9.1.0 PTR in 2 weeks

Considering how extremely vague Blizzconline was with details, with no zone flyover as is traditional in blizzcon content previews, barely any screenshots, and using sentences like “some of the ideas we have” in regards to what the M+ seasonal affix will be… it really doesn’t feel like they had that much done.

Now I’m not gonna say they had nothing done at all, clearly they did have some stuff to show, but it really feels like they had a bare minimum. The last bit in particular worries me because they had that same general attitude towards a bunch of systems like soulbinds and torghast. That concerns me because it means the lions share of the ptr will be seeing what systems sticks, and given the state of SL… Id rather the ptr take its time getting it right rather than rush out a broken buggy mess…

2 Likes

True. 8.2 showed more at blizzcon and came out what, 7 months later with a little over 2 month ptr.

2 Likes

Yeah don’t rely on 3rd parties for information unless they link an official post, but in this case it does look like the information came from Blizzard.

I’ve been hoping for early June, but I’ll take mid June.

Castle Nathria is way too hard and long for a short 4 month entry tier like they did with EN and Uldir.

6 months is solid, and by extending the first tier to the more normal 6 months this “could” decrease the end of expansion drought.

1 Like

Do we have a blue post anywhere? I will not even consider the possibility w/o seeing one.

First comment to this thread I posted a link to stickied blue post.

2 Likes

My bad - took all the posts as “it will be released in two weeks” not the PTR. Need to pay attention to the thread title :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We could still get a John Hight .

" Sorry due to circumstances we will have to delay the 9.1 PTR until late Q2 2021 . We are truly sorry about this and hope to see you all in patch 9.1"

1 Like

Late July/early August is still possible as a latest projection. Earliest would be June.

People predicting May are delusional.

4 Likes

They could, but I doubt they will. The backlash would be a bit much I think for them and doesn’t seem to be in line with what’s happening anyways.

yup, I think most people are saying 10 weeks for the PTR cycle.

I think if you’re in the 4-8 week camp you have to say that you agree the dev team is now fully caught up and is no longer behind. 4-8 weeks would imply they are moving at full speed or faster and at their efficiency rate can beat previous PTR cycles for this amount of content.

If you’re in the 10+ week camp you would agree they are still likely behind schedule to some degree. Depending on how long you think it will be depends on how far along you think the raid/dungeon/systems are feature complete.

Assuming 10 weeks…

From Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Added 10 weeks
Normalized to 70 days

## Result: Tuesday, June 22, 2021

4 Likes

IDK, its hard to say honestly, as they definitely cannot rush it, or else it will be a whole other disaster. Yet they do need to push something out soon, before player interest dwindles.

June 22nd sounds like a good bet to me.

But I guess we will know how rough everything is when the PTR starts

I sorta feel sorry for them… This is it in a nut shell… If 9.1 sucks… Shadowlands will be written off by a lot of players… And for how long its taken to get actually content patch a lot of players have written of shadowlands…

2 Likes

Seems like a great opportunity for me to take a little break, then read the 9.1 patch notes in 2 weeks to get me excited to play again…hopefully.

People wrong? on the internet?! unpossible!

Late June! Just in time for summer!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

man i hope the ptr isnt in shambles.
i still have money betted on august.

Hopefully it’s good but…a patch isn’t going to save SL.