🐼[A/H Pandaren Event] The Festival of Lights(Updated Post) 6/30/19

The Festival of Lights is an event held in the Summer in honor of the Red Crane and his teachings. Each year Pandaren gather for a day of festivities and all coming together in the end for the final ceremony. During the final ceremony everyone releases a paper lantern they crafted during the event into the night sky. Each lantern representing their hopes. It is then that everyone can enjoy the display of the lights illuminating the night sky.

https://i.imgur.com/4TXw0Ac.png
[Made by my good friend Henxin/Zhenjing - WrA Alliance/Horde]

1. Kegfist Brewery
  2. Meet and Greet
  3. Empty Stall
  4. Empty Stall
  5. Empty Stall
  6. Quilen & Cloud Teahouse
  7. Tournament of the Red Crane
  8. Main Stage (Date Auction, Outfit Contests, Opening and Closing)
  9. Empty Stalls (Food)

“Hope’s fire grows when the flames come together.” - Chi’Ji, The Red Crane

• Date - Sunday June 30, 2019

• Time - 5:00PM - 10:00PM(WrA Server Time)

• Where - Mistfall Village, Pandaria

• Event Host - Taran Dawnsong(Taran)

Currently Planned Activities(Subject to change)

Outfit Contests(3 Winners)

• Follower of the Crane

• Ready for Summer

• Burning Passion

You are allowed to equip any armor you want, it doesn’t have to be transmog, toys are also allowed to help match the theme if you wish.

Date Auction (Hosted by Kai) - (Slots Open)

Bids are in IC Gold Only! Gold is ICly going to charity.

Be reasonable with bids. If your character wouldn’t have 10k ICly, then please do not bid as much, it can ruin the fun others are having.

Current Date List - (Will be taking more sign ups before the auction)

1. Kunbo(Kunbo)
  2. Basha Serpentbrew(Serpentbrew)

Tournament of the Red Crane - (Slots Open)

Fights are either roll/duel depending on the preference/agreement of the two fighters.

If no agreement can be found than the fights will default into roll battles.

There will be a Referee for both factions allowing cross faction roll battles.

Current List - (Will be taking more sign ups before the auction)

1. Pingyang Cloudpaw(Yonara)
  2. Basha Serpentbrew(Serpentbrew)

Vendors selling various goods and services.

We currently do not have any vendors. If anyone wishes two I have at least three free stalls open. Be sure to message me before the event starts on the 30th. I will also do an announcement during the event.

Food and Drink

Kegfist Brewery - Spot #1 on the Map(Main Tavern)

Quilen & Cloud Teahouse - Spot #6 on the Map(Mini Tavern)

Current Schedule

5:00 - 5:15 - Opening

5:15 - 6:00 - Free Period (First Outfit Contest)

6:00 - 7:30 - Date Auction

7:30 - 8:00 - Free Period (Second Outfit Contest)

8:00 - 9:30 - Tournament of the Red Crane

9:30 - 10:00 - Free Period (Final Outfit Contest)

10:00 - Closing/Lantern Release/Fireworks

F.A.Q

(Q) Is this event for Pandaren only?

(A) Nope! While it is Pandaren themed and I hope a lot of Pandaren come anyone is welcome.

(Q) Am I required to bring an Elixir of Tongues?

(A) You do not have to, I will have about 200+ on both factions so if you are unable to afford them I will be giving away 5 to whoever needs. 5 will give you enough to last for most of the event…

(Q) For the Alliance! For the Horde!

(A) That isn’t a question and no get that out of here, this is a “Neutral” Event any faction conflict is to be left outside of Pandaria.

26 Likes

Can’t wait! Would be glad to help in any way I can, just let me know!

1 Like

Oh man, Saturdays are my guilds raid night :<

1 Like

Maybe that far into the expac your guild will clear the raids fast!

1 Like

This event is several months away. With time and dedication I should hit level 120 by then, but it is a long shot.

wish me luck fellas

3 Likes

Give us a poke if you need any help!

Neat! Hope I can make it!

1 Like

I posted to our in-game calendar!

I’d like to open the teahouse for the event, in addition to the usual two Sundays in June. Brother Yak Ring should be around as well to trade lucky-dos (gray items you would normally vend) for things he’s got that are too new to be lucky (green/blue items).

Activity: I’d like to sponsor a kite-dueling contest ( roll / emote similar to sparring) with kite pets as prizes.

Sure thing, we have that outdoor area and I believe two smaller taverns if you wanted to use any of those three spots.

The Quilen & Cloud Teahouse events are always in the smaller tavern which is near the tower & the pet tamer. People will be expecting it there, so I’d like to use that one.

Kite dueling we can do anywhere. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bump!

Also, need any extra hosts for anything?

1 Like

I was missing internet for a week. So I will give this a bump! Was anyone also interested in me doing the Date Auction again? It seemed pretty popular the last time.

2 Likes

The previous one was my very first experience. It was a lot of fun (hope my date thought so as well). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you want help with either of these I’d like to volunteer. Got some experience & can work to your needs without much ego at stake. :slight_smile:

I have it covered! Map should be simple will just do it as I did last time and I have my ideas for the logo I just have been moving and without internet so still unpacking everything.

No worries on my end. :slight_smile: Glad you got it handled.

Yes because Zhii’s date stood him up :C

What? That is like buying a basket full of expensive stuff and just leaving it there in the store.(If I remember correctly Zhii had a high bid)

2 Likes

Bump! I’m excited for this. :panda_face: