⚓ [A] Kul Tiras Marines - Kul Tiran RP/PvP/PvE

Another successful, fun filled evening of putting Horde filth in their place alongside our allies from Clan Battlehammer

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/328760680419164161/460634844884631572/unknown.png
Excerpt from Kul Tiras Marine Field Manual: Interrogation Techniques

VI. Shipboard Interrogation Techniques

In addition to the interrogation techniques discussed above, having a prisoner on-board a ship poses some challenges given space constraints and that typical interrogation tools are not readily available. Here are a few methods of corporal punishment that have proven useful in the past:

Prow Chaining
The prisoner is chained to the prow with his feet just above the waterline. As the ship is underway, waves will continually crash into the prisoner, both depriving them of sleep and also putting them into a state of continued duress. Prisoners should be positioned such that they are not at significant danger of actually drowning, simply such that they cannot sleep to simulate the effects of sleep deprivation techniques.

Keelhauling
The prisoner is tied to a line, which is then looped underneath the vessel either from Bow to Stern, or Port Side to Starboard Side - depending on how severely the prisoner needs to be punished. The prisoner is then thrown overboard and dragged underwater over the keel as he is pulled to the opposite end. Getting dragged over barnacles and other sea-borne growth attached to the underside of the vessel will cause various lacerations on the prisoner while being dragged, and he should be a bloodied, exhausted mess when he emerges on the other side.

Walking the Plank
An option for Familiar Executions while onboard a ship, the threat of walking the plank in shark infested waters is enough to turn even the most hardened and defiant prisoner. A long plank is extended out the side of the ship, and a prisoner is made to walk down the plank until he simply has to jump into the water. The longer the better so that the subject of the interrogation gets extra time to consider whether to relent and surrender information while his fellow prisoner begs and pleads for salvation. The prisoner who is walking the plank should should have his feet bloodied with fish hooks to ensure that the blood will attract sharks to his location, and that the prisoner is eaten from the feet up to prolong the punishment before he is finally dragged down into the deep.
Excerpt from Kul Tiras Marine Field Manual: Interrogation Techniques

V. Enhanced Interrogation Techniques

Enhanced Interrogation Techniques are best used when information is urgently needed to save lives that are in immediate danger, such as on the battlefield or when we have reason to believe that an attack is imminent. They can also be used over an extended period of time against particularly dangerous prisoners who require that little extra bit of attention to be persuaded to cooperate.

The following techniques can be applied in unison and in any combination as deemed most effective by the interrogator:

Sleep Deprivation
Allow only the most minimum amount of sleep to keep the prisoner from dying or going insane. They may be allowed a full night of sleep only if they provide useful information. Sleep deprivation can be most easily accomplished by throwing buckets of freezing cold water on the prisoner's face while they sleep while simultaneously shinning bright lights and sounding loud horns right in their face.

Sensory Deprivation
A prisoner should be locked in a completely dark room with no windows and where no sound can be heard from adjacent rooms. This will force the prisoner to focus on their plight, and give them no way of escaping or being distracted from the thoughts circulating in their head. Sensory deprivation also enhances the effects of the sleep deprivation technique covered above.

Forced Feeding
Some prisoners will refuse eating as a way of resisting their captors. Prisoners must learn that resistance is futile, and if forced feeding must be done to reinforce this reality, then they will be forced to eat one way or another. If a prisoner induces themselves to vomit as a way of resisting force feeding, then the food will be ground up into a fine paste and forced into their body through their back side. Eventually the prisoner will prefer to simply eat the food as we dictate it rather than be subjected to the humiliation of forced feeding through their back side.

Light Corporal Punishment
Subjecting prisoners to physical discomforts outlined above can and should be supplemented with some light corporal punishment, be it in the form of punches, slaps, kicks and some light cuts and slashes. Light corporal punishment should be the default response to the prisoner refusing to provide information, with incrementally more intense pain and strikes being inflicted as the interrogation proceeds. If a prisoner gives the interrogator information - then light corporal punishment should be ceased temporarily while the information is evaluated for veracity and usefulness. If the information provided is discovered to be untrue - then Intense Corporal Punishment will be inflicted on the prisoner to train them to refrain from providing false information as a way of avoiding light corporal punishment.

