A Guild for Gamers with Social Anxiety

A Guild for Gamers with Social Anxiety (A)

Has our doors open to recruiting new, veteran, and returning players alike. We’ve been around for quite some time (since 2012, in fact), but here’s a refresher about our guild:

Swords for Everyone (A) on Moon Guard and Swords for Everyone Else (A) on Wyrmrest Accord has created a positive, friendly atmosphere for gamers dealing with social anxiety and other mental health concerns. We want to encourage, support, and empower all of our members to experience all aspects of the games that they play.

SfE tries to offer a diverse event calendar designed to include members of all levels of experience and interests. We have a casual raid team that works on normal and heroic content, groups form regularly for Mythic + dungeons and many of our members enjoy PVP. While we are primarily focused on World of Warcraft, our members also enjoy the guild in other games and formats such as:

-Overwatch
-Steam Games
-An Active Discord!
-Frequent Guild Meetings/Events
-Discord-based DnD
-IRL Meetups
-and more!

We currently are only running events on Alliance side but Horde alts are welcome to use our bank and chat.

Our guild does utilize a Discord server, which we find to be a helpful tool for communicating. Note that speaking is never mandatory! If voice communication has scared you off of joining guilds before, know that our guild completely understands, and will work with you to find a communication style that suits your needs. It is important to know that Discord is far more than a voice server and we have text chat rooms for all sorts of topics including support for your anxiety and real-life issues. It has become the beating heart of the guild.

With the new community chat feature, it is not necessary to reroll or transfer to join our Alliance guilds! This gives you the freedom to meet us and decide if you want to do so at a later time.

If this sounds like something that interests you, we welcome you to apply at swordsforeveryone.org. We know that sometimes applications themselves can be anxiety-inducing, but this process is to get to know a bit about you as an applicant, and only our officer corps sees your application. Given the nature of our guild, we try to ensure that we’re a good fit for you and vice versa. Prior to applying, please read our guild charter thoroughly, it covers far more than this recruitment post and explains the application process itself.

Please note that Swords for Everyone is a guild for age 18+

If you have any questions or concerns our GMs and Officers would be more than happy to talk to you. Please feel free to contact: Dangerjosh (A) WrA, Agnice (A) WrA, , Bertley (A) MG, Winterthorn (A) MG, Malirka (A) MG.

10 Likes

Great people. Even if some of them think that waffles are better than pancakes. Come play with us and get ready for Shadowlands.

1 Like

Pancakes are the superior breakfast food, but Waffles are good too :pancakes: :waffle: but Soup is not a meal, I don’t make the rules I just follow them :bowl_with_spoon:

1 Like

FOR THE HORDE!!! I mean, yes. Join us on the Alliance side cough cough

1 Like

Tonight is raid night!

2 Likes

Yes, but is cereal a type of soup?

1 Like

Cereal can only be considered a soup, if salsa can be considered a salad.

1 Like

Most of the world is struggling to stay inside, stay away from people, etc…we’ve been perfecting the art for years! Check the website and if you feel you’re a good fit, join up!

4 Likes

Honestly though, what is with all the anti-waffle heresy in this thread? Waffles are the superior batter-based breakfast food.

1 Like

This. Like for longer than WoW has existed.

1 Like

Ayyy we out here (being inside)

1 Like

Happy Whensday, world.

1 Like

Oh wow! I was in this guild back in 2012 or so. Nice to see it’s still going!

2 Likes

Still going indeed! Though we may look a tad more blue these days. :wink:

i’d like to extend a special invitation to you all to come to the teahouse this Sunday. It can be pretty bustling. This actually has an advantage for the anxious - nobody minds (or rarely even notices) if you sit quietly watching the circus. So grab a buddy to feel safe with & come to Sri-La. There’s plenty of places to step outside for a breather, even a back door with a path down to the shore. There’s fewer people early (we open at 7 PM) or late (crowd usually thins out around 9:30 - 10).

I got social anxiety myself. Which is why the rule (both OOC & IC) against confrontational RP is strictly enforced. And also why Kunbo’s behind the counter in the first place.

4 Likes

If you’re looking for a home leading up to the pre-patch and Shadowlands activity boom, check us out and apply!

Looking forward to meeting you! We can take on the invasion together!

1 Like

Excite hype for Shadowlands! If you struggle with group anxiety but still want to try the other half of the game, come check us out!

1 Like

We’re so nice, we’ll welcome you even if you don’t pick the coolest covenant for Shadowlands (Venthyr, obvs).

2 Likes

Waffles are far superior. They absorb and hold syrup little crevices unlike pancakes. Pancakes have their place, specifically if there’s chocolate chips added (yum!) but I’d take a waffle over a pancake most any day.

2 Likes