[A] Just doing some scouting

I’m currently located on Heartseeker and plan on transfering to BB once paid transfers are available. It may be a while but I’m curious if there are any semi-hardcore raiding guilds out there that still participate in RP?

Hmmmmm… I don’t think I’ve personally noticed this combination. Most of the time it’s more like: A raiding guild who is open and accepting of RPers but guild chat is OOC and usually RP is just done by individuals on the side with other people from other random guilds.

That would be interesting, though, if there was a guild that was into both RP and raiding. The way I imagine one way that could play out is raiding every other week, and then holding RP events on the off-weeks. I’ve never seen a guild do that. Usually they focus on one or the other.

(And, I mean, like… it’s not like I’m super into either of these two things, raiding or RP. So maybe other people have better insight than I do. I like random, casual RP encounters using emotes. At the same time, I’m serious about doing my best in dungeons. So that could possibly be considered semi-hardcore. But I’ve been playing less over the past few days because I just got this old book called Helter Skelter and it’s so fascinating that I’ve been reading it instead of playing WoW. Ok now I’m just rambling. Time for work. lol)

Hi Voryl, if you haven’t yet, you may want to scroll through the BB Guild Directory here: The BB Guild Directory

I recall there are some guilds with an RP theme who also raid and as Maley said, many raiding guilds who are RP-friendly. If you hang out in Stormwind you will see many 60’s decked out in raiding gear who also have detailed TotalRP descriptions – they would be the people to talk to if you choose to transfer here.

From Karazhan through Deathwing I was fortunate to be an officer of a 10-man RP raiding guild – I was just reminiscing with our guild leader last week about what an experience it was. Our raid nights were our RP events – sometimes we would meet in a tavern beforehand, but a lot of our roleplay happened in the instances and afterwards, and out of game in various blogged stories. The leader of our merry band was an exiled Arathi noble and fury warrior — once, he and Lorith got into an argument during some downtime in 10-man Onyxia, leading to a short scrap that lost Lorith a tooth, which she later had replaced with an Azerothian diamond. Roleplaying in the raid like that was just always a great way to add color to the evening.

I don’t know if I’ll ever be up for the dedication of raiding again, but I mention that example in the hopes that others out there are doing the same kind of thing within their own raids. I like to think that on an RP server, players are always at least on the edge of being IC when the opportunity arises, and RP is at hand more often than we think while we are running around pressing buttons.

3 Likes