A New Hope for PvP Gear in SL?

Blizzard has finally responded to the community with a short summary of proposed changes that are being re-worked to fix the current PvP itemization and gearing process in SL.

A full link with Dev notes here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/development-update-the-road-to-shadowlands/638371

This is great news and acknowledgement coming from Blizzards part for responding to the PvP gearing in SL Beta. Although no news on exact changes have been announced, they propose possible solutions including “reworking the stat coverage of the vendor gear and/or providing PvP-specific bonuses through those items.” It isn’t mentioned, but grind times and honor/conquest requirements may also change to better reflect play time when compared to gearing speeds offered by PvE content.

The underlying issue still remains:
Will PvPer’s get rewarded for playing PvP type content in SL?

Its too soon to tell until exact details and numbers are released, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up. As released in the same Development Update:

“While WoW is an interconnected ecosystem of different content and systems and we feel that the very strongest characters should be the ones who participate and excel in a wide range of activities”

The way I read this, it is still the intention to ensure that the best PvP gear (at least to some degree not yet known) will still come from PvE game play. Hence, those who participate and excel in a wide range of activities.

I for one agree. I think the best players in Wow should be required to play both PvE and PvP content at high levels of competition to truly experience what WoW is about. I think its safe to assume even after these changes, some BIS PvP gear (not all) is going to come from dungeons/raids.

What do you think?

All BiS pvp gear should come from pvp. No one should be required to play both halves of the game if they dont want to.

If you want to use a PvE item in pvp it needs to come with some noticeable drawbacks.

4 Likes

I would disagree with some of what I think you are saying here. IMO players who raid, M+, and arena will get quicker access to gear as they have multiple sources of it. That should be the edge they get over other players for participating in all content. It should not mean a character is ultimately stronger and gets to be taken off the table as a potential kill target option because they have a tank trinket, or they get to force more cooldowns/get kills in ways other players can’t because they have access to an OP PvE weapon or dps trinket.

Playing multiple aspects of the game is also it’s own reward and doesn’t need further incentive. You get more content, more access to various cosmetic rewards, a larger social network within the game, etc. There’s no reason why all of that+gearing up faster for an edge over other players at the start of seasons isn’t enough of a reward for people who legitimately enjoy and participate in all end game content.

Pretty sure this is just Jinluz 2.0.

I kinda think it’s Murk’s alt account.

1 Like

lol it’s actually so hard to tell who is trolling anymore because of how screwed up people’s perceptions have become in PvP due to Blizzard’s negligence. BfA has reinforced some wild beliefs and cultivated some massively undeserved egos.

2 Likes

If this ends up being the case then I can easily live with it depending on what is meant by ‘some’. A couple of trinkets or a weapon from a raid being better than their PvP alternative is more than fine with me, so long as they aren’t corruptions levels of broken.

Welcome to yesterday’s news topics

PVP’rs should have always had the opportunity to obtain the same gear as raiders, so many of us do not care for raiding and when pvp gear was eliminated several players, including myself were left behind while the hard core and moderate raiders & hard core mythic runners could gear up and run the pvp arena’s & battlegrounds, we should with impunity and didn’t necessarily need to be good at it, hard core & moderate pvp’rs were left in the dust to scrounge out world quest gear. I am truly glad you gave us back pvp gearing up abilities again. I hope pvp gear will be updated like raid gear is, as we advance and they open new raids to end game, that has been the true issue with pvp gear, no end-game upgrades like in raids.