Intense Corporal Punishment
This is one of the final and most forceful methods of punishing a prisoner - and should not be used frequently as it is best to reserve it as a deterrent for providing false information during interrogations. The punishments should be long-lasting, such as broken bones, amputated appendages and extremities, teeth or nails being pulled out, hot irons being pressed against the skin with words such as "LIAR" to make the prisoner reflect on why they have been punished. In the event that Intense Corporal Punishment is ineffective from keeping the prisoner from lying, then the final step will be Familiar Execution.

Familiar Execution
If a prisoner has become extremely defiant and refuses to comply even with intense corporal punishment, then one of their fellow prisoners - one who is familiar to the captive, will be brought into the holding area. At this time, the prisoner will be instructed that if they refuse to surrender the information being provided, that their fellow prisoner will be executed in front of them. Intense Corporal Punishment will then be initiated against the other prisoner while the subject observes. Ask the other prisoner if he has any family such as a wife or children to try and coerce sympathy and mercy from the subject being interrogated. If the prisoner still refuses, then their captive will be executed as they watch. If this is done in a holding cell, then the decapitated head will be left in the cell with the prisoner - and a small candle lit next to it so the prisoner can continue to see the fruits of their defiance.
Excerpt from Kul Tiras Marine Field Manual: Naval Technology

I. Foreword from the Editor

Kul Tiras is widely regarded as the premier naval power in the world, boasting the largest and most powerful fleets, the largest and most capable shipyards, as well as the most disciplined and battle-proven crews of sailors and marines anywhere on Azeroth.

This Technical Publication is intended for enlisted and officers to better understand the capabilities and limitations of their respective vessels, and apply this knowledge for optimal effect against enemy forces. This manual will be revised as new technologies arise and supersede existing methods and designs.

~ GySgt. Franz Von Fizzlevolt, CHENG, 5th MRB

Table of Contents
I. Foreword from the Editor
II. Fundamentals of Naval Engineering
III. Fundamentals of Shipbuilding
IV. Surface Ships
V. Submarines
VI. Aerial Units
VII. Enemy Vessels

II. Fundamentals of Naval Engineering

Naval Engineering is the discipline of designing, building and operating ships to perform a particular function - in this case the destruction of enemy military assets and the survival of the ship's crew. Naval Engineers will design the ship so that it is able to maintain proper balance and buoyancy in a wide array of ocean conditions, while also retaining the speed and maneuverability to defeat enemy vessels.

Standard Kul Tiran ship design philosophy will include the following features in almost all ships, starting from the Bow (front of the ship) to the Aft (back of the ship):

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/1431797/modules/forum/attachments/ktship_1525471764.jpg

1. Forward
The front section of the ship, includes the Forecastle and Prow.

2. Prow
The Prow is the forward-most part of the ship which cuts through water. Some ships will also include an ornamental wood carving along the prow or an extension for attaching a longitudinal headsail for maneuverability (most commonly featured on destroyers or fast frigates).

3. Forecastle (or Focsle)
The Focsle is a raised part on the bow, typically with an upper deck where crew can operate from and living quarters for the ship's crew on the forward main deck. This space may also be used for forward-facing canons, giving the ship forward raking fire capability.

4. Midship
The middle section of the ship, also the most stable part of the ship and where the main mast will attach to the ship's structure. On most Kul Tiran vessels, the forecastle and poop deck are typically accessible from midship. The midship will also have platforms to facilitate boarding and unboarding from Port Side (the left side of the ship when facing forward) and Starboard Side (the right side of the ship when facing forward).

5. Mast
Long vertical posts with cross members from which the ship's sails are suspended. Masts may be arranged at different locations, but most capital ships will have at least two, with the largest one being referred to as the main sail. This is also usually the tallest of the masts and may feature a "crow's nest" at the top which serves as an observation platform or sharpshooter's position.

6. Crow's Nest
A platform on the top of a mast where the surrounding area can be observed. Also useful as a sniper position during combat.

7. Poop Deck
Elevated part of the aft superstructure. Kul Tiran vessels will usually have the captain's quarters and the messdeck within the poop deck, and the quarterdeck topside with the Ship's Helm near the stern.

8. Messdeck
The part of the ship containing the eating and serving space, typically adjacent to the Captain's quarters on most Kul Tiran vessels, with stairs leading down to the lower decks.

