[A] <Emerald Alliance> RP-PvP-PvE - Grobbulus

"4 years have passed since the mortal races banded together, and stood united against the might of the burning legion. Though Azeroth was saved, the tenuous pact between the Horde and Alliance all but evaporated. The drums of war thunder once again.
The Alliance is in chaos, it’s king has gone missing, mere civilians answer the call to support their nation. Times like these… the Alliance needs heroes. Heroes ready to face the might of the savage Horde, protect the people of the Alliance, and face greater threats. Will you answer the call?"

We will be rolling on Grobbulus-US.

Emerald Alliance is a guild built by players of the RP-PvP realm Emerald Dream on retail servers. This server is special, because it is the only server on the realmlist that includes every type of content in the game. PvE, PvP, WPvP, RP-PvP, RP, you name it, it’s available on Emerald Dream. It’s also special due to it’s community. The community of Emerald Dream is one of the most tight-knit, engaging communities in the entirety of World of Warcraft.
This guild was built with this server in mind. Our goal is to capture that diversity of content and have a tight-knit, engaging community. So, at this point I’m sure you’re wondering… What does the guild plan on offering once Classic becomes live on August 26th?

Community: I think this is what should start the list as it’s always the single most important thing in a guild. The main reason a guild exists is for community. We plan on offering not only a guild community filled with people who play together all the time, but also being engaged with the greater server community.

Levelling: Everybody is going to start Classic at level 1, so for the first few weeks of the guild, the main focus will be levelling. Levelling in Classic is no quick or easy task, which is why we will be helping each other level and doing it together. As it goes, Classic is a game not meant to be played alone.

PvE: We will do general PvE, i.e dungeons, contributing to the AQ opening, mob grinding, etc as seen fit by the members.

Raiding:
The <Emerald Alliance> raid team is a two-night, semi-casual progression team. While we are not looking to achieve server firsts, we will be taking raids seriously. Our goal is to progress at a manageable and reasonable pace through every tier of content. Raiders will be expected to know their *class/role/spec and be able to meet the demands of the raid. Since there are only two mandatory raid nights per week, we must use our time efficiently. Therefore, good performance is essential.

Raid Times Progression raid: *Sun/Mon @ 8:30pm-11:30pm CST Optional raid (for ZG/AQ20 or MC alt runs): Wednesday @ 9:00pm-11:00pm CST. This raid will begin in phase 4 *Raid days are currently tentative and may change depending on who we have. Times are set.

*One of each hybrid DPS spec (Ret paladin, Feral druid, Balance druid, Shadow Priest) will be allowed for progression. Exceptions for excellent players may be made.

PvP: Battlegrounds are a pretty great part of Classic, which is why we plan on doing them as a guild.

WPvP: One of the most famous aspects of the Emerald Dream server is it’s World PvP. Classic is an amazing expansion for WPvP, and we absolutely plan on doing much WPvP. Whether it be helping a guild member who’s getting ganked, Southshore VS Tarren Mill, small scale battles out in the world, or a full on raid of one of the Horde’s cities.

RP-PvP: The fusion of two great styles of gameplay, prepare yourself for epic, story infused small scale battles with Horde RP guilds.

RP: Roleplay is another staple of Emerald Dream, after all, the RP-PvP ruleset was originally demanded by Roleplayers who wanted more “spice” in their gameplay. We plan on roleplaying quite a bit, whether you just want a simpler world to do it in compared to retail, or want to explore the past of a new OC.

We are recruiting general members before the launch of Classic, but are mainly focused on filling our leadership ranks so that we will be ready to start creating this content once Classic is live.
Here are the current leadership positions open:
Co-GM

These positions are already filled:
Guild Master
Raid Leader
RP-PvP Coordinator/Officer
Raid Officer
Instanced PvP Leader
World PvP Leader

If you are interested in joining the guild as a general member, or filling one of these leadership positions, please contact me!
Contact info: Blizzard App: Jordrend#1941 Discord: Jordrend#6055

6 Likes

Bump! Come for the RP-PvP style, stay for the people!

Sounds pretty solid so far, I like how this guild is sounding. Been looking for an RP guild in classic that aswell does everything else. Maybe I’ll cya guys in Azeroth

1 Like

UPDATE: We now have a confirmed RP-PvP server! We will be rolling on this server at launch.

We now have a schedule, WPvP officer and almost 20 members! Join us!

Im that WPVP officer and Im committed to making sure the Horde Hates us

2 Likes

We will use Aerie Peak as our guild base!

