A Final Goodbye

Good luck on your future! I understand the game not being fun anymore. I didn’t know you, but it seems like the community has a lot of respect for you. I’m sure you will be sincerely missed.

3 Likes

Oh wow Cannibal. I know we didn’t talk much, but this news has made me sad.

You’ve added a lot to this community over the years, from big things like RP guides and wowpedia updates to little things like those neat little lore tidbits on screenshot of the day.

Best wishes, friend! I hope that one day this game feels welcoming enough for you to return. And may the Red Crane live forever in your heart!

7 Likes

Damn, it sucks seeing you go. You’re one of the best resources for lore out there, Canni, thank you so much for all you’ve done. May your future be bright.

3 Likes

I’ll miss you. I know that we’ll be able to speak on Discord, still, and I’m glad of it – but in a separate sense, your presence will be missed here.

You’ve been a helpful, knowledgeable, reasonable, and all around good influence on, and member of, this community. It wasn’t a pleasant surprise, after reading the thread title, to see who had posted it. But I understand why you’re leaving, and I’ve ridden out several instances lately of nearly hitting the unsubscribe button so as to have a decompression break from the serial aggravations that WoW has recently delivered.

So, I will miss seeing you post here. But I hope moving on from WoW brings good things for you, and that you carry more good memories with you than bad ones.

7 Likes

Good luck and Godspeed, Can’o’beans.

Give 'em hell wherever you go.

7 Likes

I’m so very sad to see you go. You’ve helped me with so many characters…names, stories…you name it, you’ve helped me, and I am eternally grateful for that.

I knew no matter who I posted on or what class it was, I knew you would help me figure it out and again, I can’t say how grateful I am for all of the help you’ve given me.

3 Likes

…damn. Always sucks to see a beloved community member go.

4 Likes

I know we didn’t talk much or RP together but your contributions have always been welcome and positive! I wish you the best!

4 Likes

It’s okay to come back at some point, there will always be a place.

Otherwise I hope you find something new and good. Take it easy.

3 Likes

I’ll second Karmas, and say that there’s always a spot if you want to come back.

Otherwise, I will miss your sincerity and genuine attention to the details of the lore. I’m sorry that the story direction has been one you can’t follow, and wish you good voyages and all that jazz.

Best, Canni.

5 Likes

I admit I’m a new forum-goer (not a new player by any means), but your sheer presence on the forums was something even I noticed. From what everyone has said, it seems that presence was well-deserved and respected.

I relate to your frustration with the game right now. I can’t say I’ll put it away just yet, but I hope you continue to inspire other people and create stories like you’ve done here. Good luck - and don’t let Sylvanas give you the stink eye on the way out!

5 Likes

Feel great, be safe and party on.

3 Likes

Good luck, and if you come back in the future I’m sure we’ll make a thing of it.

3 Likes

Good bye old friend, may your journey take you to a better place. I hope one day we may fight again side by side.

3 Likes

I’m saddened to see you go, Cannibal, but it’s for the best if you’re not enjoying your time here on WoW anymore. Maybe one day it’ll improve enough that you might come back for a look around at least, though!

I can certainly admit that I’ve felt …challenged, by BfA, by and large. While I do love RPing here still, some of the decisions the WoW team have made; ESPECIALLY in the story, have left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. It’s got to the point where quitting is actually on my mind, though I don’t believe I’m quite ready to quit just yet.

I’m holding out for improvements…and actual growth from the current story moving forward, and hoping we never, ever get an expansion like this ever again. In terms of the faction stories. So tired of the damned world wars…

Wishing you all the best, man, and have a good one! Hopefully you find more enjoyment in your other hobbies!

6 Likes

Well, never thought I’d see this happen so soon, but I knew how you had been feeling when you posted a few times before, so I can’t say it’s too surprising. It’s gonna be rough not seeing you around, but at least we will always have all those wonderful resources that you meticulously had put together.

I wish you the best in the future.

4 Likes

Sad to see this happen, know you’ve been debating for a while. I share your forum team frustrations. You always have a home in our discords.

4 Likes

Best of luck, dude. No sense wasting time on a video game you no longer find fun. But now you can put that energy elsewhere, and maybe that can be a good thing.

5 Likes

End of an era. Forums won’t be the same without you, bro, and my RID list gets noticeably lighter for not the first time since BfA hit.

3 Likes

I hope the next expansion goes better for you. Everyone needs a good WoW break every now and again anyway.

But since you won’t be playing for a good while… if maybe you had some excess gold laying around that you weren’t thinking about using? It’d be a waste for it to just be sitting around not gaining any interest.

1 Like