9.1.0 PTR in 2 weeks

Just tweeted out by Method. Is this confirmed?

3 Likes

Stickied at the top of these boards, so yes.

6 Likes

It’s what blizzard says.

2 Likes

oops did not see that. thank you.

3 Likes

No problem!

2 Likes

Holy cow. All the doom sayers on GD were wrong…Again

9 Likes

Yes and no still can be a July(ish) release only time will tell

7 Likes

2 Weeks would probably make it the middle of June.

But I can’t say July would be impossible

4 Likes

It is going to be June! Better be good!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Late may / early to mid June seems the most likely to me. Gives about 6 - 9 weeks of PTR.

3 Likes

Im still strong on mid- July. I hope I am proven wrong.

Still, this definitely means confirmed at least two more months for people to get whatever progress they are searching for.

2 Likes

People forget the minimum PTR for a patch was 4 weeks. That would put us as mid-May the earliest.

Mid July seems really far out. It’s possible, but that would be an incredibly long PTR time. 6 weeks is end of May. 9 / 10 is end of June. That would be pushing it to 11 weeks for beginning of July, and 12 - 13 for middle of it.

Just don’t realistically see it going that far out, but you never know.

3 Likes

This is true, though considering this one is a Raid , Mega Dungeon, plus whole slew of other things, I feel it’s prolly gonna 6 - 8 weeks myself.

3 Likes

But then again, we had a 9.0.5 patch which probably served to delay. It wouldnt be hard pressed to think that they were doing 9.1 development during this time.

But June seems more likely.

Its still a few months away

• 9.0.5 had next to nothing content wise – Valor system + a bunch of hotfixable class changes. And PTR lasted for a month.
  • 9.1 PTR is easily at least twice that long, considering all the content it brings.
1 Like

Exactly…but not August like a GD and a certain streamer has been claiming

I believe bfa’s ptrs lasted 2 1/2 to 3 months. Mid to late july would probably be the best bet to be honest.

Considering how extremely vague Blizzconline was with details, with no zone flyover as is traditional in blizzcon content previews, barely any screenshots, and using sentences like “some of the ideas we have” in regards to what the M+ seasonal affix will be… it really doesn’t feel like they had that much done.

Now I’m not gonna say they had nothing done at all, clearly they did have some stuff to show, but it really feels like they had a bare minimum. The last bit in particular worries me because they had that same general attitude towards a bunch of systems like soulbinds and torghast. That concerns me because it means the lions share of the ptr will be seeing what systems sticks, and given the state of SL… Id rather the ptr take its time getting it right rather than rush out a broken buggy mess…

2 Likes