I’m down for this. Hopefully it won’t turn into what ED has been for a while now…I think the lack of people having toons on both sides will help a lot, no off realm folks either.

Definitely, not enough RP and RP-PvP recently. Add me on btag Jordrend#1941 if you want to join the guild :wink:

This sounds promising! The raid times work perfectly with my schedule also. My only question is, what is the loot system going to be like? I’m afraid of joining any guild with a loot council, as I’ve been apart of a few different guilds with that loot system and each one always end in favoritism and drama.

If the loot system is fair, I’d definitely be interested in joining!

I’m planning on rolling a paladin healer, and I’ll also be doing heavy role play and spending my time getting to know the lore of the game.

I’d like to try to find a few players that want to group up for at least the first day to quest together. I want to read each individual quest and complete them all in every area and explore the entirety of each zone before moving to the next. I also plan on maxing out each profession in a zone before advancing, like fishing for example, I’ll fish until it wont level up anymore and then move to the next zone, also the same with all other professions.

I’m planning on learning blacksmithing, mining, cooking, first aid, and fishing. I also plan on helping out my fellow guildies as much as possible by making whatever they need and helping with any hard quest.

I’d love to talk more about what the guilds goals are and how I can contribute.

Awesome! You’ll be happy to know we don’t use loot Council. We use a loot reservation system where you can reserve loot based on order of priority. It’s on of the fairest. We’d love to have you! Be sure to add me on btag Jordrend#1941 if you decide on joining :wink:

1 Like

I’d like to know more about just how the reserving loot works, is it first person to request reserving of the item? Who decides the priority? I’d love to chat more about this, I’ve added you on discord. I’ll add you on bnet in a moment.

If 2 people have it in the same order of reserving, roll off.
Here is some more detail from our raiding info tab.
Loot Policy <Emerald Alliance> uses a loot reservation system. There are myriad problems associated with both Loot Council and DKP. Loot reservation is a very simple and transparent system that is predictable and guarantees you get loot. No stressful bidding, no favoritism, no drama. You will fill out a list of items you want and list them by priority before we enter the raid. If an item drops and you are first on the priority list, you win it. Ties will be broken by attendance percentage, then a /roll. There will be a master priority list that is available for everyone to see when the raid tier begins. How to use the Loot Reservation System 1. Fill out the raider information form: 2. You will be given access to your tab on the Personal Loot List in Google Sheets: 3. Find your name on the bottom tab and use the dropdown menus to select the loot you want. Please make sure every cell is filled. 4. The Master Loot List will be automatically updated with your selection: 5. You have until the first raid of the tier to adjust your priority list. Once the tier starts you will be unable to change your priority until the next raid opens or you unlock a higher priority. 6. Higher levels of priority are unlocked via attendance. Priority 3 is unlocked by attending 12 raids. Priority 2 is unlocked by attending 20 raids. Priority 1 is unlocked by attending 8 consecutive raids. Once a new level of priority is unlocked, you will have a limited time to edit your list.

1 Like

Awesome loot system! Love it! I’m having difficulty logging onto my battle net app so I can message you about this further. I added you on discord though. I’m not currently paying for a monthly subscription yet until classic drops so if we could talk more on discord I’d appreciate it.

Messaged you on discord :wink:

1 Like

Color me interested, I certainly like the direction you seem to be wanting your guild to go in.
I started in og classic, played a hunter and warrior and did progression raiding through MC, BWL and ZG. Later on in MoP and since I have seriously gotten into healing and while Ive never raid healed outside the occasion LFR, I’ve done arena and RBG healing up to almost 2k rated. I plan on rolling a dwarf priest in classic and am looking for a guild that I can raid and pvp with while it still being laid back enough to understand that life happens.
I’ve never played on the Emerald Dream server before, so I’m wondering what this tight-knit community looks like and if it is tolerant and accepting of people from outside of its’ community and of people who don’t necessarily fit stereotypes?

I joined ED in Legion, was accepted later than most peeps since at the beginning I would whine about PvP on the forums, so just don’t do that and you’ll be fine lol. We’d love to have you!

This guild seems right up my alley and the times seem much better than other guild postings Ive seen. I sent you a btag request so I hope to hear from you soon!

My discord is Wade#3659 if youd prefer to message me over there.

I joined WoW during Cat so I never had the chance to play classic. Still Im excited to take part in it on release day. I’d really enjoy to be in a guild like this.

btw discord is PlastiCat#1816

33 members in a little over a week! Come join the fastest growing ally guild on Grobbulus!