A lot of Night Elves on Story forum :)

Is it just me or did the darkshore/night warrior feel hastily put together because of the backlash that was on the forums from WoT?

4 Likes

Yep, I have 3 of them in my stable, including 2 rares from Val’Sharah. and one gryphon.

2 Likes

Oh the Night Warrior scenario. I was so hyped tracking Tyrande, following Maiev and Shandris, watching the massacre Tyrande left in her path. How she wiped everyone with one move. Then Malfurion comes in and I thought OMG they are going to fight together which makes them pretty much unbeatable and to top that they had Elune herself pouring all her power on them only to have Nathanos mock them and get away with his mission accomplished. Why Blizzard? Why?

5 Likes

It did to me. Even Terran Gregory’s interview felt rushed. They aren’t fooling anyone, we’ve always known that the only alliance fantasy that matters to them is the MHP that they’ve catered too since wrath. The very first story PTR change in the history of the game happened because of nelf/forsaken fan backlash.

The night elf RP community flatlined before the expansion even dropped, and for every angry night elf poster i see, several players and posters leave the game for good. I think i am the only night elf player on the discord who still has an active account anymore. Blizzard has taken fans of one of the most popular races for granted, even the Blue posters publicly took cheapshots at us. And now, possibly only because of sub losses, they have been throwing us bones; hoping that alone will patch the leak.

We are basically third-class customers to them.

True that. I have all possible reps to exalted, and every Hippogryph mount available - except the Cloudwing Hippogryph, that one continues to elude me even after having lost count of how many Court of Farondis paragon caches I have opened.

Each Hippogryph mount is paired up with one of my alts, and I only have the Hippogryph mounts favorited so they show up in my Garrison Stable whenever I go back to hang out with all my Night Elf followers.

3 Likes

I remember seeing the Piles of Ashes jokes… Like too soon from a Dev or Blue Poster. i dont expect anything different from other players though, we all have our fun at poking eachother.

5 Likes

True to that. I paid one more month this time because my friends convinced me to make a classic character so I reserved my name just in case but I’ve been unsubscribed for months.

Still I’m following the story in hopes it gets better somehow.

2 Likes

i just have hopes that it gets better, i stayed subbed for the Night elf plate armor set.

If they do anything even worse than what we have going now, i’ll be done. The Novella makes the night elves pretty terrifying to fight from the hordes perspective… until 3/4 the way thru then they become incompetent.

3 Likes

They don’t become incompetent. They’re simply facing Saurfang conqueror of Shattrah, Stormwind, and Orgrimmar, who has just completed the ultimate in pincer maneuvers.

I think it’s more a consequence of the story not having any hard numbers. Not even any soft numbers. Not even any consistency in named characters or defenses. cough the Vindicaar cough

When you know the writers can pull as many troops as they want out of… well, out of thin air, then its gets annoying to be told that you lose because the other side has always had the advantage as of a few seconds ago. Especially when things like the Vindicaar exist, aren’t used, and aren’t even mentioned.

There are plenty of ways to write the Vindicaar out if they wanted to, but no attempt was made. There wasn’t a bunch of Horde magi teleporting the ship around, like many posters have proposed, to keep it away from the battlefield. There wasn’t even a lone draenei NPC saying ‘sorry, we ran out of gas - too many players stopped doing their argunite weekly.’

And Saurfang being a tactical genius? I can buy that, but that only makes the scenario a little less bitter, because he never even had to use this tactical genius. Because apparently the Alliance is busy staring off into space and drooling while their known powers lie dusty on the shelf. Blizzard can be great at callbacks - I love all the troll speakers in Zuldazar, as just one example - so it makes it that much more disappointing when obvious opportunities are missed.

I don’t expect a novel on why each individual weapon/character wasn’t present, but I would like at least a few examples.

And if they really wanted to make the Horde/Alliance war work, then I wish the factions would have expended all their plot nukes during the fight with the Legion (heck, even mentioning it offhand would do!), so there was a visible reason for why they don’t pull out all the stops now.

2 Likes

This is the best line ever written for Tyrande since wc3. And coincides with Kaldorei psychology. Kalimdore is their concern.

3 Likes

When you start as a Lightforged Draenei, you start on the Vindicaar. if you take a full tour of the ship, you’ll find that the modules that were put on by the Champion on Argus, including the Big Gun, are no longer there.

And Shandris Feathermoon used to be kitable to Orgrimmar, where she could kill Warchief Garrosh. Does that mean that lorewise she could have ended the war singlehandedly? Tsk, tsk - How shameful of her to hold back and drag the war out. I guess we know who’s really to blame for everything that happened since then.

Back to a serious note: I think this portrayal of the Vindicaar is a good start, but I think it needs at least a sentence about it to show why it really wasn’t used in lore. (Or where the gun and modules went, if they were removed.)

5 Likes

That’s so dumb, why would you remove the weapons systems? That’s how the golden version of the ship got shot out of the sky.

1 Like

It fleshed out magic so well. I love that novel for the world/setting building.

1 Like

I always love the story of Azshara, not the 8.2 stuff but everything before.

4 Likes

No… it got shot out because it wandered right into the sights of a Legion gun. IF that shot had impacted the Vindicaar, it would have gone down, weapons or not… the only reason the Vindicarr wasn’t shot down is because you the Champion made sure they never got a second shot off.

Presumably the modules were removed for a good reason…such as the Army of the Light traveling to other worlds to hunt down the Legion remnants, while the Lightforged Draenei get to have something they haven’t had fo rmillennia… a home.

Didn’t the first ship have no defences at all though? Weapons, shields, whatever? I know I was specifically referencing the weapon in this case but it just seemed like it warped in and sat there with nothing to defend itself from attack.

1 Like

The ship at that point in time had the exact same defenses as the Vendicar… none.

The Vendicar’s only defense was and remained… the Champion.

I swear we had a shield at least. We were being shot at on arrival or some such.