A Hypothetical - Cancelling Afrasiabi

No, he goes there to meet with Tyrande and make promises that he doesn’t intend to keep. 4 named Night Elf characters don’t make up for their entire population. Not to mention that Hyjal is contested / neutral territory.

They still go there. So when you say :

That is proven wrong. They go to Hyjal.

You may not like it for what ever reason, but they have a place to go. And they go to there.

It is a place that they go to. Which flatly contradicts your statement that they have no place to go.

If it isn’t good enough for you for what ever reason, that is your issue. Your issues do not change the fact that they did in fact have a place to go. And they went there.

2 Likes

No, only those 4 named characters go there, the population of the Night Elves (that could still exist if their souls weren’t obliterated and Elune revived them or something) can’t go to Hyjal for the reason mentioned and because it’s a contested zone. They couldn’t just go to a zone with Horde in it because they’d immediately be killed if they tried to settle there.
Thus they also didn’t go there, only the 4 mentioned characters.

Even more wrong. It wasnt only those 4.

Among the others mentioned, there is a Night Elf girl playing a sad song on a lute.

I mean, if you don’t count Night Elf girls as part of the race, I disagree.

2 Likes

Can you two at least agree that the NEs future is uncertain and blizz, as per usual, doesn’t plan on updating the status of the kaldorei for a long, if ever? :wolf:

Outside of what, five quests, all of Ardenweald’s main story is about night elf issues. You can flat entirely skip Bwonsamdi’s stuff. They are very clearly addressing nelf stuff in this death expansion, and forsaken aren’t getting anything – and they won’t be getting anything in the ED, Light, ETC expansions, either.

Stares at the Sylvanas content

I mean…if you say so.

4 Likes

I can only say that the Night Elves’ future looks very grim looking at recent and past developments. The fact that Shadowlands doubled down on the Night Elves’ misery despite many opportunities to make things better causes me to have no reason to believe that things would be better for Night Elves in the future, or that the Night Elves would have a future at all.
Furthermore, they are also mostly ignored in books, which further shows how the writers have no intention to fix anything for Night Elves.

2 Likes

You’re finally seeing what it feels like being a fan of just about every other race in game.

We welcome you with open arms. You’ll eventually come to terms.

No?
Other races … have no future? Neither bad nor good.
Who makes plans for the future besides the victims?

1 Like

Naathaanos thinks you’re his wiiiife

It’s a derail, but Dogma is one of my favorite movies from when I was younger, and it disgusted me that Weinsten tried to use the lure of a sequel as bait to get Kevin Smith to defend him after the allegations came out.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but what are you talking about?

I’ve been telling you that the Night Elf situation was bad and getting worse for years. The last time we even interacted, you replied that the desire for the entire Night Elf race as a concept to be portrayed fairly was something on the level of you wanting to see Sylvanas have a soul reunification that we didn’t even know was possible until about five minutes ago.

I have sympathy for others with their issues, but not this reflexive idea that we were in any way “privileged” since the Cata era. I can think of no other race, period, whose course was established as one of permanent, irreversible decline - and where we get hit with a firehose of content engineered to shove our faces into that. Not even the Forsaken have been pitched as having the textbook grimdark experience - heck in Cataclysm you were on the offensive and winning across the board.

Deathisfinal is talking about the Night Elf experience relative to the sum total of the entirety of Warcraft lore, which includes Warcraft 3 for instance, where about one major human city was destroyed per mission.

1 Like

Are you arguing that the Legion and the Alliance and the Horde didn’t rampage through Night Elven territory throughout Warcraft 3? When you roll a Night Elf in Vanilla, the narration establishes that your character is “one of the few Night Elves left in the world” after that conflict.

I don’t bring that up very often because it wasn’t portrayed in an MMO, but that doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen.

2 Likes

I thought that you were a big champion of things that we see on screen taking precedent in terms of impact over things that we’re told but don’t see?

The events I described did happen onscreen.

Again, I don’t mention them that much because they were in the RTS - but if you’re bringing RTS events in for consideration, I’m here to tell you that’s not a trump card for you.

The Night Elves were not a conquering empire that got introduced to have their day in the sun. They were losing territories and people right up until the very last second. When we move over to the Frozen Throne, we open with Illidan rampaging through villages, killing all of their inhabitants.

4 Likes
  1. In-game lore can’t be changed because baked cake problem. A solution here is a Realm Reborn revamp.

2. Dev-stated lore can and should be removed because ultimately it’s not part of in-game continuity. Afrasiabi revealing Sylvanas was behind Wrathgate? Bibidee bobidee bye.

3. Develop characters properly in the future. Ideally through this process we learn what elements of the lore were done with malicious intent against women or minorities.

10 Likes