[A/H-RP] <Guardians of the Throne> Death Knight/Scourge RP

“You are empty inside, just like me.” ~ The Lich King

As the Shadowlands boil with turmoil, the Death knights heeded the Lich King’s call. They came from near and far. All brothers, chosen warriors of the Scourge. Some loyal and faithful through the ages, some wayward and treacherous, forging their own paths. Yet the sins of the past mean nothing. From Ebon Blade to the Frozen Throne, all roads have led back here, to Icecrown.

The Lich King reigns from his Frozen Throne, and through the power of the Helm of Domination, a summons has issued forth from his Majesty’s greatest champions. Our causes are many; to defend honor or personal morals, to hold back the Scourge, to serve the Lich King. For many of our kind, they are one and the same. War holds no mystique for us. We fight because we have something worth fighting for, not because we strive in fevered contest for the promise of intangible glory. War is mundane to us. It is simple. It is work. We have stripped it down to its barest bones, revealing it as nothing to fear or celebrate. It is simply our task, and one we must carry out with savage, veteran focus.

Through such loyalty and unity, we do the work of our Brotherhood, and the work of our King. The only question remaining is:

Will you join us, Brother?

Our Guild’s Mission statement
The Guardians of the Throne are a heavy roleplaying guild loyal to the Lich King Bolvar Fordragon on Moon Guard RP server. Going forward into World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, our Guild’s mission is to create an active and engaged roleplaying community for people who love Death Knights, the Scourge and all things related to it. We rise to the challenge of creating a successful Death Knight RP guild with an active IC population and a laid back, relaxed and friendly out of character environment for people to enjoy alone or with their fellow roleplayers.

Events
The Guardians of the Throne hold a variety of events and event ideas hosted by officers and members alike, with everything ranging from knightly ceremonies, military campaigns, cult rituals, dark magic, foreign affairs, weekly meetings and more.

Joining Guardians of the Throne
Joining the Guardians of the Throne is as easy as can be. Speaking to any of our members can get you a link to our discord where you’ll be welcomed and shown the ropes of Scourge role-play. Those looking to join us should expect a laid-back and relaxed atmosphere, lively discussion regarding lore, and a willingness to accept the In-Character actions of their characters.

We are not Alliance exclusive either! We already have both Alliance members and Horde members roleplaying cross-faction thanks to Elixirs of tongues and other various means. death knights and Scourge RPers of all factions and even off-server are welcome to dwell with us.

Officer contacts: Antrez, Velldune

Our Discord can be found right here:
ht tps://discord.gg/XHNnYp2

8 Likes

Was gonna say something edgy like ‘Join us or die!’ but that’s hardly a threat. Us Azeroth folks have daily tea time with the Spirit Healers and they just pat us on the head and send us on our way!

Instead I will say that Antrez is a great person and the guild is full of awesome people. If you’re looking for your Shadowlands home or just some friendly not-quite-alive chums to hang out with, give us a try!

2 Likes

Death Knight / The Ebon Blade is the one road I’ve yet to go down in character, so I am pretty excited to learn and see whats in store in the shadowlands. With that being said, I’ll be looking for one of you later to join!

Free reanimation with every visit! We appreciate that you have a choice of Undeath-based companies to choose from.

“All that I am: anger, cruelty, vengeance - I bestow upon you, my chosen knight. I have granted you immortality so that you may herald in a new, dark age for the Scourge.”

2 Likes

What type of RP do you do as Scourge anyway?

Hey Aelieanna. Good question. We’re a group of Lich King loyalist Death Knights. From both the Scourge and the Ebon Blade, given how closely they’ve been working together.

Our goal is to serve the Lich King’s will, keep the Scourge contained, and destroy any rivals who would dare claim dominance over the dead.

We believe in Bolvar’s cause, and we follow his designs. But in true anti-hero/anti-villain status, we are ruthless about it and go about it in the most ruthless and necromantic way possible.

I’m pleased to say things have gone well so far. We had an event last night that was Death knights vs. Nerubians and Faceless ones. Servants of the Old Gods. Darkness vs. greater Darkness. It’s been very fun to RP.

3 Likes

Also you get to be a huge jerk while doing it, so that’s always funsies.

1 Like

Which person should we contact Hordeside?

Hey there Dyntari. We don’t actually have a Hordeside roster for the guild, but our Horde members are part of our Discord with us and attend our events through Elixirs of Tongues that let us speak cross-faction. Here’s a link to our Discord if you’d like to come see what we’re about.

ht tps://discord.gg/XHNnYp2

Do you have to be a death knight to join this Guild?

No you do not, my friend. We accept all manner of Scourge-related RP Characters.

Yeah all sorts; necromancers, plague druids, cultists, knights, etc. Come on down!

I have a DK that I am leveling with a friend’s DK. I just may give you guys a poke in the game once we put on a few more levels. This looks great ^^

1 Like

Hey, sounds like a great idea, Riswyn. You can find us on most often in the evenings. Any member can help direct you to us. Thanks for your interest.

I am loving these Knightly ceremonies we’ve been doing to initiate people. A dark, perverted reflection of human chivalry.

How active is your guild rn? If it is active, and growing, I’d def be interested in joining! Yes, I’m on ED, but I’m xferring to WrA or MG in the next few weeks for sure.

Oh, we’ve been very active since our founding about twenty days ago. We’ve been growing ever since and I’m pleased to say we’ve built up a solid core group of RPers that are on most every evening. Our discord is also available if you’d like to check us out, and see what we’re about before you make any decision.

1 Like

Ah cool! Hit me up with a discord link, if you don’t want to post it here my btag is Jordrend#1941 and discord is Jordrend#6055

Hey there dead people! I was wondering if your guild would be interested in bringing on a recently dead person and make them be not so dead?

2 Likes