing manic pixie dream girls and they rolled a nelf, not because they wanted to create a character based in lore, but because they think nelves are pretty.

Now, there is nothing that should stop a person from doing this if they wish. Play what you want and RP how you want. However, Kalā€™dorei are reclusive, are xenophobic, and are, to a degree, savage. They have also lived long lives and remember terrors and anguishes that they have lived with for thousands of years. They are Peter Jackson elves, essentially. My point in stating this is to express incredulity at people not wanting to work with such a fascinating race in a way that brings out these qualities and the inherit situations that would develop from them. WoW has so many fascinating races, but I see almost every RPer playing a character who could just as easily be a human and is really just a self-insert.

Again, Iā€™m not stating this to hate on any RPers. Iā€™m just saying that I believe a lot of night elf lore is ignored by, probably, most night elf characters. Iā€™ve been in kalā€™dorei guilds that adhere strictly to lore, and it is such a unique experience because they create the culture that was intended. Its not just guilding up with a bunch of people who are just playing some extremely introverted or extroverted version of themselves that has their pet-whatever go bouncing about the place and creating a wacky situation every five seconds.

No one can tell you what to RP, but I think, personally, that the RP community would benefit from people taking a serious look at the races they play and developing a character based out of lore. Thatā€™s how I prefer to RP, and I believe that my opinion is just as valid and deserves to be heard. Iā€™m not agreeing with this guild and their ā€œget out if you donā€™t play our wayā€ philosophy. Iā€™m only expressing a different opinion from what I am seeing on this thread.

TL;DR: Have fun and RP however you want, but it is really cool when people put the time and thought into roleplaying characters that fit in and abide by lore, because it makes the game world feel like it matters and gives culture to the various races.

2 Likes

I do agree people should try to adhere to the culture of Kaldorei, but this guild isā€¦ something else.

They threatened to kill my Gilnean, yaknow the only sect of humans that actually seems to give a damn about Kaldorei, character just for being in Ashenvale. Wasnā€™t even IC at the time (gathering Lunar Festival coins), got IC death threats regardless. When I pointed out how absurd it would be to kill oneā€™s closest allies, they ignored it.

There was also this time where this guild griefed a neutral RP event just because 2 of the people accidentally became flagged; we had to use Darkshore as a staging ground because the one we wanted to use (Nazmir) was too high a level for some of the guildies. There was even a Night Elf DH trying to get them to stop, and was insulted by them in whispers.

5 Likes

Oh, well they are violating the rules of RP, then, and are, therefore, buttholes.

2 Likes

Kal apostrophe doreiā€¦ lmfao. However at the highest of lowkey that guy is a creep OOCly. :clown_face:

2 Likes

This man is the big creepy. Sexually harasses people after interacting with them when he sees that theyā€™ve got a female player model. Big cringe bro

1 Like

oh andā€¦ ā€œkalā€™doreiā€ LOL its as bad as saying ā€œkulā€™tirasā€ poggers bro

1 Like

Bro Iā€™ll destroy all of you with that apostrophe

pepehands

2 Likes

Can you guys really just stop criticizing the race called Kalā€™dorei, my bf Fenny wouldnā€™t appreciate it, thank you. :frowning:

bro. please.

pepehands

bro poggers fenny would appreciate this bro nice simping there bro

1 Like

BRO U GOTTA RUN HE TARGETING YOU OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

big cringe is about to be posted yikes

If more of us just played humans for rp we wouldnā€™t be in this mess, that fella was right.

weā€™re all waiting with high anticipation, but please donā€™t hurt yourself on the reply.

1 Like

Itā€™s funny how a GM like yourself for the past 3 months doesnā€™t have the balls to still acknowledge my name in game or out. You gathered quiet the assembly of RPers who dislike me. I did say some insulting things to you & donā€™t regret a single word, because youā€™re a negative person & had only risen to a strength of GM because the stormwind night elf community had no other options.
Iā€™m sure the many donā€™t trust my words, So I advise all who know Ilsarith to ask why he, a basic member who bragged about being in Anu Dorini Talah, was kicked from it weeks later. Making Drug & Alcohol comments in its guild chat apparently. After, he decided to arise some Drama, to steal some of its members and create the foundation to the night elf communities next guild to collapse eventually. Your members are only in it for the RP, my members are in it for the family & order I have created that everyone misjudges my opinions & ideas over first, before realizing the foundation that is my guild, which is separate from who I am and will not deny, is an imperfect person. I say things that hurt people because Iā€™m a GM of truth and not only do I hold responsibility, I hold honesty to the fullest with no hesitance. So if you think sharing what I said to you in the past will stop me from moving? Will it dig an inch in my nerves? It wonā€™t. I lead Guardians of Ashenvale, & we respect your guild, so be a man now because youā€™re a GM. Acknowledge my guild for the good, which has done what yours is attempting to do, ten fold.