[A] LF no world buff guild

Are there any guilds out there that run no world buffs but still push for strong, efficient clears?

I’m not looking for a casual guild. I still want to clear somewhat fast and for people to at least know how to play their class and be able to do it well without world buffs.

I am a Human Rogue and I’m pretty decently geared for P5 with full 2.5.

3 Likes

Are you looking for no pressure to get world buffs or are you looking for strictly no WBs for parsing matters

The latter. I can find the former pretty much within any casual guild.

edit: I am OP

Probably not, honestly. World buffs are the biggest part of efficient clears. And who would want to be in a guild where they were told they have to intentionally gimp themselves?

1 Like

You can full clear BWL in less than an hour with 0 world buffs and you can full clear an AQ40 in less than 1.5 hours with 0 world buffs.

The content is old, everything is figured out from top to bottom and that is what is far more important than anything else to efficiently clearing content. World buffs are still just a crutch or only for those extreme speed clears that so many people find anti-fun.

2 Likes

Sure, and that’s why a lot of guilds don’t require it. But to tell people they’re not allowed to get world buffs is far less fun in my opinion.

1 Like

I think it’s really a matter of perspective. I find the whole process of getting world buffs to be really unfun. Actually I haven’t met a single person that enjoys it. Most will say, they just do it because they have to.

3 Likes

Nobody who cares about efficiency is not taking world buffs to raids lol

First time was pretty cool, having hundreds of people on the zeppelin. After that… yeah.

It’s not so bad sometimes. When you have confirmed and guaranteed drops at set times it can take as little as 30 minutes.

When you’re waiting around for a heart buff all day… we’ll thats a different story!

Herod normally has DMT, ZG Island/BB,DMF summons and drops are listed on the server discord and completed usually between 1-3 minutes of the agreed upon time.

Yeah, I have found myself waiting some times hours for a heart to drop. It’s quite rough.

Top it all off with the fact that my server is on the larger side and there are endless amounts of people whose life goal is to grief world buffs either via dispelling or zerg groups to kill you. It makes getting world buffs really dreadful unless you have summons everywhere.

No, because purposely not getting world buffs is the exact opposite of a strong, efficient clear.

No one competes seriously in the no world buffs category. It’s there for casual dadgamers, not tryhards.

1 Like

People need to stop speaking in absolutes because like I have already stated before in this thread, 16 years of accumulated game knowledge/theorycraft is far more important than world buffs to clearing things efficiently and the real reason why things are cleared fast now.

The reason why world buff stacking is even effective at all is because guilds know exactly what to expect now and not wipe continuously while learning lol…

8 Likes

It’s there for casual dadgamers, not tryhards.

That’s incorrect. Casual dad guilds don’t care about parses/logs in the first place so they wouldn’t be checking the no world buff category anyway.

Also, you can still have a strong and efficient clear without world buffs. You have a skewed perception of it all simply because having world buffs is what you are used to and you probably feel like it’s the only meta.

3 Likes

If you think there is more than one meta, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what “meta” even means.

1 Like

There can be more than one meta within multiple ecosystems, so to speak. It just depends on what the end goal is.

When it comes to speed clearing, the meta is stacking more than half the raid with warriors and getting world buffs on all raid members.

Speed clearing without world buffs is a different story and doesn’t follow the cookie cutter comps or strats used when clearing with world buffs. Therefore, the meta is different.

So it is confirmed you don’t know what meta means. I’ll illuminate you. META: Most Effective Tactic Available.

Purposely refusing to obtain buffs that grant your character significant power is, by definition, not meta.

Also, Warriors are still the best DPS even without world buffs. Even if you wanted to be the only guild competing seriously in the no world buff category, you’d use the exact same raid comp as actual competitive groups.

1 Like

You misunderstand me. Speed clearing with the intent of doing it without world buffs means getting world buffs in the first place is NOT part of the meta.

Refusing to get world buffs because you don’t want to get them is totally different than not getting them for the purpose of speed clearing without them.

Again, different metas for different end goals.

In the context of “having buffs makes you stronger,” the only two options being “get them” and “don’t get them,” “don’t get them” can never be meta. There is no “meta when not world buffed.” That’s not a thing, nor can it ever be, because of what the term actually means.

Every other meta decision you’re making beyond that does not invalidate that point, be it stacking Warriors, using consumables, having 40 Engineers, etc.

Regardless, we’ve strayed a bit from the topic, so I’ll attempt to get us back on course by reiterating: there are no guilds that are seriously competitive in the no world buff category.

What you (I assume you’re the OP’s alt) are asking for simply does not exist. There are zero guilds that have a strict no world buff rule that will otherwise mandate the various other forms of meta gameplay. I doubt there are many guilds that strictly mandate no world buffs in the first place, let alone those that do so and otherwise want to try hard.

We just have different outlooks on how meta can be interpreted. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

There are zero guilds that have a strict no world buff rule

This is not true. I have seen several EU guilds that have switched from requiring full world buffs to specifically running no world buffs in all of their raids.

In NA, I know of a couple horde side guilds that did the same and still push to be the best they can be.

Unfortunately, my rogue is neither horde or in EU so I couldn’t join any of those guilds. I’ve seen some US alliance guilds trying out the parses in the no world buff category but doesn’t look like that’s specifically how they run all the time.

Even so, I wouldn’t mind getting fully buffed once a month for DMF week just to flex.