A question about pre-patch character slots

Sorry but I haven’t seen this question addressed anywhere yet, if it has please point me in the right direction!

When the pre-patch drops, will we have 2 new character alt slots so we can roll a Blood Elf and/or Draenei, or am I going to have to delete two of my existing alts to make room? Yes I have all my slots filled up with crafting and banking alts, which I also play.

I believe there will be no new slots, but, rather than delete the toons, you can just send them over to the classic era realm.

In the version of reality that I am from, yes. But, in this timeline it was not until wrath that we got extra character slots and dual talents.

Actually if I remember right we didn’t get an 11th character slot until Pandaria, and full slots on a single server until like Legion or something…

Or were there even fewer than 10 per server before Wrath?

They’ll still exist on both realms. They’ll just show inactive on the one you didn’t pick.

I think it’s always been 10 at least

I’d figure they would exist separately kind of like deleted characters for the character restoration system. If they actually take up alt slots even while inactive that’s kinda garbage…

I made a support article where I copied and pasted blizzards own article. Blizzard is copying our toons to classic era for us. They will be inactive unless we use our free choice to make them active.

Per blizzard: WoW Classic characters that existed before the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch will each be automatically cloned onto their respective Classic Era realm. You don’t have to do anything.

Even a third timeline, nice.

This is the darkest timeline!

Well yeah I get that, what I mean is I assumed the characters would exist in a separate “list” - think like when you delete a character in retail, the data for them doesn’t just disappear even though they’re gone from your character list, and once per…week? Or two weeks? Something like that, you can restore any deleted character throughout your entire history with the game

I assumed the clone service would use a system similar to that, but your original post sounds like it’s implying the characters would be visible on the character list, taking up a slot even while inactive, which sounds really bad to me

Yeah your way would be smart… but it doesn’t seem to lean that way does it? Man the cracks really are starting to form if you know exactly how this is going to work. With the amount of confusion out there it’s going to be a powder keg on may 18.

Let’s go Rolling server crashes.

I think most people are going to log in to WoW classic not realizing they aren’t in tbc. I think most people are very misguided on how it works. Even on Reddit people are telling people “we just don’t know how it’s going to work” when we do know! It’s all there! People just haven’t looked it up!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.