9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

The bait on the fishing pole used to be percentage based gladiator.

7 Likes

I am not here to farm likes, I will defend what I think is right, if I had such an intent I would just agree with the OP.

People struggle to reach 1600-1800, welfare Glad was a good move but I don’t know about accountwide stuff, perhaps they should revert accountwide Glad titles and mounts.

Just leave this forum, you are in the wrong place. Welfare glad killed ladder play. People hit 2.4 and then realize how daunting R1 is and quit.

9 Likes

yup pvp would be (tuning aside) way more fun if you can just plug and play alts faster to just q it up with friends

the game should be about learning the gameplay/matchups for your spec, not dying to people that just brute force you through an ilevel advantage

67 Likes

Solution of that is having extra rewards for rank1, it is not welfare Glad problem.

Imagine spending $30 a month for a throwaway account to hide the fact you don’t even pvp while you sperg the arena forums.

34 Likes

Next time I’ll create a classic account like you, I promise.

3 Likes

Exactly. I played the most in WoD bc I could simply log in and que arena. I didn’t have a million pve chores to do.

Ironically acti-blizz tried to put pvp’ers on a hamster wheel of pve chores to boost their play time metric, and that backfired on them. The expacs with the most pve chores I barely played or quit. The expac with a fair level playing field and little to no pve chores I played constantly.

45 Likes

You might as well start liking your own posts on your other account because it’s obvious no one else is.

15 Likes

27 given 63 received I don’t intend to derail this thread, so I’ll be leaving for now, goodbye.

1 Like

That is not a good solution. The solution to the failure of welfare glad is to reinstate percentage based glad. Then you keep “the elite” at 2.4 and maybe give an unarmored version of the glad mount for 2.4 as well.

3 Likes

its hilarious that their intention is “hamster wheel pvpers with pve/cancer pvp grinds so they log in”

if i didnt have to do the hamster wheel i’d be on WAYYYY more often qing all kinds of stuff on alts

seems like the gear timegate/grind hurts the game in 2 ways

-blizzard is hesitant to do large tuning/class changes because theyre afraid “oh this guy just spent x quantity of hours getting all this gear and we dont want to make him completely unviable”
-you cant just play the game for fun, either partime job it or log on csgo or w/e else

23 Likes

What time does bloomsday get home from washing cars for free at acti-blizz. I need more cannon fodder.

2 Likes

If they haven’t gotten this message by now that means they are willfully ignoring it and if they are willfully ignoring it that means they are profiting from it.

31 Likes

I don’t believe I do understand what you mean.

Are you saying that PvP gear shouldn’t be one ilvl honor gear and one ilvl conquest gear that you don’t need to upgrade, like Revolol was saying? Because no one uses the Deathwing mount?

Or maybe you are saying that PvP gear and PvE gear needs to be the same ilvl and not scale in pvp? Because no one uses the Deathwing mount?

I believe, I have no idea what you are saying. Or what people using or not using the Deathwing mount have to do with anything on the PvP forums.

3 Likes

-6 ilvl is fairly miniscule imo especially if the stats on the pvp vendor are bis in PvE or if you only have a m0 piece. Iirc the m+ rates are still pretty bad, so in the start of the season, it’s worth to always conquest cap as a PvEr even with the current valor system (and at the start of the season, it’ll be time consuming to get keystone master; a few of my raider friends avoids m+ as much as possible).

I agree with everything else in the post but wanted to emphasize your point about how it affects PvErs (not much lmao).

1 Like

This is Panda Priest btw, it changed my avatar for some reason.

This change helps PVEers, yes. But it absolutely also helps PVPers too and PVPer concerns. Since Legion, PVPers have expressed frustration with PVE gear being too powerful, and sometimes even optimal, in PVP situations. With this chnge, it ensures that PVP gear will always be better, at comparable difficulty levels, to PVE gear. That is an overwhelming victory for PVPers – in a fight we’ve had since Legion.

That’s not the problem… it has always been like that. When a new season starts and all gear is an upgrade, the most optimal players are going to maximize their gains by doing all the content the game offers, in order that they get an early advantage. Tht is a top end issue, the top 1% – which the game should not be balanced around.

The problem lies when months down the line, PVEers are still being compelled to PVP for the gear. Because currently, it’s not just good early into the season – it’s good all season long, sometimes even better than PVE gear.

Once again, to reiterate, it makes PVP undeniably the best gear in PVP, at comparable content levels.

Unranked Gear will be better in PVP than Normal raid gear
Duelist gear will be better in PVP than Mythic sire gear

This has always been a concern of the PVP community.

That’s the point… PVEers don’t like it when PVP gear is too powerful in PVE content, and PVPers vice versa.

Then why did the community hate scaling and templates? What makes you think that 99% of people want an even playing field, when every attempt to even the playing field has been met with community backlash?

The gearing change doesn’t address everyone’s personal gripe with the PVP system, we can all agee with that. That doesn’t mean it isn’t a good change, worthy of implementation. That seems to be your main criticism of it, is that the change doesn’t address your own gripes with PVP, but that isn’t really a valid critique of the system itself. Insert the taco meme,“Why not both?” Why not have this system, and other systems that acknowledge and address the justified concens of the community.

5 Likes

I guess a lot of people saw Demoniclily’s forum trolling avatar and thought, “oh hell yea, that looks fun.”

Keep fighting the good fight, brother. These changes are unreal bad and can NOT go live with 9.1, 2 sets… honor set/conq set. Everyone should be on even footing with pvp gear, there’s simply no other right way to do it. Thanks for posting this. buuumppp!

17 Likes