[Main Thread] - A Character with that name already exists

I cannot enter the game on my warrior. Last night I turned in an arena 2s team charter while getting summoned by a dungeon summoning stone. When i turned in the charter it did not work. It would not let me turn it in.
Then it would not let me accept the summons. I was in Nagrand at the ring of trials. I logged out then could not log back in. I am able to log into my other characters.

I have uninstalled all game files and addons. I reinstalled wow and I still receive the error.

Maybe try the UNSTICK method?

They may just need to move your character to get it working again.

1 Like

I did that. I moved him to Westfall. I still cannot log in on that character.

This is on burning crusade classic

I made some changes to the character. Could you try again?

Please do the same for Crispyxo - Arugal, been waiting 2 days !!!
They said we will pass onto QA team but didn’t give me a time frame, I took some time off from work to play and now I can’t even login!
My quest log was full when I handed in so not sure if that effects anything?

Please do the same for Yellowpepper on Herod, 24 hours open ticket and unable to play. Thanks!

The same thing happened to me and I can’t get a response. It’s been over an hour.

Same thing happened to me last night around midnight. Frustrating for sure

Same thing happened to me. Can’t submit a ticket or get any attention to it. 6 + hours not able to play. Ticket submitted for stuck character, but no human interaction.

Ticket responses are irrelevant. You can find multiple forum posts of people who have been stuck in this state for days, opening ticket after ticket that get “instantly” resolved without fixing the issue.

1 Like

These two should be fixed. Please feel free to post your character name and realm name if you are encountering this error.

Cheers!

1 Like

Classic TBC, playing my priest Gramparsons on Benediction -

I tried turning in a 2v2 last night in Nagrand, and it just wouldn’t complete. I figured i’d go back to Shatt and farm honor, but all the npcs were missing. I logged out, only to receive the “Character already exists” error message. I went to bed, and woke up to the same problem - unable to log in. So I closed the game, and tried to “update” the client, but after trying 10 or so times, the update wouldn’t complete - “Whoops! Looks like something broke!”

I tryed to create a 2s team and it happened, my character bugged when i try to log in already tried many things, not worked, manually logout my character: Pirest-Sulfuras

File a ticket.
This is not be a point of contact for action.

1 Like

There is no way to submit a ticket anymore…

Of course there is. Click support in the top right of this page. Then click contact support in the top right of new page.

1 Like

similar to many others, i am also experiencing this problem. i tried to turn in my 2v2 charter at 11AM PST but am still unable to log in at 8PM PST.

is there anything i can do to solve this or do i need to wait for blizzard intervention?

thanks!

3 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue. My character is stuck online, i can message it and see it on my friends list. It’s been logged in now for over 14 hours. Ticket response time says nearly 2 days so i’m hoping this can get some visibility.

2 Likes

I should also specify that my issue also happened when i handed in the 2v2 charter.

2 Likes