9. Quarterdeck
The uppermost level of the poop deck, typically features the ship's helm.

10. Aft
The rear of the ship. The rear-most part of the ship is referred to as the Stern.

11. Gun Deck
The deck just below the main deck, typically houses canons along Port and Starboard for broadside fire, and on larger ships may have canons on the bow and stern for raking fire. The deck will also have a powder magazine for storing canonballs and kegs of black powder.

12. Bottom Deck
Usable space on the bottom deck is usually fairly limited as the space is mostly used for the ship's stores, and during emergencies may also be used as a sickbay. Fresh water is also stored at the bottom deck and can be repositioned as ballast to keep a balanced weight distribution between port, starboard, aft and stern.

13. Bilge
A small crawlspace below the Bottom Deck where waste and trash tends to accumulate and mix with salt water to produce a particularly disgusting toxic sludge.
III. Fundamentals of Shipbuilding

Shipbuilding is the art and science of designing, building and launching ships into the oceans of Azeroth. Kul Tiras has long been recognized as the most capable shipbuilders in the world, rivaled only by the shipwrights of Quel'thalas. Although Thalassian shipbuilders were excellent shipwrights, their vessels were primarily designed to face off against swift Amani Troll destroyers and focused more on speed and maneuverability rather than the ability to support amphibious assaults and attack fortified land targets or large fleets of enemy vessels.

Ships are built in specialized facilities called Shipyards, where the ships are painstakingly constructed one at a time ontop of wooden blocks which have been spaced out to fit the final contour of the ship's bottom.

The first section to be built is the keel, the spine of the ship that runs longitudinally along the bottom and anchors the frames of the ship together. Each frame works like a rib, changing very slightly along the length of the ship as the contour of the outer shell (the hull) must be shaped to allow the ship to slide swiftly through the water. The decks, bulkheads (walls), and overheads (ceilings) are then all built within the structure and form a web which adds strength and rigidity to the entire vessel. The masts are built from only the highest quality timbers as these must withstand the winds which will propel the ship forward.

Finally, all joints and seams on the ship are coated with specialized sealants to give the ship it's watertightness. A thick, gelatinous paste made from mixing blubber (Seals and Ogres are excellent sources) with the grounded tusks and bones (Seals, Orcs, Trolls and Tauren have been found to be particularly effective) - and so it is recommended that any of these parts which can be recovered from animalistic Horde species be immediately extracted and stored in the ship's stores. (Site Note: The meats from Tauren also salt well and make for excellent stews while at sea, while troll and orc remains are useful as chum while fishing in deep waters. Waste not - want not!)

Once construction is completed, it must be blessed by the Tidesages of the Stormsong Monastery before the ship can be considered seaworthy. These Tidesages also aid in the navigation of our fleets and it is in part thanks to their blessings that Kul Tiras boasts the mightiest Navy the world has ever seen.

The ship is launched by pulling it backwards from the blocks and letting it gently side into the Great Sea, ready to bring riches and glory to Kul Tiras, and destruction to the greenskins and their minions the world over.
Bootcamp rp tonight was a lot of fun.

10/10 would bootcamp again.
07/03/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Abilyn
Bootcamp rp tonight was a lot of fun.

10/10 would bootcamp again.

Our bootcamp about the animals in the Horde is quite educational.

We're having bootcamp tonight either on the History of Kul Tiras and the Marine Ethos or on Shipboard Combat/Operations/Technology incase anyone wants to observe and absorb some deep Marine wisdom.

https://www.kultirasmarines.com/forum/m/44169095/viewthread/31777488-bootcamp-course-outline
11.5/10 would bootcamp again.
Hello!

Myself and my husband are looking for a guild to play and progress with in BFA. We both recently came back from a hiatus, but I’ve been playing since 2006. I have a lot of experience with progression raiding, starting back in WotLK.

((I actually played on Maelstrom back in 2006-2010ish! I was in The Revolutionaries))

In addition to looking for a raiding / Progression guild, we also have an interest in roleplaying. We both play in / run D&D games with a heavy focus on character interaction and roleplay.
I have experience raid leading / leading progression teams as well.

