9.2.5 Clarification

I know there’s not a release date for 9.2.5 but we could really use some clarification on if it will start season 4 or if the patch comes out first and the new season comes out later. Has anyone clarified this already? I follow the new pretty closely and haven’t heard anything definitive.

I believe I saw something about 9.2.5 and Season 4 officially not being tied together recently but I couldn’t tell you where. Probably wowhead.

4 Likes

they’ve already said season 4 will be later in the year. probably fall-ish but they didn’t give a date

2 Likes

So does that mean that 9.2.5 will be this summer and Season 4 in the fall? I know what they already said, but it still doesn’t explicitly clarify it.
9.0 was 259 days, 9.1 was 238, So far 9.2 has gone for 92 days. If the “typical duration” for the season is 250 days it means we have 5 more months of Season 3.
I just think it would be helpful if they would outright say, “Season 4 will release at a later time than 9.2.5.” just to curb speculation in the community.

9.2.5 is already a release candidate on the ptr so i would expect it probably in the next few weeks

3 Likes

They already said as much. Stop asking.

Patches and seasons haven’t been tied together since WoD. Season 3 is likely going to last at least another 3-4 months, since we are currently barely 3 months into it.

Yeah, this was why I was asking, people on reddit were acting confused and I wanted to know for sure. Thankfully someone rudely showed me the source I was looking for, further down even though they were a jerk about it. I see people on reddit always asking and I wanted to know if there was an answer. Now I can tell them, “Scarizard clarified on twitter that Season 4 will be later.”

1 Like