9.1.5 mage tower

Just curious, but does anyone else feel like a slap in the face that the skin model they told us in legion was exclusive got a recolor and is making a return… kinda wish i wouldnt of spent a month grinding for them now.

8 Likes

i really like the idea of more recolors and no problem if are for all because the originals still exclusive

11 Likes

i don’t mind recolors normally, but they’ve gone overboard lately. it’s obviously easier to do than create new models…i’m speaking for myself here, but I’d prefer new models and ideas going forward as I think we have enough recolors of mounts/weapons/skins to last a couple expansions…

4 Likes

As a newer player I’m happy they’re adding a recolour, I think it’s a good compromise. It keeps the original appearances exclusive to those who did the mage tower in Legion while providing newer players the chance to get an alternate version.

Personally I don’t see myself using it, I prefer staring at a fat bear butt for hours on end. But I know many players have been requesting the form become obtainable again. It’s a pretty unique bear form and it seemed like such a waste to lock it behind timed content.

3 Likes

What an odd way to think. I mean my tv i just replaced wasn’t nearly as kool as the one i just got, but I’d never think my money was wasted obtaining it when that was what was available to me at the time.

If you like the new one better, hey good news you can get it too! For those that don’t like it they’ll pass. However, no one is “slapping you in the face”.

8 Likes

You still have the exclusive skin models. In fact there is no way for any new player to get the same non-fel look at all. If I want a white werebear I cannot because that is exclusive to you, which I’m ok with.

Is that your way of saying you don’t want other people to get it so you feel accomplished?

6 Likes

I dunno that I agree with this, and I’ve seen this opinion being thrown around. It does look cool, and I’ll be working on getting it, but in the back of my mind I still need the 10 rbgs, as the black one is so cool. Also, everyone will be rocking it; if you bust out one of the other 4, like the white one, or the tan one with scars, you’re gonna stand out for sure.

1 Like

Did you use the mage tower appearance between the time you got it and now?

2 Likes

Typically No…without using Feral Aff, Life is terribly slow and I feel like the Giant Werebear makes it all the more slower? Usually use one of the PVP Bear skins.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/mage-tower-timewalking-restrictions-covenant-abilities-and-shadowlands-324566

Well Well Crap…looks like they are going to try to keep it a challenge. Removing all Shadowlands stuff etc. So far they haven’t Crossed off Legion Legos. I hope still have Luffas somewhere in my bags.

It’s incredibly distressing that after 4 years of enjoying the model, they dare to release it with a new skin to the plebeians who didn’t get a chance to get it before. Sure your skin is totally exclusive and nobody else will ever get it again, but you earned a monopoly on everything cool and fun and nobody should ever encroach on that.

Is that what you were going for?

2 Likes

So did you use it all this time or not? If you did, you got 4 years of use out of those appearances that no one will ever be able to acquire again.

Not removing all shadowlands “stuff”. BfA gear is neutered, and Legion legendaries have been stat sticks all expansion, even for levelers.

A 50 can walk in (I did on the PTR), but with neutered level 50 gear and the type of scaling they are using, I doubt one could complete it.

They balanced this by giving nothing to ferals.

1 Like

(Got all the Druid challenge skins in Legion). I feel like Blizzard adding new skins, even if it’s the same model/skeleton, is how it should be done.
The Mage Tower skins should still stay unique since that was how it was intended, but just in the game in general Blizzard should add more cat and bear skins. In Shadowlands for example, would have been the prime time to get new forms based on the Covenants.
Sorta feels like people always get tied up in the Mage Tower skins more so because of the lack of skins Blizzard releases for Druid forms. If we had a greater pool to chose from and earn this debate about Mage Tower skins would probably be more alleviated.

1 Like

Nope. I’m happy to have a chance to get it. Sorry for your loss.

Also. This game is a waste of time. Everything you do is a waste of time. You know, time the most finite and nom replenishable resource in existence. We’ll all be dead soon in the cosmic sense. Returned to nothingness. If a waste of time in a video game upsets you, quit. Hug a puppy. Paint a sunset. Tell a loved one how much they mean to you. It’ll all be over soon.

Again though. I’m happy to get this.

1 Like

I’m sorry you feel it is a slap in the face to you. I know many others who feel the same way as you do.

Personally, I am glad that ppl can work towards the skeleton of chad bear again. They did keep the original colors exclusive - for those who care, I would think this would pacify most ppl who care about being exclusive. I do not think the new color compares to the old ones. The new one is very manly to me. Honestly, seems like a color variation that should have come out during legion.

I just hope it’s as challenging as it was back in the day. With that said, I’ve been so casual the last year I hope I do alright with it - as I plan to go for it for giggles and to add to my collection.

No. It’s fine that people are getting the chance to get a different version of the incredibly unique bear form that guardians got back during Legion – and I’m saying this despite having the base form myself.

Bring back Claws of Shirvallah for mage tower ferals

1 Like