A bit of Clarification about the Helm of Domination

So, I’ve been hearing rumors lately about Death Knights and their Endless Hunger…and that said hunger was a creation of the helm itself(Likely by Ner’zhul and/or Arthas). With the helm long destroyed by now,(And…egh…reforged…) the Endless Hunger is gone for -ALL- death knights, at least that’s what I’ve heard… But is it true that just because the helm’s essentially gone, so is the Endless Hunger?

I haven’t heard of the Eternal/Endless Hunger going anywhere and couldn’t find anything about it through cursory research. I assume it’s either still a thing or whatever lore about disappearing with the original Helm’s destruction is very obscure. Frankly it sounds more like wishful speculation, though I may be biased in that.

1 Like

That was a gift from Arthas, not the Helm. He wanted his Death Knights to be ruthless non stop killing machines. So if you’re an Arthasian Death Knight, that quality is never going away. Hopefully however you’ll improve on restraining it.

1 Like

Not only this, but he straight up killed any Death Knights in training who showed even a brief glimpse of their former humanity and emotion… this is what the culling arena quest and the subsequent prisoner camp questline that has you kill a former friend rather dramatically were about. This implies the only reason the player DK is even remotely still not an emotionless killing machine was that they were really really good at hiding their emotional reactions.

The helm didn’t endow the DKs with the endless hunger, the training they received in Acherus to have them themselves often cull the weak and sympathetic in their ranks by their own ghouls and blades did.

1 Like

Or possibly that was an aspect of the Shadowlands derived Domination Magic that Arthas used and Bolvar didn’t.

1 Like