I am currently a Tank DH, but I’m willing to pursue MDPS Havoc, or a different class all together. I have a 110 Disc Priest on the server / Resto Druid, and I’m also interested in perhaps warlock if you need RDPS instead. :) my husband would like to play rogue.

My discord is ronweasley #3524

Thanks !!
07/13/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Spades
Hello!

Myself and my husband are looking for a guild to play and progress with in BFA. We both recently came back from a hiatus, but I’ve been playing since 2006. I have a lot of experience with progression raiding, starting back in WotLK.

((I actually played on Maelstrom back in 2006-2010ish! I was in The Revolutionaries))

In addition to looking for a raiding / Progression guild, we also have an interest in roleplaying. We both play in / run D&D games with a heavy focus on character interaction and roleplay.
I have experience raid leading / leading progression teams as well.

I am currently a Tank DH, but I’m willing to pursue MDPS Havoc, or a different class all together. I have a 110 Disc Priest on the server / Resto Druid, and I’m also interested in perhaps warlock if you need RDPS instead. :) my husband would like to play rogue.

My discord is ronweasley #3524

Thanks !!

Hi Spades, thanks for your interest!

We are primarily an RP-PvP guild, but we do some pretty casual PvE content in the form of Normal-level Raids and a good amount of M+. We're also originally from Maelstrom and used to run 40-man raids back in Vanilla together with a couple of other RP guilds and members of The Shadow Watch, but we haven't gotten back into the "serious" raiding scene since those times - we mostly joined other people's raids who needed to fill some spots with quality players.

We are a small guild at the moment so we just do PUG raids, but one of our goals is building a raid team with a group of level-headed adults capable of keeping things in perspective - focusing on the fun of the game and the friendships that come from it.

Being a pretty hardcore RP guild, we do have some restrictions on race/class. We only accept the races who have a positive history with Kul Tiras - namely Humans (including Worgen who are also humans - simply afflicted with a curse), Dwarves, Gnomes and Thalassian (Void) Elves. All other races are restricted only to stealth-capable classes, and only after the member has finished boot camp with their "accepted race" recruit.

As far as raid positions go, I usually tank and we could use one more person who is comfortable and exerienced in that role - but since we restrict Night Elves to stealth-capable classes only - that means that Demon Hunters are essentially not allowed in the guild. We have about the same number of healers and DPS, so we tend to need more DPS than anything else (except DH of course - hah! jk/sorry). We would welcome other race/class combinations that are in line with what I've outlined above. We accept some race/class restriction as part of our RP as it helps give the guild it's unique character that we've maintained over the past 14 years.

I hope that all works for you and if not good luck and welcome to Emerald Dream! If you would like more information about our guild, our website is www.kultirasmarines.com and our discord link is on the first page.

Thanks.
Curious about your Kul tiran human policies. In that, will you accept player characters who keep the regular human race as Kul tirans or will they just be ally recruits?
07/16/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Roshambö
Curious about your Kul tiran human policies. In that, will you accept player characters who keep the regular human race as Kul tirans or will they just be ally recruits?

Yes, we will continue to accept regular humans RP'ed as Kul Tirans just like we always have and always will.
Kul Tiras Marines will be attending the August 4 Meet & Greet at the Pig & Whistle in Stormwind, as well as participating at the Discord Q&A.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765866499#post-1

We will be providing an educational presentation on the physiological and behavioral traits of the various animalistic and monstrous species that make up the Horde. This is part of our public outreach to educate the citizens of the various Alliance nations as to the true nature of the threats we face today.

Please join us so we may all learn about the best ways to deal with the infestation of the Horde.
Kul Tiras Marines has joined ED World Defense set up by Ketrell from Pride of the Alliance together with the guildmasters and officers of various Alliance guilds.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20766026579#post-1
Warbringer: Jaina animated short came out which takes us to the ruins of Theramore and at the days of Warcraft III, leading up to Jaina betraying her father and siding with the Horde.

As of the BFA prepatch, Jaina is reviled and seen as a traitor in her homeland of Kul Tiras, where she is referred to as "The Daughter of the Seas". The song heard in the animated short is a sea shanty which recounts her betrayal of both family and nation - betrayals that led to the deaths of many of Kul Tiras' best sailors and marines.

