A Dead Server, With Dead help

Well, honestly I have spent thousands on blizz products / subs. My account has been active and opened since 2011. I sent in a ticket asking for an honoring of moving 2 of my alts from Sulfuras Alliance to a different server and then I am told to come here and plead my case, as if the statistics arent alone to merit a gesture of good faith? 99.6 Percent Horde to .4 percent alliance. Is this a joke? Am I a joke to you?

Check the statistics for yourself on Ironforge Pro.

I just recently transferred 3 characters from a different server, Whitemane–> Benediction and I paid happily because the server still had an albeit small but relative population of alliance.

But I cannot justify or merit spending 25$ Twice to move two of my characters from Sulfuras to another server. The taste blizzard left in my mouth is a sour one,

honestly, I am on the edge of giving up but I am sure thousands of others are as well.

Sincerely; A voice lost in the dark.

2 Likes

I agree. This seems like the least they can do.

I, like you, was told by a very nice GM (Chameassan) to come here, as customer support is not allowed to grant server transfers.

The blue post indicating that allowing free transfers would only make things worse rings hollow on a server that has 1,000 active horde characters to every one alliance. It is particularly insulting as the dev team enabled the current faction imbalance by allowing transfers in the first place.

For servers like Sulfuras, they really should allow free transfers off, initiate a server merger, or … something? Anything??

The free transfers on and off make no sense. They just seem to allow people to throw their toons at mega servers.

I am sorry you are leaving sulfuras. I miss the days when we were a healthy server. It is a shame that blizz let it slide so far. I don’t blame you for leaving. I can only hope blizz does something to address this, but they wont.

They will if they want people to keep re-subbing. New content patch isn’t playable on dead servers. People won’t come back.

Given how many paid transfers have happened they have to have made at least half a million on transfers alone in the last year, but as I understand it, internal politics in the company has made classic’s success somewhat controversial. Management at activision does not want classic to be successful because it diverts players from retail, which is better monetized, so i’d infer that classic gets minimal development and staffing allocated to it. In other words we’re cash pigs.

Everything that’s happened to the servers has happened as a result of lack of maintenance.

I hear your pain. Interesting to see similar things are happening on Classic, though while you guys are actually getting help and there have been Free migrations on Classic Wow, on Retail we are being put on hold since Battle for Azeroth.

I’m trying to get attention to this issue, so here I am on US forums :slight_smile: leveled up a char so I can post here.