A few questions about Shadowlands

Perhaps anyone who is in beta or who has seen the info officially confirmed somewhere can fill me in regarding these slightly less contentious thingees:

1. Tome of the Quiet Mind - will the BfA version work in S’lands?
  2. Will there be a flight whistle?
  3. Will the BfA pet tokens work in S’Lands? (I bldy well hope so!)
  4. Has there been any change to the vendor costs of low level gear that is levelled up via Relics?
  5. If there is water in S’lands, does the mount water walking ability still work?
  6. Do the goblin gliders work?

Those are the questions I can think of right now, if anyone else has any real answers (not just guesses) I’d love to hear them. And if you have any similar quality-of-life type questions, tag 'em on.

Sure. (opens Beta client)

It certainly looks like it.

There still isn’t one as of 12h ago, if you follow this thread on the Beta forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/flight-masters-whistle/600931

Yes, I believe they said they were going to keep Polished as the current currency for this expansion, and Shiny still aren’t going away for some older stuff:

This one sounds like a lot of work to find out in the context of this reply. Are you asking if once you sink a bunch of Relics into a piece of gear, does the vendor cost of the item go up significantly? That seems ripe for exploitation if that got out of hand, but I can’t really give you a great answer here.

I think water walking behaves the same as it does now?

They don’t appear to have any additional restrictions on them.

5 Likes

I’m impressed with the picture responses haha. Bravo!

Just keep in mind that not all things are final, however there aren’t too many drastic changes to worry about.

Flight Master Whistle is a big concern for many folks. There is the ongoing thread to get it added, much like there was one in BFA. Currently it isn’t really needed in SL since most hubs have a flight path to them or there are alternative routes to the locations, however it would still be nice to have. I expect that it will be added after go live much like it was for BFA.

On the PTR, if you make, say a pair of Linen Pants tht sell for a few silver, and then upgrade them with a high level Relic, the vendor value goes up to something over 30g. I wouldn’t see that as ‘exploitation’ since many of the other pieces of upgraded gear do similar things and its something that has been designed and works across all the crafting proffs. I suspect a fair few people are saving up linen cloth to turn it around into handy gold, I wondered if it had changed lately. While I can test it myself on the PTR I wasn’t sure whether Beta was any further along as far as professions go.

And PS: thanks for the other responses.

1 Like

So far, nope.

Relics? Like from Legion? No?

Yes. Why wouldn’t it?

Yes. Why wouldn’t it?

No. In crafting professions you will be able to upgrade many pieces of low level gear your craft using things called Relic of the Past. They have ranks from 1 to 5 which can be slotted into the gear like a gem slot and the gear upgrades in level and ilevel. Currently if you craft certain low level items and input a Relic it upgrades and increases in vendor value by a significant amount (way more than the cost of the mats for both the item and the relic).

Yes to this and goblin gliders.