[A] <Cheers> | Calling all late-night raiders! Cheers is recruiting!

Hello, we are Cheers [A], a social and late-night raiding guild here on Westfall! We are a small, close knit, community focused guild who take pride in offering a fun and friendly place for folks of all levels, skill, and interests.

Our raid team has so far focused on 10m, but are looking to expand into 25m ToGC and begin growing our raid toward 25m ICC later this year.

Schedule:
Tues/Wed 10:30 to 1:30 EST (Server)

Loot:
Full Guild runs are simple MS > OS.

Mixed runs with pugs we use MS > OS +1. (Trophies will be handled as a separate MS > OS +1 roll, independent of other loot.)

Progression:
Our core raid team has been successful in clearing all Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 10m content, and many have experience with 25’s. Notably for the last two phases the team has completed:

Phase 2 | 14/14 + 9/9 HMs, w/ Herald of the Titans Algalon kills
Phase 3 | 5/5 ToGC Heroic

Who we are:
We are a laid-back group of players, many returning to the game for a second stint in WoTLK, who prioritize having fun and the experience of raiding.

The guild is currently made up of many parents and professionals, with commitments outside the game, and while we prioritize those needs it has not prevented us from progressing effectively through the game’s content.

Our raid philosophies are…

1. Have fun! The most important thing for our team is that we’re enjoying the content. If we can’t have fun playing together, then what the hell are we doing here?!

2. Be respectful of others, and their time. While we want to have fun, we also want everyone to remember that raiding is a team sport, and clearing content requires the efforts of 9 (or 24) other players. When it is Raid time, be ready to rock and roll so we can get in and down some bosses! As noted, we’re here to have fun, but we want to clear the raid efficiently while we’re at it.

3. Don’t be, ‘That guy.’ We are not an ultra-hardcore, progression guild. We’re here to relive old content, make new friends, and enjoy the game. We take things seriously to the extent we need to, but never at the cost of those around us. If you can’t check an ego or bad attitude at the door for raids, this may not be the raid for you.

If you’re interested in raiding and we sound like your brand of whiskey, we’d love to hear from you! As we grow toward 25m we have room for all specs and classes.

If you’re just leveling and want a social, friendly place to play the game we’d also love to have you even if raiding isn’t your primary focus. We are a community that loves to help others, through the leveling and gearing process, and beyond!

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to any of our Raid Leaders or Officers in game, or post here, if you have any questions!

Raid Leads
Selinedion
Sòmeidiot
Vanyth

Officers
Beanieweens
Dervla
Tomoi

4 Likes

Are you still looking for more people? Im looking to come back to WOTLK as Im getting burnt out on retail and looking for a place to raid once I hit max lvl. I would be starting fresh so if you needed a healer and dont care to wait im happy to make one. Im a healer main in retail so would love to try it in classic. Could also boost a class if im a good fit. How is westfall with getting groups? A little worried about getting gear this late in the game

Hey Melrimm, welcome back to the classic side! =P

Yeah, we’re always open to more folks and know exactly how it is doing the fresh grind to 80. Our last server was a fresh classic server for the launch of wrath, so every one of us did it and helped support each other through that journey.

Westfall has been great for groups, especially coming from a lower population server. We try to run guild groups when we can, trying to get newer 80’s into H+ content, but even if a guild run can’t happen I don’t think anyone has experienced a problem finding a group at any time of the day.

Our healing bench is pretty solid for 10’s, but more flexibility doesn’t ever hurt, and as we look toward expanding the raid group toward 25 man comps it will give us just that many more build options. Everyone in the guild really supports, “Play what you enjoy” and all of us that raid have tried to communicate openly and be flexible on what specs / classes we bring to the table to help ensure success while still having a good time.

Let us know if you have any more questions here, or shoot one of us a note in-game and we can chat more.

1 Like

ok awesome! I have a lvl 70 warlock (if you still need warlocks) I can xfer over or I can boost a shammy for ele with a resto off spec. Once I hit 70 ill work on getting some gear.

Either would be amazing to have on a consistent basis, so whichever you prefer.

I’m on most nights, and any of the above officers can get you setup with an invite if I’m not around when you’re online.

Looking forward to playing with you!

ok awesome ill reach out tonight to ask some more questions (sent you in game mail with my Discord info), I have a lvl 70 hunter already on Westfall so might roll that if its needed as well

Hey there!
I’d be interested in joining. Leveled up to 80 on wotlk drop and had to stop for life reasons but back and just looking for a chill group to do dungeons/raids/socialize with.
Ign is Torayx

I am Leveling a pally & a DK if you need one of those

Hey Provino, sorry for the delay getting back! We would be happy to have you!

We’ve got plenty of folks who are actively leveling, either folks coming back to the game and leveling their first characters or alts for some of our more veteran players.

If you’re still on the hunt for a home please reach out to me, or any of our other officers for an invite.

@Torayx - Absolutely thrilled we were able to connect in game! Welcome to the Cheers team, it has been great having you!

1 Like

Just to say to everyone who may be shy because they are not quite “raid ready” yet, we currently have quite a few new members who are starting from scratch, and we are more than happy to help out with levelling gear, group quests and eventually gearing up at Endgame.
So just because you are not an uber-geared 80 doesn’t mean we wouldn’t love to have you.

1 Like

Also, for those of us (and that includes me) who are just not that much into raiding at all, we got you covered as well.
Obviously, as per the original post by Vanyth, we rock at melting faces, but we are also active in all other parts of the game. Be it crafting, questing (we have some amazing Lore nerds), achievement hunting, pet farming or just being silly in guild chat, never a dull moment in this house.
So whatever part of the game you are really into, I think we got you covered, and we’d love to have some new members of our little (mostly functional) family. :slight_smile: