9.1.5 PvP Non-changes

From the 9.1.5 well discussed thread.

Seems like good idea. Idk, what do ya’ll think.

10 Likes

Quoting this from the Megathread on 9.1.5 PTR Sub, this is what many people have been fighting for, or at least something similar,

This allows Blizzard to keep their beloved renown upgrades but have it only effect the PvE iLvl, while the PvP iLvl becomes standardized considering PvP is supposed to be skill based, not gear based.

The 10 PvP iLvl gap between Honor Gear & Conquest Gear would be reminiscent to how PvP Gear was when PvP participation used to rival PvE participation.

The only reason PvE gear scales up higher is because the Dungeon/Raid bosses scale up higher, there’s no reason to apply this philosophy to PvP. The current way they’re doing things would be like if they added Mythic scaled bosses to Normal difficulty raids.

12 Likes

I mean i’d rather they just not have tiers of conquest period lol but yes, i’m perfectly fine with having low pvp ilvl in pve and high ilvl in pvp if it keeps the pvers from complaining that they have to do pvp and keeps their mythic raid geared bums out of our brackets

11 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I would much rather it be 1 Honor set and 1 Conquest set and no upgrading.

It was like that in the past… though I’m sure there was a reason for falling away from it.

Edit… of course I don’t remember the reason.

5 Likes

Nope. Not counting the fact that that’s ONLY once you’re fully ranked up. The process of ranking it up is what is so brutal.

So if I hit 60 on a new toon and want to start BGs, I can either be like 160-170 ilvl and get evaporated, go buy some gear from the AH and be around ilvl 205 and still get evaportated, just slightly less quickly. Just so I can go farm ilvl 177 gear that scales up in PvP but I’d still take off when doing other content like Torghast because it’s lower than the AH gear I have.

Honor gear should = Normal raid gear ilvl
Conquest gear should = Heroic raid gear ilvl
Both should scale above mythic raid gear ilvl in PvP (262 for honor & 275 for conquest)

The issue of “but what if PvP gear is easier to farm for raiding” kind of went out the window when WoW turned into World of Boostcraft. Whatever metric you’re using to weed out boosted players from your Mythic raid, use the same on PvPers.

Yup. Most of my PvP buddies quit way back, and I’ve barely touched PvP content in SL myself. Really unenjoyable system currently. I’m not returning until after 10.0 and I see if it’s even worth it.

You don’t enjoy grinding out 7 sets of gear? What, are you one of those entitled PvPers who wants to PvP to earn gear at a reasonable rate so you are on par with everyone else and can actually enjoy PvP? Wow, dude. :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

…wait a min… I know you… you’re that priest!

What happened to?

Still banging this drum eh? They aren’t going to make PvP gearing changes mid season.
Also, stop calling it a “megathread”, there are posts about hair colour with more replies.

My last post on that thread. I had typed enough on that thread and felt I got all my main points across.

I had purchased a 2 month sub, which runs dry 2 days after 9.1.5 hits.

That PvP PTR thread has more views/replies/likes then every other thread on that sub combined, but okay lol

5 Likes

Looks like we are all still being ignored here. How can they possibly think a PVP experience where people get blown up before they can even pop the trinket to get out of the stunt is a fun one.

The Item level difference between best and worst pvp gear should never be more than 10.

We just want to be able to log in and enjoy some pvp, the 9.1.5 changes if we can call them that do nothing to address the huge power gaps.

Blizzard is time to acknowledge this issue and stop ignoring your player base. we your paying customers deserve a response.

11 Likes

1 honor 1 conquest set please

3 Likes

Such a huge quality of life update. Instead of needing like 90,000 honor for full honor gear you need about 75,000.

Amazing!

Sure do miss the days of needing ~20,000 for full set. Especially since we get honor at the same rate as before outside pvp weekly increase once a month.

2 Likes

PvP should be on their top list of their priorities to address. I can see they know the gearing system is a problem since they made changes to it, but seemed to ignore what the players wanted instead.
Please for the love of god listen to the pvp community, we’ve been asking for the same things over and over again, 1 honor set, 1 conquest set , you’re making the game worse and discouraging people to play pvp. How many people will you watch unsub before you change the game the way your paying customers want?

3 Likes