[A]:: Occasionally Competent :: is recruiting!

"Please stop linking us pictures of geoducks."

Hi there, new friend. We’re :: Occasionally Competent :: and we’re recruiting! We’re a mixed social/PvE guild here on WrA that’s looking for social folks and raiders alike to join our family. Leadership is experienced, involved, and caring, so no matter where you fall on the game play spectrum you can be sure everyone is made to feel welcome. Our members come from a variety of backgrounds and we want everyone to feel comfortable in the community we’ve built. If this sounds interesting to you, keep reading!

Raiders

Current Needs

Tanks- Closed
Healers- Closed
RDPS- Limited: no priests, locks, or mages. Sorry!
MDPS- Open

Our progression team is AOTC-minded, having earned its achievement for every raid since its formation in Antorus. We raid Tues and Wed from 7p-9p server time (PST) and are looking for more folks to join in the fun. We’re a midcore chill team that is strong and goal oriented, but also doesn’t expect perfection and can take roadblocks in stride. One of our points of pride is the ability to balance each others strengths and weaknesses to overcome obstacles. You do not need to be a recent raider to join, you only need to be willing to learn and work in a team setting towards a common goal. We have many years of raid experience, spread across a variety of roles and classes, and are always willing to help others learn and grow. We are currently 12/12H for Nyan City, so we have another AOTC under our belt.

Since we raid for such a limited time, there is a small attendance requirement for those wanting a regular spot. If you’re looking to go as a core member, we ask for at least 75% attendance- the equivalent of 3/4 weeks, or 6/8 days, of raid nights. We are open to those who want to be able to flex (anywhere from one night a month and up) and we do our best to accommodate any flex players who are available and ready to raid come on raid night. We are also looking to build a small core for people who are interested in semi-casual m+, so don’t be afraid to reach out if this is your preferred content.

Social

Not interested in raiding? That’s okay! :: OC :: is open to social players of all classes and levels who are just looking for a chill place to hang their hat. Our guild hosts monthly giveaways, holiday parties, member of the month, and more. The goal is to make the guild itself, for all members, a fun and inclusive environment. Dead guilds are no fun, so we do ask that even social players be semi-active. Our hope is that you’ll enjoy our company and want to be involved in the good times.

Contact

If :: Occasionally Competent :: sounds like it could be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! Feel free to reach out to us any way you feel most comfortable and we’ll do our best to get into contact with you ASAP.

Sara- GM
Rìvèrsong- Social officer
Pavetta- Raid Officer
Zaeriel- Jack of All Trades

:panda_face:

5 Likes

Humpty bumpy sat on a wall. Everyone around him was falling, and groanin. No one for a hundred miles will ever eat oatmeal again. Not even those delicious frosty cookies. But they will get a bump. Because, we must now spread the hatred of oatmeal.

3 Likes

My guild has very strong feelings about oatmeal. But, in the end, we accept you for who you are… even if you are wrong and have a vendetta against this delicious oat stew.

Join us!

We seem to have overcome our over exaggerated hatred of oatmeal. Not really. But sounded like a good bump.

1 Like

Oh, hello new raid. It’s been a lot of fun and we still have room for folks who want to raid with us or are looking to just hang out :slight_smile:

No oatmeal, but perhaps some pop tarts!

We go sicko mode on a weekly basis :triumph: would recommend

3 Likes

We booped a snoot in heroic this week and have lots of different stuff on the calendar to do this month for raiders and socials alike. You should join us!

No disguised squirrels, please.

I wanna party with you dudes!

Still on the look out for new friends so don’t be afraid to say hello if you see us in game :slight_smile:

I’m interested! I main Ret/Prot Paladin.

1 Like

Whoops, here’s my main.

1 Like

Having /boop in game is an awesome thing.

If you join then I can drive-by boop you in Boralus! And Stormwind. And Ironforge. And everywhere else. I have no shame.

bumping for my homies

1 Like

Bump for the guild’s first birthday this week! We celebrated with a big party that had games and lots of prizes. We also learned that Africa by Toto was done with a mashup of Disney impressions.

What a time to be alive.

1 Like

So I was enjoying thirsty thursday with the guildies the other dayyys~

And we came to the conclusion that OC has had a wonderful year, culminating in one super soft birthday party. There have been trials, tribulations, and a whole lot of bad puns. Rhelly bad puns. Together, we have persevered thru trials such as a really elevated tank getting thrown off the ledge consistently in Antorus, to listening to endless rants about a certain demon hunter and his baby hands, culminating into one giant scrap with a blob of oatmeal which I still hate to this day and have nightmares about some paladin dropping oatmeal cookies onto my shiny new DK transmog. All of this, so we could have one giant super soft birthday party in which each guild member got to ride a donkey dressed up as a unicorn.

Wait.
Wait.
Wait a minute. Now just hold on one minute there. You didn’t go to our super soft birthday party? You’re not even in the guild? What’re you doing with your life bud? Oh I’m stomping the brakes, put that idea right through the windshield. How could you miss such adventures like Wednesday night endless karaoke featuring one song of the blessed rains? My random comments and philosophical debates that make absolutely no sense to anyone but myself? Wimzee’s phantastical drawings? The adventures of Plissman and Rhakka!?!?! It’s an absolute travesty, worst than the degens from up country! Rhelly man, you gotta fix this right now. But, to be ~faiiiiiiir~, you didn’t really find us until now. So we can’t hold that against ya.

So! Pitter patter, let’s get atter! Put in an application, and come enjoy this amazing family of guildies right now, as there really is nothing better than joining this amazing group of friends…
…Except watching kids fall of bikes. Heck, I can watch kids fall off bikes all day I don’t give a crap about your kids.

PITTER PATTER!

2 Likes

Bringing this back to the top!

Hi! I’m interested in joining. I’ll try to find you in game.

1 Like

Still looking for folks! Join us and you can hang out after the raid for what has become Story Time. Tonight we learned that one of the tanks is never allowed to tell jokes ever again.

Insert witty one-liner here.

3 Likes

Oh, hi thread. What are you doing all the way down here?