Many of the survivors returned to Kul Tiras with tales of her betrayal, and she has been hated ever since.

https://youtu.be/Fo7XPvwRgG8

I think the part where she says "I'm listening now, father" is in reference to a short exchange they had when Admiral Proudmoore tried to warn her about the folly of trusting the Horde shortly before he was killed.

Daelin: "You have always been naive, my daughter. You are too young to remember what these monsters did to our homeland. The Orcs and their kin cannot be trusted! They must be exterminated like the mongrels they are!"

Jaina: "I won't let you do it, father. You don't understand."

Daelin: "I understand more than you suspect, my dear. Perhaps in time, you will too."

She helped the Horde's leaders escape before they could be captured by the forces of Kul Tiras, and then supported the Horde during their assault on Theramore which led to the Admiral's death.

The crippling guilt and turmoil in Jaina as one of the most tragic characters in Warcraft. She defied her entire world in trying to protect a fragile peace between the Horde and the Alliance for years. Ultimately those ideals and hopes failed - failures paid for with the blood and lives of so many people who were close to her and counting on her.
Excerpt from Kul Tiras Marine Field Manual: Beastiary

VI. Goblins

aka "little green sh***"

Goblins are the little green sh*** responsible for much of the Horde's lackluster, ill-conceived and poorly executed attempts at technological innovation (which usually results in the well-deserved death of many goblins). Driven by their addiction to money, goblins are by far the weakest of the Horde species not only physically but also in terms of their allegiance.

Physical Attributes:
Goblins resemble ugly little forest troll babies who were discarded like garbage due to radiation-induced deformation. With large heads and even larger ears, goblins rely on their inventions to enhance their combat capability, often controlling shoddily constructed shredder mechano-suits to put them on equal footing with typical Alliance foot soldiers.

Behavioral Traits:
Greedy, shifty, dishonorable little liars. The only thing goblins care about is money.

Weaknesses:
The goblin addiction to money is their greatest weakness. Almost any goblin can be bribed, so long as they won't face serious danger or they believe they can get away with whatever it is they are scheming. Goblins easily succumb to even the most basic enhanced interrogation techniques if they are offered an opportunity to get some coin in exchange for making the discomfort stop.

Conclusion:
Goblins are more a liability to the Horde than an asset. Exploit this weakness to the fullest, and failing that, crush them like the little green cockroaches they are. Demolish any tech they leave behind so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands or spontaneously explodes, causing injury to Alliance personnel. Due to their size, a goblin's head is the most vulnerable part of their body - it is recommended to simply cut this off incase their extremities are mechanical in nature and removal would be ineffective.
"The Daughter of the Seas" is a popular folk song about Jaina Proudmoore and her betrayal of her father Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore, leading to his death at the hands of the Horde under Rexxar and Thrall.

Jaina is seen as a traitor in Kul Tiras, responsible for the death of the greatest war hero in the nation's history.

After Daelin's death, Kul Tiras sought out the other Alliance nations to help them avenge his death - but they all refused. Kul Tiras left the Alliance and isolated itself, feeling abandoned not only by their friends, but also betrayed from within.

"The Daughter of the Seas"

"Beware, beware the Daughter of the Seas."
"Beware," I heard him cry.
His words carried upon the ocean breeze,
As he sank beneath the tide.

Those blood-soaked shores of Kalimdor,
Where sailors fought and died.
The admiral fell at Theramore,
because she left his side.

Why this? Why this oh Daughter of the Seas?
Why this? Did you forget your seaside days?
Always the pride of our nation's eyes,
How could she go astray?

When she did flee across the ocean deep,
the admiral followed west.
What else but sail to save a daughter's life,
and pray she still drew breath?

But there he found on the Western shores,
Enemies 'pon the rise!
But when he faced those savage foes
His daughter stood aside.

Buried deep beneath the waves,
Betrayed by family.
To his nation, with his last breath, cried,
"Beware the Daughter of the Seas"
Who the heck is Saltzfyre and where does he get off thinking he can call me a “grumpy butt”?

I demand answers!
08/02/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Maekur
Who the heck is Saltzfyre and where does he get off thinking he can call me a “grumpy butt”?

I demand answers!

Grumpy butt
08/02/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Saltzfyre
08/02/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Maekur

I demand answers!

Grumpy butt

I will find you and destroy you...r collection of knick-nacks