9.2 shadow aoe

So I’m messing around on ptr and with the 4 pc shadow aoe feels pretty decent. With just the pvp gear from the vender and just the normal enchants my sustained aoe is around 16-18k dps on 4 targets. Running misery and AS.

With misery and spamming mind blast I build insanity really quick which then I have 40% chance to trigger dark thoughts which is up quite often between spamming DP and mind sear.

Again, this is just sustained sitting at target dummies with out pots or lust or anything. Idk seems pretty good all around from just the testing I’ve got to try. Anyone have any better outcomes or thoughts?

There’s no real reason to deviate from the aoe principles shadow has been following prior to 9.2, those being the ones based around searing nightmare. It’s still going to be the best choice for pretty much every key.

The difference in 9.2, is that if you’re not comfortable / don’t like SN, you won’t just do gutter damage by not taking it. This also vastly improved the m+ experience for less skilled shadows who struggle to do aoe damage now. You’ll always at least have the shade damage, which should improve our perception in keys a lot.

1 Like