A lot of Night Elves on Story forum :)

The Night Elves have a pretty deep roster.

Malfurion and Maiev are among the most interesting characters in the series. Illidan has many fans. Tyrande is a powerhouse. Jarod is competent - and pretty cool. Shandris is not too bad. Farondis, Thalyssra, and Azshara are also part of Night Elven lore.

BC is my favorite expac. My character approaching an imprisoned Maiev in Shadowmoon was one of the best Night Elf related moments I experienced. It was great to be part of her plot to take down Illidan!

Malfurion breaking out of Xaviusā€™s little gem was kind of surreal. That is pretty nifty.

2 Likes

So many! Lots of which have already been touched on already from the War of the Ancients, WC3, etc.

But if I had to give a nod to something in one of my favorite events now that hasnā€™t been addressed yet, itā€™s the 8.1 music for the Darkshore Warfront. The music, whoever did it created a masterpiece in a game already full of amazing musical scores.

If youā€™ve ever leveled a Night Elf or spent any time in the zones over the last 15 years of this game youā€™ll immediately recognize the old themes questing around Shadowglen, Dolanaar, Auberdine, etc. Subtly, (and this is the great thing about music in video games) it reinforces the idea of what youā€™re fighting for. This is all mixed and woven into a more hard-hitting score, with more emphasis on drums a la more recent tracks such as Nightsong that subtly reinforce the kind of the kind of heightened, war-torn state that is currently present on Azeroth, =D For me at least, it really helped make this one of the most memorable events in a game full of them!

5 Likes

I really hate that they changed this. I need to find the original version.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not the original version?!

What, was Malf getting his butt handed to him in this instance as well before retcons? Did he get stabbed in the back by Random Felguard no.67,895 in the original or blown out of the sky by Random Highborne Mage no. 5,052?

Please donā€™t ruin Malfurion for me further than the current writers already have. Heā€™s already been having it rough as is.

1 Like

The writers have been ruining everything unfortunately. He was pretty much BA and scared the crap out of the horde soldiers in a good war.

4 Likes

Now him and a god-powered Tyrande combined canā€™t even kill Nathanos, or at the very least put him out of commission.

It must really suck to be a Night elf fan, right now.

You have literal nature gods and living trees in your back pocket, but arenā€™t allowed to use them for the sake of narrative parity.

5 Likes

I am one of the few Nathanos fans on this board and even I think Nate should have gotten blown away by Tyrande, Valkā€™yr buff and all.

7 Likes

HuMAn pOTentIAL.

3 Likes

Oh man, I remember playing WC 3 when it came out and slogging through all the campaigns thinking when the h*ll am I going to get to play the Night Elf chapter?

Then WoW came out and yeah no question, Nelf Hunter out of the gate. First character I made when I started WoW, a hunter, and mained until mid legion when I moved over to the DH.

2 Likes

I used to be a Night Elf on this forum (Lumenia) before faction changing to play with IRL friends. (Really sad about it, tbh.)

I love pretty much all NE lore but most recently loved the Darkshore cinematic with Malfurion. Iā€™ve recently been reading the Well of Eternity trilogy and have been immensely enjoying that as well.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why leveling a NE is such a bittersweet experience in WoW. When you quest you are made to feel so proud to belong to such a powerful race. The path through revamped cata is amazing as you see all the devaatation given by both Deathwing and the Horde but you are able to turn things around and reclaim everything. Hyjal is a thrill because you see the combining forces of the kaldorei along side their Demigods. That moment when the wild gods were holding off the Twilights followed by Cenarius one shotting them all is a dream come true. You have firelands where Malfurion and Cenarius join forces to defeat Ragnaros. MoP had amazing promises for Tyrande and the Night elves and even The War of Thorns is a good example of why Kaldorei are such a powerful race because they were able to hold the entire Horde while being outnumbered 8:1 and still the horde suffered more losses.

The bitter part of all these is that we are not allowed to experience our gains so we are left with such hard work done with no rewards. So far im still waiting for the WoT to give something good to my race and not to develope someone else.

4 Likes

No that is the original version. It changed endev Knack wrote the WotA trilogy. Mal was still pulling off feats of power but the battle with Azshara didnā€™t happen.

I need to go back through this one because I missed some of it. I remember her and Varian at the temple and her charging into Orgrimmar but thatā€™s it.

You need to rep up the Cenarians if you want their mount which is a classic Night Elf mount. (Burning Crusade Timewalking Tokens can help) The Cenarian War Hyppogryph was my go to war mount until I got the Teldrassil one which matches my armor. Its till is my go to mount for my Night Elf Druid. I remember how I busted my tail off to squeeze every bit of Cenarian rep I could get to get that mount.

Come to think of it, that mount matched my Furious PVP set rather nicely.

Also, hyppogryphs are now Hunter tameable once you get the book.

Also thereā€™s one or two bits of Night elf humor there as well, which is rare as henā€™s teeth.

4 Likes

Helping Mylune save forest critters.

No, really.

4 Likes

Lol the dryads are kind of nice comic relief :joy:

2 Likes

I mean, sheā€™s a dryad so sheā€™s like 50% night elfā€¦ from the waist upā€¦ that counts as a Night Elf story/event right? :rofl:

4 Likes

Night elf best elf. And best night elf is Maiev.

Perhaps someday Iā€™ll get to play those savage, primal elves that Grom Hellacream described in Warcraft 3

Truth. Its hard to have any sort of ā€œprideā€ when you are conditioned to expect a beating whenever you start to like something about the race you picked at the starting screen. Night elf players associate ā€œdevelopmentā€ with abuse since cataclysm. It reminds me of a abused dog who yelps when someone tries to pet it. Nor does it help that ā€œfaction prideā€ is basically stormwind racial pride.

8 Likes

Pitching the bears out of trees was pretty funā€¦ and the humorous side quote you get if you managed not to make too many go splat.

4 Likes

Iā€™m having some bad flashbacks of trying to save rabbits and squirrels from a fiery death. By the fifth for sixth time doing that quest I was ready to dine on roast rabbit and squirrel.

But I do love Mylune. I had to save those critters for her every single time I went through there. I didnā€™t want her to give me the Big Eyes.

4 Likes

ā€œTyrandeā€¦ā€

ā€œDonā€™t think weā€™re here to save you Troll. Weā€™re here for Kalimdor!ā€

Oh for real?

3 Likes