A character with that name already exists

Unable to log back in after getting stuck loading into a bg or dungeon queue this has been happening often over the last 3 days

2 Likes

Hey, i’ve also had this problem, i got stuck at a loading screen exiting a dungeon and after giving it several minutes i closed wow- now my character has no listed location and when i try to log in it says “A character with that name already exists”

Just had it happen again

Just tried using a flightpath told me “unspecified taxi error” and then I logged out to try and fix it. Now I also have this problem and am unable to get on my character before my world quests go away.

Just happened to me after a dungeon and now all my action bars are void of spells once I logged back in

Happens to me specifically when I try to load into Spires of Ascension through the random dungeon finder.

random dungeon and specific dungeon queue, when i try to do halls of atonement and spires of ascension.

im having that some problem logged out of my mage and now i cant log back in plz blizzard help with this i cant even log into my own mage and it keeps booting me offline

its saying the same thing to me when i try and log in my toon alrdy existed but when i log into another toon its offline wtf

I am continuously getting this issue over the last 2 days. Get stuck on the loading screen getting into dungeons, have to relog. Then I get the “a character by that name already exist” and then I get a 10 minute dungeon deserter debuff. This is extremely frustrating

Just had this happens 3 times in a row, but only seems to happen when queueing random

still happening today please help