N.a 10char

10characters

4 Likes

Cool video!

LF 1 mage.

High need for paladins

So i may be interested in running with yall currently leveling a mage for end game raiding hoping to make it to naxx with a competant guild once again. I do have an additional person whos leveling mage with me for a bench position or possible full time which can be discussed if interested. Feel free to add me in game

Bombadil#1864

Recruiting 2 h paladins

Still seeking paladins

LFM

10char

We are recruiting

So you put forth a Valiant effort at a guild… put in some good time organizing things etc etc, and you amass a good roster ready to go… you name it “Brave”

But mister guildmaster… you forgot one thing… YOUR reputation matters in this game… and you ruind yours be abandoning groups… being a jerk in groups, and treating your guild members like dirt… so your Guild implodes and everyone leaves because they are tired of your BS

Soo… you re-roll the guild… under a new name “Might”… and try to draw in a bunch more suckers to do your biding… Sorry but, your reputation is set on this server… you might have more luck somewhere else… Id stay away from Might if i were you…

Actually, you’re wrong. And just a lot of assumptions and insinuations based on no evidence. I also do not understand why you are posting in animosity.

I actually lead a really tight guild with a really well rounded roster. I did a good job handling each person individually. Knowing exactly what each member was joining for, what their intentions were, and always being as responsive as possible

Half of the roster left after I silenced and removed a player that was being rude to me personally on multiple occasions over the course of 2 days because this person did not receive a rank he thought he rightfully deserved.

After doing this, this sparked a wave of people who were friends with that player to follow suit because they didn’t agree or felt like I wasn’t being transparent on that decision.

It was my mistake for not filling in the roster why I took on those actions. At the time I though it would be best to just keep it out of guild chat. But again, I was wrong in that judgement.
based on that reflection, I’ve changed a few rules and how I would handle those types of situations better.

After half of the roster left, I went offline for a bit and weighed some options and spoke with my brother who was also part of the guild.

What we decided is that I would pass Brave to my brother Bubbleoseven, his wife and his personal friends to better fit their availability and that I would re create a guild fresh as Might and bring with me those who did not leave.

i was in your guild… your kidding yourself

the guild was great… but there were MULTIPLE flags raised to myself and other guild member’s about YOU, only YOU, but i and others looked past it

Then we strated grouping at higher levels… and time and time again ran into people that had put you on ignore for being an atrocious group member, bailing, throwing fits over others play, and just being a jerk

you blamed the guy you silenced for talking us all into leaving, but we had never actually even spoke to him… it wasnt the fact you did it… it was what you said in guild when you did that made it all seem so true… if you were that childish and ugly with a guild member… theres no doubt you treat everyone else terribly or even worse

it was pretty easy to assume. Also, you’re still posting in animosity

If a handful of players have me on ignore, I don’t think that’s indicative enough to make “red flags”, but whatever those flags were - they were never communicated with me personally.
I always made myself available, and I was always available in the general voice chat in Discord and not a single time was any of your concerns or any other concerns raised.
And I still am. if you want to talk, hit me up in-game and I’ll join any voice and talk to you or a group of people.

Generally questions were asked about the roster or raid rules, and always had a mutual understanding. Anything beyond that I was never asked.
The only thing that was really debated was why I was more strict on social members. My answer to that was always the same, that I was recruiting based on intentions. Limiting players on this was maybe a mistake, so for Might I’ve lifted this, but still primarily a raiding guild.

If there was anything people disagreed with, nobody was there beyond their own will. They were welcome to go as they pleased.

Letting anything that needed answers to but unwilling to ask and just letting it turn into conspiracy, assumptions or insinuations is not my responsibility because i cannot read minds.
If you have something, you most certainly didn’t contact me. Choosing to let something fester is your decision that I cannot control.

I want to mention that loot was is on a /roll basis. Even the legendaries. Most G.leaders who are warriors would just give themselves the Thunderfury the second a binding dropped, but I didn’t do that. I just said “all tanks can roll on it evenly given you meet attendance standards” along with everything else. So when you mentioned before “Do your bidding” I don’t quite understand this, since everyone was on a even playing field. The same rules apply with Might on that note.

With that said, thank you for bumping my thread.

When you’re willing to talk or try to resolve something instead of peddling some narrative, let me know.
Until then, this is my last reply on the subject on this thread.

Lets Bump It Up!

Life is too short for bad feelings. Westfall is s good server full of many different personalities.

The past is in the past. Just Let It Go

Good luck with recruitment.

Thanks, Elsa. We’re doing well for our first day recruiting for Might.

I was also in your previous guild, Brave. I never spoke to the person you muted as well. I left because the proof you posted to defend yourself convinced me you cannot be trusted to fairly run a guild.

You asked players to apply for being the guild crafter for professions. You had one person apply for Engineering. Then you gave it to a friend that did not apply, who was significantly lower in level for both profession and character. You then told the person you silenced that you did this because you know the person.

That’s right. Your explanation for why you did it was because they were a friend. This raised flags for everyone about the kind of fairness we can expect in the future. You say you will not gift yourself the Thunderfury drops, but you showed everyone that rules simply do not apply to you, or protect the guild members. I think I know what you will do the next time you have to choose between your established rules or benefiting yourself and friends.

If you had opened this up for discussion with the guild, I’m willing to bet enough players would have said what you did was unfair. Instead, you silenced the player who questioned you, and then hid the whole thing from everyone.

You refused to let most players join who weren’t raiding, you demanded we raid 12 hours a week, with no more than one missed raid a month, and you silenced the first person to question you.

Then after all of that, you quit your own guild, and said you are leaving WoW forever.

Now here we are a few days later, and you are trying to do this again. A sane person would at least roll a new character or try a different server.

This is untrue. They applied under a different discord name - most members on Discord had different aliases - originally that person applied as Enchanting and awt the top of the page it even said “Enchanting not available”, but there was a mixup with characters and the change to Engineering was just last minute and me not correcting that on the apps page was an overlook and a mistake; and I explained this. And yes, I chose someone who I had known through WoW (not personal) for close to 10 years; someone I knew who was going to be active and raiding full time.

And being Engineer - there are no recipe’s or plans from a raiding environment that I’m even aware of.

Those positions were not even considered leadership. They had no say or leverage or anything. They were meant as people for the rest of the roster to know who they could seek out for specific things to be crafted, enchanted or whatever.

All other crafting positions were given out to people I did not know nearly as well.

My own brother did not have much leverage in the guild because he was listed as a part time raider, his wife had zero, and I actually de-Ranked 2 IRL friends (Stankturtle and Warrilegend) because of inactivity. So favoritism isn’t even part of the equation.

Your insinuations are just regurgitated talking points that were never brought up to me personally. I always made myself available and I was always very responsive in G.chat, whispers or Discord.
Rather, people chose to speculate behind my back and expecting me to read minds. It’s just doesn’t work that way.

I never moderated discussions in guild, other than absolutely nothing political, disrespectful or whatever - standard rules.
And again, I was always available in Discord and in game. Individuals inability to reach out to me is not my responsibility.

I gave people 2 and a half weeks to apply. What few did, I chose. It’s really as simple as that.
The player who got upset instant knee-jerk reaction 5 minutes after passing out these ranks was to bombard me with condescending messages about why he deserved something over another person. Then continued to have an attitude about literally every single harmless thing I said in any chat platform.

This is when I finally got fed up on the second day and silenced him.
My mistakes were this:

1. Instead of silencing him, I should have just removed him outright.
  2. I should have communicated with the guild in that moment on that decision.

Immediately going to leadership and saying you deserve something is a good way to not get what you want.

Mistakes were made, and overall the situation could have been handled better on both sides. If you’re looking for a person to lead you who is 100% infallible at all times, this just simply doesn’t exist.
I’ve already recognized where I made mistakes, now the other party should do the same.

