A hidden in plain sight gem in the Grimiore

In the chapter about Revendreth, The broker talks about the Court of Harvesters and their medallions. His observation is each minor leader in the Court was given a medallion from Denathrius to ensure loyalty and obedience.

Sounds like a micro version of the Eternal Ones getting their sigils: To ensure loyalty and obedience to the “Purpose”.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that all the covenants have something similar.

The medallions were already known about since the initial Revendreth questline. But I mean… yeah. They’re a thing that symbolizes a thing.

2 Likes

Maybe but it’s not altogether that special. It’s just administration I’d argue - he can’t run the whole place himself so he delegates his responsibilities to a series of lieutenants. Denathrius has the Court of Harvesters, his own lieutenants with specific responsibilities, but he’s not alone in that.

The Archon has the Paragons.

The Primus, in theory, had the Margraves.

The Winter Queen’s rule seems more absolute, but even she has key advisors and guards.

Point is I don’t think the discovery about Denathrius’ medallion allocation is anything special - no more so than the appointing of the Paragons or Margraves, at any rate.

1 Like

The Medallion alone were enough to forge the Sigil so the Sigils themselves would be enough to reforge the Arbiter’s Sigil one would think…

Paragons, like everyone else, had their memories drain to keep them in line much like how the medallions made the harvesters obedient to Denathrius.

The margraves are absolutely unruly and dysfunctional. They have their freedom to mutiny or fall in line. As the only line of defense for all of the Shadowlands, Necrolords are trash.

Winter Queen runs her forest as a ruler that has a velvet glove over her iron hand. Ruthless. She even made her subjects kill themselves by disguising themselves from Sylvanas.

I Just think that if the sigils were one day given to them out of the blue then the revendreth medallions could be micro version of it. To bind the EOs like the Harvesters to some greater being or “Purpose”.

1 Like

Renethal, The Curator and The Accuser says otherwise. Denathrius could see through the medallions (which is why he knew about Renethals first rebellion attempt) but he can’t exert his will on those who wear them. That is why he needed our help to get the medallion of pride from the accuser by aiding Lord Chamberlain (who was given Renethals medallion).

1 Like

Hence why if Mortals did not intervene, Denathrius would have won this second rebellion attempt.

Denathrius seems like a person who revel in the torment of lesser beings…To suggest that everything didn’t go according to Denathrius’ plan is laughable.

Shoot, he even had the dreadlord pullout plan in case he was ever actually deposed. Renethal is a leader of nothing…even if he thinks he won.

Denathrius created venthyr then the medallions so he wouldn’t have to do all that work himself. And obviously someone like him isn’t gonna loan pieces of his power to anyone without fail safes. For the medallions he could see what all the Harvesters were doing saying and thinking at any given moment.

but you don’t think whoever gave the sigils to Eternal Ones couldn’t do the same thing, “were doing saying and thinking at any given moment”?

We don’t even know if the sigils existed first or the covenants first.

And clearly, covenants can just make their own sigils up on the fly so were the original sigils really all that powerful?

I think that Zovaal wanted the sigils to be used for the ultimate mourneblade…:open_mouth:

He said why he wants the sigils. He needed them to open a portal to Zereth Mortis. He sacrificed Torghast and most of the Mawsworn to make it happen. None of that ever mattered to him.

When did he say why he wants the sigils? And unless Blizzard is literally retconning lore given in the same expansion, The heart of the forest is what keeps Zovaal bound to the Maw…

And he is looking for the sepulcher for unknown purposes other than “unmake reality”…Zereth Mortis is just another zone in the Shadowlands…something Primus knows about but told no one. The sigils supposedly holds forbidden knowledge…

He needs all the sigils to open the sepulcher and get at what’s hidden there

Well the heart of the forest is as useles as the arbiter because he sure is not in the maw anymore.