9.2 enhance - night fae/wolf bones for all content?

Given the synergies between night fae legendary, wolf bones, and tier set, is night fae/wolf bones going to be the best for all content (raid, m+, pvp)?

If nothing else changes, probably. But they could always try redesigning the necrolord, venthyr, and (to a lesser extent) kyrian legendaries so that they’re not quite so bad.

It may depend on how the feral spirits 4 piece is implemented. If the Stormstrike reset only function with the pet spawned by the 2 piece bonus, then that would a) suck, and b) possibly be a little stronger for doomwinds.

Definetely not PvP. For PvP it will be either Kyrian or Necro. Fae Transfusion is extremely clunky to use as Enha. You are always in the middle of the fight and you don’t want to waste Kyrian Spear or Static Totem for it because you want to use Doom Winds then. Kyrian adds a lot of damage and is easier to use. Necro gives a lot of Haste that would buff your burst by a lot.

On first look, it seems like Night Fae + Wolf Bones + four set is a really strong option. Not sure about PvP, since I don’t, but it looks really strong for PvE. Might even see a return of hailstorm builds for M+

fae transfusion as enh pvp seems awkward AF.

Yup. Agreed. Which is mainly why I was asking. Disappointing to see the enhance tier set specifically synergizing with only one covenant legendary (night fae) , one regular legendary (wolf bones), and one final talent (elemental spirits). None of which are good for PvP.

Alot of the tier sets are generic and work for anything, but the enhance tier set is very specifically focused on a single build with a single covenant and single talent/legendary build out. Which happens to be a really awkward build that almost noone uses in PvP.

Hopefully Blizzard either rethinks this and changes some things, or disables tier set bonuses in PvP.

To be fair it is good for every covenant and you don’t have to go all in with it. Of course reducing CD to the limit looks good on paper but in fact playing Doom Winds with Kyrian Lego might still end up better even with the bonus.

Ele actually thanks to spreading Flame Shock and extra Haste from Necro lego and Skybreaker Fiery Demise might end up reducing the CD of Fire Elemental even more in PvP than Fae Transfusion because you need to hit it.

I would say in single target the night fae/wolf bones combo is going to be supreme but in any serious AoE situations I would think Kyrian (Or Venthyr)/Doom Winds is going to be better.

1 Like

At least the ele and feral thst I’ve been looking at have been aimed at band-aid fixing extreme weaknesses in the specs. Feral’s deals with their abysmal AoE and bad damage during Berserk. Ele’s tries to band-aid their ridiculously bad damage when attacking with anything besides chain lightning and earthquake

I played all 4 covenants on my Shaman when Shadowlands released. Despite all the guides saying that Venthyr was best for Enhancement, I found NF to be best all around and stayed NF ever since.

I’m glad to see the synergy for Night Fae will be even better for pve, but it really puts the other covenants in a really weird spot.

NF wolf build will be better for raid, but for M+ i still dont see it overtaking Doomwinds. Using the covenant legendary first to get that big crit buff then drop wf totem afterwards seems like the play.

health would have to increase so dramatically to make chain harvest not worth it

even with venthyr legendary being absolutely worthless chain harvest itself is hands down one of the best and most versatile covenant abilities in the game

realistically even with tier and double legendary doomwinds venthyr will probably still be the best in a lot of scenarios

1 Like

It’s not about the strength of Chain Harvest, it’s about the weak effect that its legendary has compared to NF or even Kyrian. Chain Harvest has a lot of uses itself, but it is nowhere near as versatile as Fae Transfusion. Sad that Fae Transfusion just feels bad to channel.

The synergy that the NF legendary has with the tier set is just too good.

that’s what i’m saying

chain harvest itself imo is stronger without a legendary than any of the other covenants WITH their respective legendary effects

also sorry to clarify i mean specifically in arena*

Yeah, it’s like for Hunters, how the Kyrian ability at baseline is the overall best, but the legendary is the worst out of all the covenants. It’s a balancing act.

slap a -30% to -45% modifier on fae transfusion and make it work with msw

Yeah, for PvP, I agree. The burst damage and healing from Chain Harvest is just too good. It’s easy to run out of Fae Transfusion unless there is a good stun on the target, Vesper Totem isn’t bursty enough, and I don’t think we need to talk about Primordial Wave.

Considering the most underused covenant for Enhancement, Necrolord, all they really need to add is a mini flame shock spread mechanic (I know it’s been mentioned to death by now).

The ability to get 3 flame shocks going quickly for a short period on demand without all of the target switching, targets dying early, dispels, etc. to basically get bloodlust for the duration of doomwinds would be a very strong contender to the wolf bones build that the upcoming set bonuses are strongly catered to at this time.

i dont think they’re that bad for pvp, aside from night fae ofc. but revolving around feral spirits instead of doomwinds/ascendance might be a thing, add the pvp talent to reduce CDs on that pile and u pretty much have wolves out all the time, and they do actually do a fair amount of dmg and would change enh from a burst spec to a constant dmg spec. The issue comes from covenants tho i have no idea what you would play for that, our covenants were not designed with enh in mind except for venthyr the others are very clunky.

I don’t know about giving up burst for sustain in this meta.