Pointing fingers isn’t going to resolve any issue, and any attempt to talk to someone in Discord has failed every single turn I’ve made.

This is correct and incorrect.
I was recruiting based on intentions. If they didn’t want to raid, then there was no need for me to micromanage a social Facebook group. Again, nobody was there against their own will. If they didn’t like this, they had the free will to leave.

I did not demand 12 hours a week. There would be 12 raiding days per 30 days. I asked for 80% attendance.
40 people in 1 raid, and each member being allowed to miss 2-3 days a month is more than reasonable. This was also listed in the guild raiding rules - you agreed on the rules the moment you signed up to be part of my roster.

But I’ma actually glad you brought this up, because this tells me you didn’t read any of the rules and raid rules and other sticky’s that were in clear view that I repeatedly told people to read.
My new discord raider signups channels is now formatted like this:

NAME:

ROLE:

CLASS:

UNDERSTANDING OF RAID TIMES AND RULES:

If there’s anything else you have, I’d be more than happy to indulge you.

You want to “Indulge” me? Okay.

As you said, you they asked for enchanting, not engineering. You reserved that before opening the application process. Then you gave them engineering. You told us Blacksmith and enchanting was off the table(one for you and one for your friend), then changed the rules. You admit to doing what caused all of this, and then tell me this is not true…

It was 12 hours of raiding. 6:30 to 10:30 T,W,T. And you are right about 80% attendance. I did read all of your announcements. I also read the one that changed those rules and required attendance at all but one every month to be eligible for loot.

Wrong. You should have NOT changed the rules of applying for something to benefit a friend. You also should have discussed the error and asked what everyone felt was the right thing to do.

I read your conversation with the offending party. He wasn’t being demanding. He was asking for justification. You basically said “Because I said so, now shut up.” When he didn’t, you acted like a child.

And when things got worse, you lashed out, rage quit YOUR OWN GUILD, swore to leave WoW for good, and then returned a few days later.

On that last point alone, I would never want you leading a guild I am part of. You failed to deal with the very first conflict you had, and threw a temper tantrum on the way out. I don’t think you have the temperament to lead, and I am basing this on the actions you already displayed as a leader.

You said the person did not apply at all.

This is indeed not true. There was a mixup at the end of the day, and that’s where I made the mistake to not edit the message at the top of the apps page.

I guess I’ll have to repeat that for the third time, and I anticipate the fourth.

This is completely 100% untrue and taken out of context. I never stated this.

I changed rules surrounding Legendary items and legendary items only, and when i did make the change (or for any changes at all), I created an MOTD saying “Changes made in the [insert channel name here] please go read them.”

Since it was very common to be rotating out people, including main tanks and healers, I said for those wanting legendary loot required a 90% attendance per 30 day cycle.
I changed this because of how often people were being replaced for those specific positions.

Again, this is not unreasonable. If you disagreed, then it was never brought to my attention.

Next…

Found the 4th. I never changed the rules. The mistake I made on the Engineering/Enchanting mixup was my fault, and I should have corrected that mistake.

I’ll be looking for a 5th now.

He was being demanding. I have the screenshot of the conversation here, and not once did i say “because said so, now shut up.”

htt ps: //imgur .c om/Su loNIh

(Remove spaces)

The reasons I gave him were the exact same reasons I’ve already told you here on the forum.

The only thing I’m doing at this point is repeating myself.

Also let me reiterate:

Just to reflect a little bit: This is about who was granted engineer rank, which is in no way a leadership position and mostly a self serving profession that has no benefits to take away from raids.

It was started literally 5 minutes after I ranked people.
There’s two types of engineers: Goblin and Gnomish. I fully intended to find ranks for the opposite of the two, including with Blacksmithing armor/weapon.

instead of giving it time, I just got knee jerk reactions to it.

If this is how you react to something so trivial and minor - I’m curious how things will work out for you once you handle more important things.